Optimus Pro A Day of Use - Battery Results

Hey, just checked mine and they were both enabled… I just disabled them.

Yea I’m getting pretty damn good battery life.

1 Like

I’ve bought Fossil gen 5 to see what is going on on wear os after a year of dumping this platform and I left my Optimus Pro on a table disconnected after a full charge. I had noticed that it drains the battery almost the same as when it was on my wrist. Do you know if there is any effective app or setting to optimize battery during sleep or simply when the watch is off the wrist?

Definitely depends.
You running 2.5 or 2.7?
Sync on?
I use background cleaner and disable certain apps.
When screen off it hardly drains at all.

No battery drain when screen off? Are you using it connected to WiFi or mobile data? Bluetooth?

When on airplane mode… Basically no drain for hours. On wifi, screen off, maybe 1% an hour.
3g prob around 2% screen off.
That’s if I’m not using it. No sync.
If using, it’ll be faster.

Can we now safely say " you love your battery " now :grin:

1 Like

I definitely need to know your item per item settings… It seems I cannot go under 5% per hour with sim 2g for phone calls and WiFi connected. It seems that there’s something that keeps my CPU awake even when screen off.
P.s: sync off.

2.5 bt all connections off. Sync off and after 12 hours it showing around 25%. Wear os drops 3% through all night.

No connections. How does it looks on yours one?

Try disabling location permissions to stock browser and stock assistant app. In general disable location permission to any unnecessary app. I’m looking for references in disabling location permissions to play services, but I haven’t found yet.
Then disable background data to as many apps you can. (you can do this in the uninstall apps menu) .
Activate intelligent battery saving option (power management menu).
Then reboot the watch.
This should work. You should have from 4 to 6 % battery loss per hour with connection (WiFi or 4g) activated. @Brandonoouah is consuming significantly less, maybe he know some other trick.
I hope this could help you

2 Likes

Have not tried with connection off. When I will test I will let you know

Thanks! It sound good. I’ll try it tomorrow:D

the issue with my watch is that it sometimes acts just as mr. Brandonoouah says his does, while other times the battery just drains fast with apparently no reason in a pretty much same scenario.

so there is no consistency at all. I sometimes think it’s a bad batterys fault, while other times it seems to me that the crappy software is the cause of this highly inconsistent behaviour.
the result : I can’t trust my watch. it just keeps draining even if I switch everything off, while other times it performs pretty well. so I need to keep guessing if the watch is having a good or a bad day, which is not very much to my liking to say it the least.

I think I’m pretty much done with full android watches as they seem to be going nowhere.
I just hope ticwatch pro is going make their LTE work in europe sometimes soon.
Fossil gen 5 would look pretty good too if he had LTE connectivity. I very much like the 8GB storage on it.

2 Likes

First off, there is no way I could switch back to wear os. Not a chance.
Second, I’ve been turning the watch off while I charge at night, so each day starts off a fresh boot.
I do use background cleaner enabled, minus, messenger, antennapod, a few others.
I am always on either fully low bright or 25%.
No syncing of Google services.
It’s being pretty consistent once I started turning off once a day.

2 Likes

My battery live with the optimus Pro is amazing. Turning off WiFi when screen is off makes a huge difference in my case. I can use the watch 2 full days easely. Bluetooth is on and Bluetooth tether as well. Screen is off by default so I have to press the button to wake it. I’m not using a sim card and have a shit load off apps installed.

In companion mode (connected via Bluetooth to the smartphone) with watchdroid I can get easily 2 days of battery life as well ( all connection off but Bluetooth and Bluetooth tethered Internet, Google sync off).
Using Optimus Pro as a standalone watch-phone (with SIM, mobile data or WiFi) seems to change way the firmware handles battery and CPU. I think that’s the point people is focussing.

yeah, I’ve tried all of that + flashing this and that, resetting to factory settings, turning stuff of and on, even trying out different chargers, installing my apps one by one just to see what impact a particular app may have on the battery etc
the result was always the same : there was no way to tell.
today the battery is great. yesterday I went to work, most of the stuff was off all day (even 4G was switched off) , the watch hardly used, and it was at 35 % when I got home. the stats showed only bullcrap as usual.
judging from how it behaves today, it’ll be at 65-75% after just the same time period being used in an almost same way. we’ll see

all in all after using a few of them, the idea of full android watch is great, the tech is there, but the implementation sucks A!"#.

charge multiple times. first turn off watch, then charge to 100% then disconnect cable and replug it. maybe it’s the android battery software thinking you have a smaller battery

2 Likes

I will not come back for good as well but anyway wear os have still some advantages over full android like; customizable always on display, more round display apps, more and better watch faces, etc. And I wanted to try the rotating crown which came out to be very useful. So I wish in the future full android watches will have the upper button functioning as a crown as well. That would be so easy to navigate and off corse a camera stay in the middle.

1 Like

Just got back from my first long run while wearing the ol Optimus Pro.
89% start.
Bluetooth headphones connected.
Music playing
2G (I am way out in the country and just had it on in case I needed to be messaged or called) very poor reception. 1 bar mostly and going in and out.
2 text received, 2 sent.
GPS half the time.
5 photos and 1 - 20 second video.

The sun is insanely intense and I left at 1215,so I wore the watch on the underside of the wrist. It never seemed to get heated. Only by the ambient temp.

2 hours… 29% battery loss.

Not too bad I guess. No doubt could be worse.

1 Like