Suggestions, bugs, etc for next firmware to developers

1. call history list - why there are not names from address book but only numbers ?
        the typical user don’t remember numbers but names in missed calls 
  2. accept the call - why the physical button TOP is not green button (accept the call) and button LOWER is not red button (cancel the call)
        if you hear or feel the call event and display is in low brightness …

the button LOWER could finish the call too …

I hope you understand …

bye

1. Automatic heart rate readings every X minutes… I can’t find an app on play store that will activate the heart rate sensor on the watch.

2. Sleep monitor that doesn’t kill the battery or require you to login to some server that isn’t yours.

3. Oh and maybe even roll back to android 6 so that bt calling and texts can be implemented

Jan 31, 2019 18:51:14 GMT helfouli said:
1. Automatic heart rate readings every X minutes.. I can't find an app on play store that will activate the heart rate sensor on the watch.    

That would be a great idea and not that hard to implement (as a programmer I think so, but could be wrong). As I have suggested on another thread this and the GPS tracking for fitness, could implemented as an optionnal feature in the fitness menu on the watch.

I may add that I would gladly pay a few dollars for a complementary app/option that plugs the fitness apps of the watch into Google Fit.

Those watches are VERY good for the money and could easilly take over part (a large part) of the market with a few options added… A lot of people are very impressed with the Kospet Hope 3/32 I wear everyday since I got it.

• Get internet from phone with wiiwatch 2 (not only with watch sim card).

• Reply WhatsApp and other apps from watch.

I think this is critical.

For internet I use bluetooth tethering manager from google play store…

Tried to decompile the wiiwatch app… But it’s giving me files with “.so” extensions.

Anyone have the source code? I can’t work with .so, and this seems like the easiest path to communicate with the watch.

Anyone with coding experience?

Jan 29, 2019 13:16:31 GMT Zorino2 said:
1) call history list - why there are not names from address book but only numbers ?     the typical user don't remember numbers but names in missed calls  2) accept the call - why the physical button TOP is not green button (accept the call) and button LOWER is not red button (cancel the call)     if you hear or feel the call event and display is in low brightness ...         the button LOWER could finish the call too ...

I second these requests.  It is pretty strange that address book entries are not showing up in the call history list.  Never had any android device do this before.I know for sure everyone in China isn’t a walking, talking “rolodex” with all the phone numbers memorized!

Editable always on clock - critical

Editable launcher; fonts, icons etc - critical

Bluetooth calling - critical

Complications on watchclocks

How can I search the contact list?

Feb 1, 2019 17:47:28 GMT maro33 said:
Editable always on clock - critical

Editable launcher; fonts, icons etc - critical

Bluetooth calling - critical

Complications on watchclocks

1)From my understanding, the always on watchface is baked into the operating system files.

2)There are many different launchers available, including the one that I recommend, Universal Launcher.

3)I can make bluetooth calls with my headset and a SIM card in the watch.  Are you talking about linking watch to a phone for calling?  Only Android 5.1 and below operating systems support this.

4)You need to check out some .watch files, as there are complications as well as touch areas to access them.

1 Like

Translate completely into Russian, a lot of English

1 Like
Feb 3, 2019 13:34:36 GMT abdelmoneim7 said:
How can I search the contact list?

I use Google Contacts-App.

Thanks Robert

Hi all,

Ive just got the Kospet Hope 4G smartwatch and first impressions are great.

I mainly bought it for fitness purposes and I am trying to migrate my fitness stats to better health apps like strava or wear OS etc but nothing seems to work.

I have a Huawei phone and can’t migrate it to their app too. Does anyone know of any fitness apps where it works?

The wii watch 2 app is rubbish for fitness data as it refers to check the watch which is useless as I want a history backlog and visualised.

Also do you know if this watch has offline (none 4G) GPS tracking and can monitor all fitness stuff if I don’t want to put my SIM in it?

Thanks

1 Like

I think that a native sleep monitoring function is a must have on a smartwatch like this.

Feb 4, 2019 16:29:55 GMT Hellooooo said:

Hi all,

Ive just got the Kospet Hope 4G smartwatch and first impressions are great.

I mainly bought it for fitness purposes and I am trying to migrate my fitness stats to better health apps like strava or wear OS etc but nothing seems to work.

I have a Huawei phone and can’t migrate it to their app too. Does anyone know of any fitness apps where it works?

The wii watch 2 app is rubbish for fitness data as it refers to check the watch which is useless as I want a history backlog and visualised.

Also do you know if this watch has offline (none 4G) GPS tracking and can monitor all fitness stuff if I don’t want to put my SIM in it?

Thanks

Let’s hope Kospet will give the “Fitness” app some love, because it’s only there to show the Hope is also a fitness watch.

(That’s why I have my Amazfit Stratos on my left wrist, while the Kospet Hope is on my right.

)

You can install GPS Status & Toolbox from Google Play to keep the A-GPS data up-to-date (otherwise you won’t get GPS lock for minutes; with this - or any similar - app you’ll get a lock in like 10 seconds or less): play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

Then you can use an app like GPS Logger with which you can track your walks / runs / cycling trips: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mendhak.gpslogger

(This is not a fitness app, so it won’t record your heartrate, cadence, only your track.)

You can try to use Strava - as I said I have a dedicated fitness watch, so I don’t need two tracks for the same walk, that’s why GPS Logger is just enough for me.

Feb 4, 2019 16:29:55 GMT Hellooooo said:

The watch has a GPS / GLONASS radio built in, so it would not be required to have cell phone service if you wanted your location through the GPS / GLONASS radio.
Feb 14, 2019 15:49:12 GMT StormChild said:

(…)

You can install GPS Status & Toolbox from Google Play to keep the A-GPS data up-to-date (otherwise you won’t get GPS lock for minutes; with this - or any similar - app you’ll get a lock in like 10 seconds or less): play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

(…)

I have already tried that and my GPS can’t lock.
I only have GPS with celular data.

Feb 14, 2019 16:44:08 GMT hjor said:
Feb 14, 2019 15:49:12 GMT StormChild said:

(…)

(…)

I have already tried that and my GPS can’t lock.
I only have GPS with celular data.

Try to change the following:

Settings → Connect → GPS → Mode to Device only, or if it still doesn’t work, try to switch to the other two settings.

I have written a calibration procedure in this forum. You’ll find it if you search for it.