ADDING CUSTOM FACES TO STOCK KW88 (new) LAUNCHER

Jan 29, 2017 14:11:07 GMT 1 webert said:
Hi, Does Eric's launcher still works with the new firmware? His Apk crash too?

(I’m french, sorry for english…)

You should ask in his thread. This was just a test for the new kw88 firmware and has nothing to do with Eric’s launcher.

Whilst it was fun messing around with this firmware, the engine is rubbish.
It’s only capable of handling very simple faces.
Anything else just spins the wrong way or doesn’t move at all.

Unfortunately the KW88 new face engine in the January update - was ported by Sinsoft from an old version of the Finow engine.
This means that only very basic watch faces will work.
The rest are having issues like second hand rotating in reverse or indicators just left static and useless.
A lot of work needs to be done and I will be talking to them when their holiday is over.

Until then the ricktop launcher is still the best solution.

I created a clockskin folder on the SD card of KW88 and put ClockFace in it.
Eric says “clock_skin_model.png” is replaced with “img_clock_preview.png” and rebooted.

Both heart rate and temperature are displayed.

The problem is that there are four of the same behind.

plus.google.com/u/0/+%EB%A7%88%ED%98%84/posts/Xw8f4vEPRbG?sfc=false

Is it mandatory to have the watch rooted to have access to root folder?

Jan 30, 2017 15:05:38 GMT 1 jmsupery said:
Is it mandatory to have the watch rooted to have access to root folder?

No - you need to read the thread again
Jan 30, 2017 10:30:05 GMT 1 stonefly said:
I created a clockskin folder on the SD card of KW88 and put ClockFace in it. Eric says "clock_skin_model.png" is replaced with "img_clock_preview.png" and rebooted.

Yes - as I have been trying to tell everyone - don't bother with this. Now we know how it works (which was the purpose of this thread) it's not worth it ! The face engine used is very old and buggy - (and I can confirm it was taken directly from an old Finow firmware by the manufacturer) and there are so many issues with it it's just a dead end.
Jan 30, 2017 10:30:05 GMT 1 stonefly said:
I created a clockskin folder on the SD card of KW88 and put ClockFace in it. Eric says "clock_skin_model.png" is replaced with "img_clock_preview.png" and rebooted.

Yes - as I have been trying to tell everyone - don't bother with this. Now we know how it works (which was the purpose of this thread) it's not worth it ! The face engine used is very old and buggy - (and I can confirm it was taken directly from an old Finow firmware by the manufacturer) and there are so many issues with it it's just a dead end.
I am really sorry that there are many bugs in KW88 firmware. The small clock hands are OK on Eric's launcher or standalong WatchFace app, but there's a problem.

Especially the battery gauge is …

Digital looks fine.

Jan 30, 2017 17:36:57 GMT 1 stonefly said:

www.dropbox.com/s/jstdlwr8h9cb1lf/2017-01-30-22-11-54.png?dl=0

Jan 30, 2017 20:32:00 GMT 1 starkinc said:
KW88 stock

I like the development but did you ask ricktop

if it is ok to profit from his work ?

By the way - is this from a KW88, IQI I3 or LF16 ?  They have different storage configs… I am going to try it for the forum.

KW88 stock

I like the development but did you ask ricktop

if it is ok to profit from his work ?

By the way - is this from a KW88, IQI I3 or LF16 ?  They have different storage configs… I am going to try it for the forum.

It seems to me like selling the work of others…

Yes, so he didn’t ask you?

pablo11 AvatarJan 31, 2017 7:47:18 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Yes, so he didn't ask you?

No, not very fair.

Ok, thanks

Hi Guys

First off all thanks for Ricktop’s big effort to make the launcher for the divices.
Yesterday I have played on my KW88 with the new Build nr : kw88-cs1-b-gsm-pht-80170112 and it works very nice with all the watch faces.

So what i find out is that the Build is nearly the same as Finow q3 plus with I also have.

To make it work ,make a folder with the name " sdcard " and put Ricktop’s launcher indside next make a folder named " ClockSkin " as i have written it.
This you have to do via the PC connect it and find the KW88 folder go into this make the folders i have described.
After you have done this go to the community on G+ and download a watchface zip to your desktop unzip it and put it in the " ClockSkin " folder.
This file is not a APK file but a PNG file the same you use to the FINOW watches

Next step is go into the folder via a File Commander doesn’t matter wich one and find the " sdcard " folder open it and install the swlouncher and DO NOT OPEN IT.
Go back and install myclockskinapp samme again DO NOT OPEN IT,go back again and install the last app-release and again DO NOT OPEN IT.
Back again to the sdcard folder and move the " Clockskin " folder to the Phone storage.
Now reboot the watch and the you will see that it will ask you which launcher you want select swlauncher.

That’s it now your new watchfaces works with the swlauncher and everything els :slight_smile:

I will try to post a video here if i can.

1 Like

I tried to post the video here but it will not attach it because it is more than 1 mb.

Ricktop if you want I can sent it by mail,just sent it to me here :slight_smile:

Jan 31, 2017 12:08:44 GMT 1 ghostrider1432 said:
I tried to post the video here but it will not attach it because it is more than 1 mb.

Ricktop if you want I can sent it by mail,just sent it to me here :slight_smile:

It’s ok mate.  Thanks but we already know   /thread/387/clockskin-universal-launcher-standalone-app

KW88 stock

PLEASE CONTACT ME - pablo11, senior moderator here - my email is zappa1.pf@gmail.com

Eric DID NOT give any permission for his work to be used an especially not to make money.

Contact me to discuss or you will be banned !!  Thanks

Member refused to stop using ricktop launcher. Member banned.
Jan 31, 2017 12:08:44 GMT 1 ghostrider1432 said:

It’s ok mate.  Thanks but we already know   /thread/387/clockskin-universal-launcher-standalone-app

Ok Pablo11 just want to help :-)

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

It’s all good. Just pointing you to the thread :+1:

Hibrid version now is possible to be used