Custom rom for Hexxa Atenea and clones.

Yep, I couldn’t find root option in the normal CM place so attempted flashing SuperSu. No luck.
I did have success in flashing open gapps though.

Wow, thanks for all this feedback. I will try to answer all your questions and make some comments.

Loki comments:
CM13 is not adapted in any way to a round display and will never be. It could be because it’s open source, but the difficulty of doing it it’s not for a 2 people team with work and live outside of this .
Anyway, there is many ways of make this rom working. Play with settings, you can change dpi, by example and letters will be bigger. You can do a back with the power button.

Screen flicker and keyboard:
I don’t get any flicker outside of jbak keyboard. Anyone more is having this problem?. About the default keyboard, I added the jbak for this. Search this forum about how to configure jback with a custom keyboard for round display and you will get a working keyboard.

Sdcard in recovery:
This recovery is done for default roms, and this rom has the data and sdcard partitions modified, so ignore all the failures about the internal_sd error. When you copy any file into internal storage, to reach it in recovery you should search for the mount button and select data partition, then to install any zip, go to /data/media/0 and you will find any zip you copy into the internal storage.

Root:
It’s my fault … I forgot to do this image userdebug (so you can select root option in development) and do a user image . Sorry.

Will do a new image with userdebug, so root will be available.

And now a question for you… How about battery?
I have a Hexxa Atenea and a D5 and with the same configuration I get 2 days in the D5 and 4 days in the atenea. I don’t undestand anything

Nov 2, 2016 10:04:09 GMT 1 corvus said:
Screen flicker and keyboard: I don't get any flicker outside of jbak keyboard. Anyone more is having this problem?

I've had this problem only at jbak so far. But as I could not install anything else besides the apps that came with the ROM, we would still need to do more tests here, later.
Sdcard in recovery: This recovery is done for default roms, and this rom has the data and sdcard partitions modified, so ignore all the failures about the internal_sd error. When you copy any file into internal storage, to reach it in recovery you should search for the mount button and select data partition, then to install any zip, go to /data/media/0 and you will find any zip you copy into the internal storage.

Yes, we had figured this out before. But the problem is that even following this procedure I got an error preventing me to install gapps (see the video I’ve posted on my previous post).
pablo11 had been able to install it, though. So it may be related to something I’m doing wrong (that I could not figure out so far).

corvus, is there a reason for you not to include Google apps at this ROM, like you have done at the CM12 one?

If there is not, it would be really great if you could include it to the image you are working on!

I mean, I’m not an advanced user, but if I’m having trouble installing it, probably many other users may have it to. So having Google Play already in the ROM would make it so much easier.

Root: It's my fault ... I forgot to do this image userdebug (so you can select root option in development) and do a user image . Sorry.

Will do a new image with userdebug, so root will be available

That’s great. Maybe that error I get when trying to install gapps could be because I have installed SuperSU first. So I’ll wait for this new image to try that again.

Thanks!

Oh, I know what is your problem installing gapps

“This rom doesn’t have Google Apps. If you want to add them, search for Open Gapps and install pico version.”

And you are trying to install nano version… and there is not enough space in system partition for nano version . Only pico fits.

About adding the Gapps to the image. My first priority with this image is to get as much battery as I can from the device, and once gapps is installed it launch several services that is trying to get connection and this drains the battery a lot. So for keep the battery in good shape I think that only people that wants to use gapps should install them.

A side note… if you want to keep your battery, don’t use skins with pedometer, weather or heartrate. With plane mode and all disabled, a skin without these features will last 4 days or more, a skin with these features will last 2 days. I just tested it.

New version uploaded.
Added easy touch
It’s a userdebug version, so root is there.

Nov 3, 2016 10:44:20 GMT 1 corvus said:
Oh, I know what is your problem installing gapps

“This rom doesn’t have Google Apps. If you want to add them, search for Open Gapps and install pico version.”

And you are trying to install nano version… and there is not enough space in system partition for nano version . Only pico fits.

Hi corvus, just flashed the new image. The first thing I tried, was to install Open GApps pico version. Unfortunately I got exactly the same error :"Insufficient storage space available in System Partition..."
Nov 3, 2016 10:44:20 GMT 1 corvus said:
About adding the Gapps to the image. My first priority with this image is to get as much battery as I can from the device, and once gapps is installed it launch several services that is trying to get connection and this drains the battery a lot. So for keep the battery in good shape I think that only people that wants to use gapps should install them.

I totally agree with you that Google Services may drain the battery if not properly tweaked. But for me it's much more important to have the possibility to install other apps from Play Store than a battery that lasts more than a day, as I 'm used to charge it every night just like my smartphone. So I thank you again for your hard work, but I'm going back to CM12.1 for now.

Thanks!

I didn’t tested the gapps package in this new version. Will take a look. I will fix it for sure because I undestand that some people will need gapps, only need to work with apps size .

Will come back with more news soon.

hi, i installed the CM13 Atenea ROM on D5 but I had problems installing gapp have failed to get gapp and root. I went back to the original firmware with root and TWRP .Now I decided to try the rom cm12.1 Atenea but I would like to install TWRP can anyone tell me if there is a rom … 12.1 cm zipped from TWRP to flash? thanks in advance.

Hi,

Wow! I have just installed the latest version cm13 on my D5, very impressed so far!

I will try LMT launcher as a soft key test for the back button.

First time I have ever flashed a ROM on any device so I am doubly pleased.

I have put the Gapps zip on the D5, but cannot find it when I go to install in TWRP recovery, minor problem as I have transfered most apk files I need by Bluetooth. I am using windows 10 so had fun and games discovering the device.

First impressions extremely responsive, and battery life seems to have doubled! would that be because I have no Google services on it? If yes the I won’t even bother to install them.

Fantastic work, let me know where I can donate.

Seems I have the identical issue as Alexd. Like I said in my last post the battery is fantastic without Gapps. Stupid question time, is it the ARM 6.0 pico that is compatible with this ROM?

News:

I’m redoing the work in CM13 because the base that I’m using has a bunch of strange glitches and I don’t have time to search for them, so I started again with another base. This means that I will need more time for a new version, but this new version will not have this strange problems (dpi, etc.) that this image has.
About gapps, sorry, but it’s just a size matter and I need to redo the image and change some configurations, so I will do it in this new version.

Donation:
I really don’t like very much the donation way. This should work… you like my work, then donate… but at the end this seems to mean… I paid you with my donation and you should do what I want (I don’t say this to stevea76 personaly… I spend much time with roms and it’s my experience). If you still think that you want to donate something to me, in the xda thread (first post) there is a button to donate, but like I said, this is not a contract for me to do anything. Althoug probably I will spend it in a mt6580 device

So, it will last some time but with a little luck you will have a new cm13 image without issues.

stevea76 if you launch easy touch app you will be able to configure a soft back button (and several other shortcuts)

stevea76 I received ad-free gift in xda. Thanks. But I don’t know if you use this or wants to press the donate button under my user in xda

Corvus, apologies, will do

Interesting topic and good work.
Is my conclussion right that this will work on a regular Finow X5?
I’m tempted to try this firmware.

stevea76, thanks for your donation

rene, if Finow X5 can use images from no1 D5 then it should work.

I will try this weekend and let you know. Exciting.

Update

tried it but watch will unfortunatly not boot up, so back to old firmware. What a pity

Hi,
is there a wake up function in your rom when i raise up my wrist???
thank you

Quick report: Using on No.1 D5, 2 days usage switching on around 8am to 11pm, (turning off at night), battery still at 13% on day 3 at 8 am.

Only light usage, checking time, emails, social media.

No Google services installed.

Great so far!

Update:Removed a couple of apps, still using same set up as above.I am now on Day 3 with 50% battery left! Have on airplane mode at work, check emails, social media in work breaks, fantastic battery life, will update when eventually runs out!

stevea76 Are you using a skin with podometer, weather or something? With the default skin (black one) I get 4 days.

corvus I am using Nova Launcher with Chronus Clock/Weather widget, LMT for soft key, and Circle Battery Widget.
I know I will get more battery life using stock launcher & easy touch but I like the set up with Nova/LMT as I find it easy to use.
I am really pleased with the nearly 3 days of battery life this is giving me set up this way. With the original D5 ROM I was lucky to get to the end of the day without needing to charge.

goo.gl/photos/JbCBYvi9KuphqKLYA