Suggestions, bugs, etc for next firmware to developers

Mar 5, 2019 10:24:13 GMT jockyw2001 said:
Obviously life would be a lot easier if Kospet would share the source code, but chances getting these are slim. Behind Kospet there is actually KingWear (ODM), ALPS is the board manufacturer, and moreover a Shenzhen based independent board solution provider who do the firmware/software for nearly all MediaTek based droid watches on the market. This solution provider will of course never share the source code. Actually they don't even develop the sw, as it comes from MediaTek, they just do branding and customization. Anyone can have the SDK if they sign a NDA and pay MediaTek enough for a license. That's not a solution for those who just want to build *better* custom roms. What remains is analyzing and reverse engineering the available firmware and reuse different parts of it, e.g kernel and modules to build custom roms. This is feasible but can be very time consuming. Especially because the droid developer community is very small. In this community I have only seen Iscle and Ricktop and I consider myself also to be one

Perhaps you saw my post in this thread /thread/3338/bluetooth-calling-solution-kospet-hope
I do have full source code of MT6737 and MT6739 based phones. There is a chance it can speed up the work to build a better version of android. It may also be helpful to build a Wear OS version, I actually found Wear OS software components in the droid firmware, which proves it can be build with the MediaTek SDK. Furtermore there is “asteroidos” (https://asteroidos.org/) which also looks cool. Only very few droid users in this community have played with this, e.g. see /post/31937/thread

In my opinion the Kospet is a great toy for developers and hackers like me. It even does all the things I want it to do on a daily basis. If it is not good enough for you then stick to your Stratos or buy an even better main stream watch, but don’t put your
“hope” on kospet

True that, it’s a great toy, I like it a lot, that’s why I have the Stratos on my left wrist while the Hope is on my right.

Thanks for sharing your post, both that and AsteroidOS seems promising!

Is it normal that, when I receive a call on the phone, the smartwatch only vibrate ONCE, like a standard notification? Thanks

I’d like the firmware as on the finow X7 if i had known i would have bought the finow x7 instead the hope. fitness app much better even though found a fix on this board which works great , 3rd party sleep tracking drains

the battery overnight, like the finow x7 android UI layout a lot more

if there is no firmware update soon ill try to sell my Hope

and will use the Finow x7

the Hope has excellent specs but the firmware is lackluster too much hassle to get everything working properly, on the other hand i learned a how to set up Android watches .If the hope would come with a decent firmware ,UI all setup fitness HR,sleep ,etc it would sell like cupcakes

KOSPET TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS

I think pablo11 already announced a new Kospetfirmware with the improved fitness apps for after Chinese new year

let’s hope Chinese New year was early February, I sent an e-mail to the Kospet after sales department I don’t expect any feedback but better than doing nothing at all

Feb 18, 2019 18:18:56 GMT soniasophie9697 said:

Feb 4, 2019 16:29:55 GMT Hellooooo said:

Hi all,

Ive just got the Kospet Hope 4G smartwatch and first impressions are great.

I mainly bought it for fitness purposes and I am trying to migrate my fitness stats to better health apps like strava or wear OS etc but nothing seems to work.

I have a Huawei phone and can’t migrate it to their app too. Does anyone know of any fitness apps where it works?

The wii watch 2 app is rubbish for fitness data as it refers to check the watch which is useless as I want a history backlog and visualised.

Also do you know if this watch has offline (none 4G) GPS tracking and can monitor all fitness stuff if I don’t want to put my SIM in it?

Thanks

yep, use any health app on the watch and it syncs to your account on any device also use HeartOnTop which syncs with google fit.
yep, gps works fine without data connection have tested.

Umm… How are you using heartontop? My watch never gets past the link with account prompt…

Wait sorry my mistake… Confused with another app…

Not any

health app works fine Google fit doesn’t GPS way off. Runmeter does work fine but doesn’t sync to fit, Strava and ghostracer are ok no sync to FIT.To get the GPS accurate readings need GPS status and toolbox Its a real hassle to get them to work all properly for a layman hard to do.

Heart on top works fine but another app that runs in the background sleep as android drains 90% of the battery overnight lifelog is somewhat useable again another app that gotta run in the background . all those apps are a hectic summary to get only the app section to work. haven’t been talking about other useless parts of this basic UI.

The UI as described above is available hence finow X7. Its just Kospet doesn’t want to invest and put them in their firmware. Kospet watch can be very powerful due to its specs but lacks the instruments to do so coz of Kospet

we just bought a PORSCHE with a powerless 2.o liter gasoil engine in it

no feedback from Kospet at all as I said before if there is no solution soon ill trash my Kospet for another watch. If Kospet would give the possibility to pay for the extra utilities in UI I would be happy to pay for it

I too would gladly pay for an upgraded software experience… getting updated for the newest developments. Everything I bought recently (except those watches) have continuous (at least 2+ years) support and upgrade from either a community or direct from the OEM. Some even have a beta program to help.

I would even pay up to the same amount I bought the watch for; I really like the looks, performance, storage size and battery life.

Points to be upgraded that would make me get my wallet:

• GPS into fitness. It already exist in the latest finow. (may be coming, confirmed by pablo11)
  • Synchronize fitness into Google fit.
  • Proper call history with contact names (how hard could it be to implement this).
  • Proper localization (languages) (we’re getting there though) as some parts are still not translated (maybe we can help).
  • Orientation (and rotation) change on the go (button in the the shutdown menu) for video playback ad video recording. Some people want to wear the watch on the right hand (not me but I know of lot of people who do).

Those changes would make the Kospet Hope a very good contender in the smartwatch ‘war’ that Apple is wining right now. I would do the same for my elder son’s Lem8.

While you’re at it, why not get a real kid oriented smartwatch from Kospet.

Let’s Hope that we are getting heard…

Yeah we will still waiting
That’s why I don’t want to buy another one of those watches,thanks God that I didn’t buy this watch I was almost and I decided for the Zeblaze Thor 4 pro, because I know about Zeblaze reputation. the last watch that I did buy it was the DT28 Bluetooth Smartwatch from DT No1, the attraction was the 1.54 round full screen, cheap and features like fitness, outdoors activity, health and other. The Fundo application looks good and promising.
I just fixed one and old from 3 years ago from DT No1 the G7 Bluetooth Smartwatch with MT2502, with dual Bluetooth 3.0 and 4.0 , 3G capabilities SIM card and storage SD card, proprietary OS, fitness related and Bluetooth calling feature, the device has Mic and speaker but to low volume, no waterproof, no bad at all but still working besides charging the device every 4 hours,because of the battery capacity, but it charged in half an hours.

SIM CARD!! right here go’s, i cut my micro sim to a nano sim, i tested it in my mobile first and it worked. when i put it into the kospet …no go! i took it out and tried another nano sim and all was ok. Frustrating. The way to put the sim in is to place it in the cover first, (i saw a YT video where someone put it on the contacts first and then and tried to push the back cover on!!!), Anyway, what i did notice was the cut nano card had a ridge on one back edge where it had been guillotined , this made the card sit uneven/slanted, so

I sanded it off. and put the card in. (The card must go in like a oem nano it drops in the space provide and falls out when you tip it out). I had to press mine in before i sanded all the edges down, I put it back in the watch and Hey Presto all’s good

. Moral of the story? DONT PUT A CUT DOWN NANO IN THE DEVICE , USE AN OEM ONE .

I use my cut down nano sim in my KH. Indeed, I had to fine-tune it a bit to make it work.

I have asked enviro8 to dump his LEM8 firmware: /thread/3363/ver-1-4-software
That may help us getting the improved fitness apps on our KH

Hi jocky,

If u get the new version 1.4 on your KH can you give us an update how it runs on the KH in terms of battery life, fitness and GPS features, general improvements if there are any ?/

Thx in advance

Feb 17, 2019 11:17:21 GMT xstu25 said:
Look the screen. SHIFT is impossible to have. W is hard but after some attempt, I can have It. Q & A is ok like all other button. Round to square didnt change nothing. Is that watch screen physical problem or ... ?

I had a hard time to get the border letters and the dot to work at first (lem7, lem8 and Hope). Writing is not that much of a hassle after a few days (for me). When the watch is hot (at least on the lem7 and 8) it's harder to get the keys to register properly. Typing on a 1.4 inch screen is not that great anyway...

I have installed Hope_B_20190305 last night. No new options/menus/apps from what I could quickly see. Sadly, the newer options from the Finow X7 are not there (‘Nothfications bright screen’ and the GPS on the fitness apps).

disappointing

Mar 23, 2019 4:25:09 GMT glitterfart said:
disappointing

Yeah, kinda. Chinese gadgets are sooo tempting to get, they have amazing HW, but their SW is mosly cr*p.

Chinese developers guarding their FWs because of the built-in backdoors. Ask them to provide you the sources according to the licences, they just won’t, although they would have to.

The hardware of the Kospet Hope is top-notch, but with a bit of love from KingWear it could have been a lot better.

They had to release a quick fix because of the constantly changing MAC address issue back in January, but nothing since then.

As you wrote, it’s pretty darn disappointing.

Yeah that’s pretty sad they don’t bring nothing new, still the same firmware for all the OEM and no even to try to figure out a New OS or base on existence OS like KAI OS or Bllo OS, those OS are base on Linux and they pick up from Firefox OS a open source

I’ve given up waiting and the disillusionment is huge considering the features of the hardware.

I just use the watch for calls (with bluetooth headsets), sms and email reception.

For workout I use the Stratos Amazfit (previous watch).

1)Is there anyone who has a foot in the door with kospet or any other manufacturers, or is this just a website to share our ideas and not being heard …? Then I’ll call it a waste of time being here

on the other hand, it’s partly my bad I only looked at the specs, not the UI I wouldn’t buy the kospet anymore I’m satisfied but need a lot of apps not working together. need 3  to 4  apps  to get one thing  done  fitness need GPS app  heartrate  app and a run app to measure workout …etc 

1. It is also very difficult to get any proper information before the purchase, there are many videos from youtubers only explaining the specs and where to buy that’s it. I’m really interested in the MICROWEAR H7  it looks like a perfect sportswatch with  4g  sim card slot. But I can’t get any information about the fitness app working smoothly , GPS any good  or does it take forever to get a  lock , Distance  measured any correct ?  

Get a lot of info about  camera  which im not interested in, and  Basic UI  detailed users info none,  Same  goes  for  the  FINOW X7  looks suitable  for my daily driver   but  no detailed info ,iwownfit P1c (Dr Viva)  seems to be a prospect too except no music nor 4G LTE 

if anyone  can help  let me now