Suggestions, bugs, etc for next firmware to developers

For me, my expectations were not that high, I wanted to minimize, if not extinguish, the carrying of the physical phone. I wear a watch every day and now with technology as it is, I learned to carry a phone too. So, I was looking for a watch first, a watch that could recieve/send calls/texts second, limited but dependable internet access (LTE preferred) third and fitness pulling up the rear. To that end, I am very happy with the HOPE. The only dissatisfaction I have with the HOPE is that it does not have NFC.

I laugh when reading all the comments about the GPS not being accurate and having to use separate apps to get it to work and even then there may still be a question on its accuracy. I laugh because, I haven’t even turned on the GPS on my HOPE and I’ve had the watch for over a month! I still read the comments with appreciation because one day, I’ll be more concerned with my fitness or want to use navigation. By the time that happens, maybe the software will have improved or maybe there will be a watch that can do it all.

Mar 26, 2019 16:01:04 GMT good4life said:
For me, my expectations were not that high, I wanted to minimize, if not extinguish, the carrying of the physical phone. I wear a watch every day and now with technology as it is, I learned to carry a phone too. So, I was looking for a watch first, a watch that could recieve/send calls/texts second, limited but dependable internet access (LTE preferred) third and fitness pulling up the rear. To that end, I am very happy with the HOPE. The only dissatisfaction I have with the HOPE is that it does not have NFC.

I laugh when reading all the comments about the GPS not being accurate and having to use separate apps to get it to work and even then there may still be a question on its accuracy. I laugh because, I haven’t even turned on the GPS on my HOPE and I’ve had the watch for over a month! I still read the comments with appreciation because one day, I’ll be more concerned with my fitness or want to use navigation. By the time that happens, maybe the software will have improved or maybe there will be a watch that can do it all.

Well every person value things differently for your daily use the GPS  is  not important  for  others it is, same goes for the camera I don’t need it it’s pointless IMHO but  for others it’s important 

The point is  the HW is  top notch  with an useless UI, if the HOPE would carry  a  proper  UI  the  watch would be a real  powerhouse, as it is, for now, it isn’t 

Watch running hot battery life last only 2 hours with only bluetooth on .

Hi Guys , Yesterday i got a firmware update since the update my hope is running hot and awfull bettery life with bluetooth switched on only .
What’s wrong ?? any advice

Unistalled GPS RESET and GPS STATUS and Toolbox i got constantly message looking for GPS .Seems to be a bit better now

Look like you must do a factory reset to get rid of all these probs.

yes, I did credits to pablo11 recommended me a factory reset had to reinstall all luckily I had a backup.

these android watches aren’t what I expected its a constant headache. The popular YouTubers never talk about it, just selling affiliate links to get a share of their profit Maybe I better make an honest video about the pros and a lot of cons without any commercial intention maybe kospet company might wake up

latest firmware gives me much better battery life first step into the good direction

hope for more steps to come

Apr 4, 2019 17:01:01 GMT 2 glitterfart said:
latest firmware gives me much better battery life first step into the good direction

hope for more steps to come

can i help? i have to Kospet Hope and so far really good, what are the issues that you have? and i’ll check them. it is important that how we notify the firmware team and they do their best to improve it.

Apr 4, 2019 17:34:55 GMT 2 soniasophie9697 said:

Apr 4, 2019 17:01:01 GMT 2 glitterfart said:
latest firmware gives me much better battery life first step into the good direction hope for more steps to come

can i help? i have to Kospet Hope and so far really good, what are the issues that you have? and i’ll check them. it is important that how we notify the firmware team and they do their best to improve it.

Well, Sophie, first of all, I like your videos on youtube.  The issues are as follows and already mentioned on this board.

1)loudspeaker issues.  sound completely  distorted and unuseable  luckily BT headset  works  great (normally I should have asked a partial refund )

2)  accurate and fast  GPS lock and fitness app with a  bit more workout details hence Finow X7  or Microwear H7 with spoken announcements. ( GPS as it now takes forever to get a lock and I’m using Gps status and or reset to solve this problem to no avail. Is it due to my location I don’t know   in May I’m going to be in Europe  can tell more after 

1. native  sleep monitor  haven’t found any that works properly without draining the battery  for  80-90% overnight  (any suggestion is welcome)

2. Feedback from KOSPET they never reply to any mail. 

5)  easier access to the microphone input on the keyboard for speech to text feature. I need to tap the screen numerous times to hit that micro that is made so small for ants, in order  to activate  this  feature (big fingers lol ) 

1. 24/7 HR monitor 

2. voice translate 

I assume that all these apps I’m asking for are already available they are just not implemented by Kospet .Obviously, they  aren’t free  but  I’m  prepared to pay a reasonable price for working apps  but there is no communication with the manufacturer, I’m pretty sure we are all wasting our time  here 

The sad thing is I’m working for a sports university where there are about  8- 10 teachers want to buy the Kospet but I told them not to do. Just  to the lack of communication, and need a  tangle of apps to get the fitness working properly 

as I said before a  nice and well-balanced UI would propably make this watch second to none.  Kospet  made a great watch  but  forgot  to work on the software 

glitterfart

Can you wait and I’ll address each question on a video?

Apr 5, 2019 12:35:09 GMT 2 soniasophie9697 said:glitterfart

ofc that would be great. 

I would like to see other members come up with suggestions toooooooooo

Apr 5, 2019 13:27:46 GMT 2 glitterfart said:

Apr 5, 2019 12:35:09 GMT 2 soniasophie9697 said:glitterfart

ofc that would be great.

How about using the hope as a bluetooth headset… So we can talk through the watch without pulling the phone out of our pocket

Apr 7, 2019 18:55:13 GMT 2 helfouli said:
Apr 5, 2019 13:27:46 GMT 2 glitterfart said:
ofc that would be great. 

How about using the hope as a bluetooth headset.. So we can talk through the watch without pulling the phone out of our pocket

the loudspeaker isnt good enough and i remain polite not to say its rubbish  lol   
Apr 16, 2019 10:34:36 GMT glitterfart said:
Apr 7, 2019 16:55:13 GMT helfouli said:
How about using the hope as a bluetooth headset.. So we can talk through the watch without pulling the phone out of our pocket

the loudspeaker isnt good enough and i remain polite not to say its rubbish lol

Hmm… What on earth did I buy?
Lol

well, the watch excels as a standalone device. It’s my daily driver with a sim card inserted (2 sim cards one number for both phone and watch ). I never have my big chunky tel on me anymore . and I can say the watch is excellent. I am an expat working and living abroad. I have received messenger skype WhatsApp calls from everywhere while I was shopping on the beach wherever I have mobile connectivity.

I receive calls and ok google with my headset and all works flawlessly. in a few words the ios, Tizen and wear os watches aren’t capable of doing that for a 3rd of the price its not all that bad.

But still the poor UI sucks give it time and learn how to setup the watch for your needs and you’ll like it

och forgot to mention carrying about 2000 songs wirelessly transferred from my pc to my watch without any hickup is an extra plus for the watch

last but not least   i never  connect it to my  phone via the wiiwatch app coz  that is utterly useless  too , when running it on a simcard dont need to connect anyway 

Something I desperately want from the next Kospet Hope firmware, An option to disable Swipe-right to go back. So either in the Hold-Power menu option, next to the Round/Square app mode. Or have it so you hold the back button for x number of seconds to toggle this on or off.
We’d need to be able to toggle it on an off easily, so don’t bury it deep in the settings menu.

There are some apps where i want to swipe around the screen, and i’ll accidentally swipe right and close it. A perfect example is MAPS.ME.
We have a dedicated back button, so when i’m running these apps, i’d like to disable the swipe-> Back.

This is also great for anyone who likes to throw a quick emulator on their Hope, for a little 5 minute GB/GBA session. Not the easiest to play, but totally doable for games like Pokemon Fire Red etc. And accidentally swiping it closed every time you want to move to the right, can be a bit of a pain.

Apr 21, 2019 18:14:45 GMT lazybunnykiera said:
Something I desperately want from the next Kospet Hope firmware, An option to disable Swipe-right to go back. So either in the Hold-Power menu option, next to the Round/Square app mode. Or have it so you hold the back button for x number of seconds to toggle this on or off. We'd need to be able to toggle it on an off easily, so don't bury it deep in the settings menu.

There are some apps where i want to swipe around the screen, and i’ll accidentally swipe right and close it. A perfect example is MAPS.ME.
We have a dedicated back button, so when i’m running these apps, i’d like to disable the swipe-> Back.

This is also great for anyone who likes to throw a quick emulator on their Hope, for a little 5 minute GB/GBA session. Not the easiest to play, but totally doable for games like Pokemon Fire Red etc. And accidentally swiping it closed every time you want to move to the right, can be a bit of a pain.

maybe u can try button mapper  you can remap   hw buttons and gestures . IDK just saying  

Apr 22, 2019 5:04:16 GMT -5 glitterfart said:

maybe u can try button mapper you can remap

hw buttons and gestures . IDK just saying

Yeah maybe, i’ll look into it, but the key detail, the most important detail… is being able to enable and disable this option on the fly. So much like going from Round to Square mode with that little “button” at the top of the Hold-Power menu.

I like the swipe back, i don’t want to get rid of it. I just want to disable it in certain apps, and asking every app developer to disable swipe-back in their app for a specific device is a bit ridiculous.

So i’d like to be able to open Maps.me Hold-Power, go to square-mode so i can see all the buttons, disable swipe back, put in my destination, then go back to round mode and go on my merry way.

The fitness apps in hours to do the settings so that you can choose at will and be sure the ability to disable the disable - enable “heart rhythm” BPM

Join us! Eschy need to edit wiiwatch 2 and make more functionality.