ADDING CUSTOM FACES TO STOCK KW88 (new) LAUNCHER

Pablo11, I can’t see that folder on my kw88.
What app filemanager you use to see it? You need root?

pablo11 AvatarJan 28, 2017 10:46:45 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Why would they store them in a DB like that? It means that a firmware upgrade is required to add faces......

The DB contains the list of files in the network and also the one that have been downloaded with their picture.

So, it sounds like it’s locked up tight?

pablo11 AvatarJan 28, 2017 12:06:08 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
So, it sounds like it's locked up tight?

One thing to try : the preview picture should be called "img_clock_preview.png", so if you can rename the usual "clock_skin_model.png" into that and try again in the "clockskin" directory of the SDcard.

Ok, I’ll give it a go in while. It’s 23.05 here in Australia

It works

Preview is black but it works. From SD storage as well :+1:

Weird side effects. It seems to create at least 3 copies of the same face. Also some properties are a little off. Some dials will appear off centre…

Actually, four copies of the same watch face. All selectable…

Pablo11 and Eric I will try this also and let you know. Eric is there a chance to see where the hand gesture face is in the default launcher and the background pics of notifications area?

Hi guys, I tried it and it works. Weird position of small watches but it is probably a matter of renaming the images correct. Eric if you could tell us from code what the images of small radials should be then this is fixed. Eric you are so big my friend. Thank you so much

Jan 28, 2017 15:59:12 GMT 1 pchristofides said:
Hi guys, I tried it and it works. Weird position of small watches but it is probably a matter of renaming the images correct. Eric if you could tell us from code what the images of small radials should be then this is fixed. Eric you are so big my friend. Thank you so much

Sd card folder must be clockskin?

Exactly. Then you need to rename the panel png to the name that Eric mentioned in page 2

Jan 28, 2017 16:07:50 GMT 1 pchristofides said:
Exactly. Then you need to rename the panel png to the name that Eric mentioned in page 2

You tried some complex clock faces or only simple with no digits?

Just simple ones. I did not have the time to play around a lot.

Guys, Great Great news… Almost everyone works!

Check this out … it works perfectly!

Great Pablo11 and Eric!

www.dropbox.com/s/1zwrq0hg083xdv0/2017-01-28-20-44-18.png?dl=0

Just one issue… After selecting the first time two appear!

www.dropbox.com/s/3f3wkp45oi0my82/DSC_1243.JPG?dl=0

Some issues i check for now… Not full compatible with X format, like:
No digital year
No rotate month, Day, battery…
But in gereral work with many clock faces from X format.

Now we have a problem: we can not simultaneously the ClockSkin folder for Eric’s launcher and the clockskin folder for the stock launcher!
Any ideas?

Jan 28, 2017 22:06:24 GMT 1 calom said:
Now we have a problem: we can not simultaneously the ClockSkin folder for Eric's launcher and the clockskin folder for the stock launcher! Any ideas?

Don't bother using the stock launcher. The engine is very out of date. Many hands spin wrong way and some are not supported at all. It's a waist of time. Just allows very, very simple faces to be used...

hello, guys, I need root to do this ??

I also have a kw88 with the latest firmware 12/01/2017

tell me if I can be of help as well

I am an Italian users, you use google translate to write

Hello, no need to be root. I have the same firmware version as yours and works without root

Hi,
Does Eric’s launcher still works with the new firmware?
His Apk crash too?

(I’m french, sorry for english…)