Custom rom for Hexxa Atenea and clones.

NEW VERSION CM13… First android 6.0 in a smartwatch.

More info here: forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-cm-12-1-hexxa-atenea-clones-t3488590

New version 1.1!!
Added Easy touch for people with power button problems. Launch the app and follow the steps
Now it’s a userdebug version, so root menu is in developer options.

Download link:https://mega.nz/#!RMwHXQxS!_y1qeen1aEb8lCT5CdBgEI_93qSPb_vzXDrst2VkoNI

I’m the creator of this rom. Any tester and feedback is welcome.

My main support will be in this forum, XDA is only for release info.

I want to thank ricktop

(http:///thread/188/standalone-clockskin-engine-apk) because he share with me his ClockSkin app so I can modify it as a launcher.

Some images of the watch: photos.google.com/share/AF1Q…FybjE4YTRrOWdB

And test the new clockskin launcher with gestures:
Swipe right = Weather app
Swipe left = Health app
Swipe up = Control Bar

Oct 14, 2016 20:18:28 GMT 1 corvus said:
More info here: forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-cm-12-1-hexxa-atenea-clones-t3480511

I want to thank ricktop (http:///thread/188/standalone-clockskin-engine-apk) because he share with me his ClockSkin app so I can modify it as a launcher.

Cool! Could you please send us some videos of the rom. You did a great job!!

Sure:

goo.gl/photos/ykK8SVLxcRPWwFQr9

Oct 17, 2016 9:03:49 GMT 1 corvus said:
Sure:

goo.gl/photos/ykK8SVLxcRPWwFQr9

Could you port the blitz watch interface to this rom?

The interface was exported from the D5 rom by ricktop. I only modified it to get a launcher. I really don’t know if this can be done, but we are working in more features for the launcher (swipe, weather, etc.) More info soon.

Oct 14, 2016 20:18:28 GMT 1 corvus said:
More info here: forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/rom-cm-12-1-hexxa-atenea-clones-t3480511

I want to thank ricktop

(http:///thread/188/standalone-clockskin-engine-apk) because he share with me his ClockSkin app so I can modify it as a launcher.

Hi corvus, thanks again for this amazing ROM!

Flashed it a couple of days ago on my D5, and I’m messing around a little. I’ll be sending you my feedback as I’m discovering how things work (or not) on our watch with your ROM.

I’ve already asked you some questions on the G+ community, but as it’s going to be focusing only on faces releases, let me move the communication to here.

1-

Regarding the launcher, I've done what you've suggested and installed a third party launcher (Nova Launcher, which I use on my smartphone and was already using for a long time on the watch with stock ROM as well).

I've also installed GMD Gesture Control which is a mandatory app, for me =)

So I was able to set a pretty nice UI, that fulfils what I always expected from my watch.

Only thing that is not working as I wanted, is that it seems to have some conflict for taps/swipes over the ClockSkin.

Let me explain. I have set GMD with some gestures when ClockSkin is active. Swipe down goes to Nova Launcher. Swipe up opens Runtastic. And swipe to the right opens a weather app.

It works OK most of the time. But sometimes, it opens the ClockSkin's app drawer, instead of opening the app it should.

I've done a vídeo to better picture this behavior:

As you can see, at the first two attempts (0:41 and 0:46) it opens the app drawer. And finally, at 0:45, it opens the Weather app.

At 1:17 attempt you can see it starts opening the weather app for some miliseconds, and then the app drawer opens on top of it.

I've kept the toasts at GMD profiles, so it's easier to see what it should open with my gestures.

Do you think it would be possible to release a version of the ROM without the app drawer (only with the clock skin engine)?

I'd prefer to use the Nova Launcher app drawer, which is fully configurable (from changing colors and transition animation, to hiding apps and creating tabs and folders).

2-

You have informed that the heart rate sensor is not working on your ROM. You meant the stock heart rate app?

Because I tested an app from a thread that soniasophie9697 has started (developer is fisch92), and it works. It was able to turn on the HR sensor with no problems.

/thread/197/monitor-which-builtin-sensor-watch

Not sure if it helps anyway, but this is the link for the libraries fisch92 has made available: github.com/fisch92/SensorLib

3-

Regarding "raise to wake" functionality, I have tested Gravity Screen. It works perfectly (even more than the stock one), but unfortunately it drains the battery in a few hours. I still have to do some more tests. Maybe messing up with the settings it's possible to solve that. Other problem with Gravity Screen is that using it is like killing an ant with a bazooka, as it has so many controls and we use only the g-sensor option.

There are also other apps at the play store that I'll give a shot later.

I really wonder how they made the stock feature. I never turned it off and battery would last a couple of days with it running on the background all the time!

4-

I have no clue how chinese manufacturers managed to have that functionality that reduces the screen to a square (the one you can find on some of the new 5.1 watches).

I've searched around and found an app called Screen Shift (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sagar.screenshift2) that has an option called "Overscan" that do exactly that. It worked on my stock ROM, but on your ROM it crashes.

Maybe someone else knows another app that can do this and works on your ROM.

Well, that's what I figured out so far.

Your ROM with these features working would be perfect for my needs =)

I'll keep trying other solutions and keep you posted.

Thanks again for making Android 5.1 possible for us!

Hi Alexd, not sure to have fully understood, but if you use nova launcher, are you still using the clockskin part of the original launcher or the clockskin app that i’ve released ?
If you use my standalone app, it should be ok.

alexd

First, thanks for your tests. This help us a lot to fix or change the rom.

1. I undestand perfectly your problem. The touch is very sensitive and detects a swipe as a touch. This is fixed in next version, but I must say that we will add swipe movements to this new version that probably will conflict with your GMD configuration. We will add swipe up to connection menu, swipe down to skin select, swipe right to notifications and swipe left to app drawer (this may change). And swipe movements will not be configurable .

We can’t release a rom without the app drawer, because this will be a nightmare to maintain, sorry.

Your best bet is to use ricktop’s clockskin app alone, but when you press the power button will go to nova launcher (the default launcher) and not show you the time.

1. Yes, I mean the stock one… but now this is fixed too and thanks to ricktop the pedometer app also works. In next version we will add this two apps to the watch, both official.
    I tested the app in the forum and gives me strange values (like 35… I should go to the hospital), so I don’t test it more.

2. Yes, as I said, this is a problem. An app accessing to the accelerometer will not allow to go to sleep the device and the battery will drain faster. If you find an app that works correctly, I will add it, but probably this will not happen (work correctly, I mean). I will take a look if I can change something to do it work, but there are low possibilities.

3. I will test this app and take some logs to see why it’s not working. If I can make it work will add it to the image (if the developer allows it).

Again, thanks for your review.

Oct 20, 2016 10:22:25 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Hi Alexd, not sure to have fully understood, but if you use nova launcher, are you still using the clockskin part of the original launcher or the clockskin app that i've released ? If you use my standalone app, it should be ok.

Hi ricktop. I've read you were working on the clocskin app, but didn't know you had a standalone app already. Thought it was only available in this ROM =)

I'll try this setup.

Although I'm very excited with the changes that are coming up at the next release of the launcher/ROM, so I may stick with the original launcher.

Thanks for your work on this one!! It's great to know that at the end all that hard work people have done to create those amazing clockskins for the D5 and clones will not be wasted.

Oct 20, 2016 10:53:29 GMT 1 corvus said:alexd

First, thanks for your tests. This help us a lot to fix or change the rom.

1. I undestand perfectly your problem. The touch is very sensitive and detects a swipe as a touch. This is fixed in next version, but I must say that we will add swipe movements to this new version that probably will conflict with your GMD configuration. We will add swipe up to connection menu, swipe down to skin select, swipe right to notifications and swipe left to app drawer (this may change). And swipe movements will not be configurable .

We can’t release a rom without the app drawer, because this will be a nightmare to maintain, sorry.

Your best bet is to use ricktop’s clockskin app alone, but when you press the power button will go to nova launcher (the default launcher) and not show you the time.

1. Yes, I mean the stock one… but now this is fixed too and thanks to ricktop the pedometer app also works. In next version we will add this two apps to the watch, both official.
    I tested the app in the forum and gives me strange values (like 35… I should go to the hospital), so I don’t test it more.

2. Yes, as I said, this is a problem. An app accessing to the accelerometer will not allow to go to sleep the device and the battery will drain faster. If you find an app that works correctly, I will add it, but probably this will not happen (work correctly, I mean). I will take a look if I can change something to do it work, but there are low possibilities.

3. I will test this app and take some logs to see why it’s not working. If I can make it work will add it to the image (if the developer allows it).

Again, thanks for your review.

Thanks for your reply corvus.

1) Looking forward to see how it will look like. I'm not sure if you decided that because of the touch sensitivity problem, but I would suggest you keep the "press and hold" for skin select, so you would have the swipe down to use for other function, let's say for showing widgets for example. As you are implementing the launcher, maybe you will be able to do something like this: at clocSkin, if we swipe down it shows the music player widget. Then swiping right would show the Health widget. Swiping again would show the Weather widget, and so on.

1. That’s great! Both the HR and the Pedometer apps are not too powerfull (do not sync with other apps like G Fit, for an instance) but they were designed for round watches, so it’s a good addition to the ROM.

2. I’m not a developer, so I may be saying nonsense, but isn’t it possible to get the part that manages this feature from the original ROM, and integrate it to your ROM? =)
    It’s really impressive that it works perfectly on the stock ROM, without any major drain to the battery.

3. Great. That feature would be a great addition to the ROM, as we will always have problems to access hidden buttons and menus at apps designed for squared screens devices.

Also, you guys probably already know about all this, but continuing with my feedbacks

1. The calculator apps does not work. It shows a huge text area on the top, and the buttons are squeezed down on the bottom, making it impossible to use it. However, the widget is perfect! I’ve included it to a Nova Launcher page. Not sure if it’s possible, but removing the app itself and keeping the widget would be great.

2. I think the music app is not the best for our devices as well. Although it works and seems to be pretty complete, I find it very complicated to access things and start playing a music. I’ve been searching for a simple player that fits well the round screen but could not find any yet.
    So much that I decided to implement one using Tasker scenes and Media Utilities Plugin. It came up to be very nice and clean, as it has only the play icon in the middle and the album art in the background. Next and previous music as well as volume up and down are done by swiping. But the problem is that as it uses a plugin, there is that anoying delay to change the background image and music texts (album, song and singer names).
    I’ll keep searching and let you know if I find some.

3. And finally, I did not like the File Manager. Call me dumb but I was not able to do a task as basic as moving a file from a folder to another =(
    Installed ES Explorer. Which, by the way, has a very nice music player that even looks like it was designed with round screens in mind =)

Thanks.

Hi alexd.

1. The UI is in development now and changes day to day, so the swipe moves are not defined yet. I will come back with more info when the release date is near.
  2. The problem is that we don’t know where this code is, and if we discover it, we could be able to get it or not. So it’s problably a no.
  3. The new version will have a calculator adapted done by ricktop (it’s in the forum already)
  4. Yes, please, if you find one that works ok with a rounded screen, share it with us.
  5. I will take a look to ES Explorer, but some time ago they have problems sending info to China. I don’t know if this is already true or not.

BTW, There is no more news, because I have been working on this:

goo.gl/photos/NFK4iaaB25dufHG79

Regarding the file explorer, I said I am using ES, but I actually do not recomend it to be on the ROM, as there are other apps that do not have that much features and would fit the majority of the users that need a simple file manager

I suggest this one: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.clean

It’s pretty simple in terms of UI, but still complete. It has even the ability to connect to your Dropbox and Google Drive accounts.

I’ve acctually done a vídeo showing it a while ago:

WOW! I'm still getting used to Android 5.1 and you are already coming up with 6.0!!!!

=D

Hi Alexd, not sure to have fully understood, but if you use nova launcher, are you still using the clockskin part of the original launcher or the clockskin app that i've released ? If you use my standalone app, it should be ok.

Hi ricktop, I was trying to install your standalone app, but unfortunately I was not able.

I've tried with this one: drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71VDZlOS1ZR0NIdmc

It gives me an error and do not install:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0AV_OADvJWgQUwzTkNBVk5MZHc/view?usp=sharing

I was thinking that maybe it's because there is already a MyClockSkin app installed (the one that comes with the ROM).

So I don't think I'll be able to install it =(

It would be too much trouble for you to share your app with a diferente name maybe?

Thanks.

Oct 20, 2016 18:25:55 GMT 1 alexd said:
Oct 20, 2016 10:53:29 GMT 1 corvus said:

Oct 20, 2016 10:53:29 GMT 1 corvus said:

1) Looking forward to see how it will look like. I'm not sure if you decided that because of the touch sensitivity problem, but I would suggest you keep the "press and hold" for skin select, so you would have the swipe down to use for other function, let's say for showing widgets for example. As you are implementing the launcher, maybe you will be able to do something like this: at clocSkin, if we swipe down it shows the music player widget. Then swiping right would show the Health widget. Swiping again would show the Weather widget, and so on.

Great work Corvus.

About UI I also woult suggest you to keep "press and hold" for skin select, and swipe down for back function, like original D5 ROM.

Oct 21, 2016 16:37:58 GMT 1 alexd said:

Hi ricktop, I was trying to install your standalone app, but unfortunately I was not able.

I've tried with this one: drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71VDZlOS1ZR0NIdmc

It gives me an error and do not install:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0AV_OADvJWgQUwzTkNBVk5MZHc/view?usp=sharing

I was thinking that maybe it's because there is already a MyClockSkin app installed (the one that comes with the ROM).

So I don't think I'll be able to install it =(

It would be too much trouble for you to share your app with a diferente name maybe?

Thanks.

Hi Alexd,

I’ve repackaged it here : drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71dHJjRkNMYXZuMjg
Tell me if it works.

Oct 23, 2016 12:29:36 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Hi Alexd,

I’ve repackaged it here : drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71dHJjRkNMYXZuMjg
Tell me if it works.

Hey ricktop, now it worked =)
Thanks a lot!

Oct 23, 2016 9:52:21 GMT 1 mauros said:
Great work Corvus.

About UI I also woult suggest you to keep "press and hold" for skin select, and swipe down for back function, like original D5 ROM.

Hi mauros, I guess swipe down for back is not a good option anymore, as we would loose access to the notification/quick settings drawer.
I’ve alternatively set a swipe left for “back” on my watch, for example (what can be easily done with GMD Gesture Control or any other gesture apps).

Google app?

Has anyone been able to install Google app?
I’ve tried but it always gives me an error {“Google” can’t be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error code: -504)}
Is this related to the ROM our to the hardware?
Do you guys know any tricks to install it?
Or maybe know any other good voice commands-like app as an alternative?

mauro We can use swipe down to back, but this will only work in the clockskin and launcher, so if you use it outside there (another app) this gesture will not work.
alexd Google app will probably doesn’t work because it lacks of some dependencies. You can try to install anothed Gapps suite (search in open gapps).

Ok, corvus. So, what is the best gesture for back (working in every apps and launcher) ? Double press home button is a good choice ?