ADDING CUSTOM FACES TO STOCK KW88 (new) LAUNCHER

The new KW88 launcher uses a folder called WiiwearClockSkin to store faces. It is in root/Data/WiiwearClockSkin/
Just testing auto scrape now…

pablo11 AvatarJan 27, 2017 12:33:58 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
The new KW88 launcher uses a folder called WiiwearClockSkin to store faces. It is in root/Data/WiiwearClockSkin/ Just testing auto scrape now....

This is what the working folder looks like after faces have been downloaded and installed. ricktop have a look at this... Different format from ours. I cannot get them working yet.......
Attachments:
WiiwearClockSkin.zip (370.32 KB)

pablo11 AvatarJan 27, 2017 13:27:04 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
The new KW88 launcher uses a folder called WiiwearClockSkin to store faces. It is in root/Data/WiiwearClockSkin/ Just testing auto scrape now....

This is what the working folder looks like after faces have been downloaded and installed. ricktop have a look at this... Different format from ours. I cannot get them working yet.......

It's working out of the box, you can put the skin directory or just the zip file in the ClockSkin directory and it works. Only thing is that there's no preview bitmap, so blackscreen in the selection screen....

Nope, doesn’t work on the watch

Latest kw88 firmware

Has anyone tried putting other faces in this folder? Does it work?
pablo11 AvatarJan 27, 2017 14:31:41 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Latest kw88 firmware

I’m talking about the new stock launcher though ricktop. The new Sinsoft one which I sent you the code for.
It doesn’t pick up any watch faces even if I place them directly into the data / wiiwearclockskin folder

Jan 27, 2017 14:47:04 GMT 1 calom said:

I said already, no it doesn’t

Jan 27, 2017 14:47:04 GMT 1 calom said:

I said already, no it doesn't
But what kind of format did you put? It can not be D5! This format seems the same as those put there by apk!

Did you try, for example, to put a copy of one of those existing ones to see if it repeats itself?

If you can, we’ll figure out the way to put them … I think!

I can not find the folder you refer to … do I need root watch?

Don’t try it. It’s too dangerous. I am doing this after many years of experience to help with development. This is not something that anyone else should try. If you do, on your own head be it. I will not advise anyone else to do this.

Maybe a crazy idea … but I created a folder with the name WiiwearClockSkin and put there a copy of one of these CF Pablo … but it did not work too!

Jan 27, 2017 15:33:43 GMT 1 calom said:
Maybe a crazy idea ... but I created a folder with the name WiiwearClockSkin and put there a copy of one of these CF Pablo ... but it did not work too!

You should start another thread with this. What i can say is that the downloaded skins are pure clockskin that run with my launcher. In the other way, i have to check if their launcher has a protection that prevent them from working.

Jan 27, 2017 19:19:21 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Jan 27, 2017 15:33:43 GMT 1 calom said:
Maybe a crazy idea ... but I created a folder with the name WiiwearClockSkin and put there a copy of one of these CF Pablo ... but it did not work too!

You should start another thread with this. What i can say is that the downloaded skins are pure clockskin that run with my launcher. In the other way, i have to check if their launcher has a protection that prevent them from working.

Right, sorry!

This thread is for ricktop and me and some others who are looking at what is needed to make the new KW88 launcher accept our custom faces.
Much like the X series or Eric’s launcher.
I have already established that the folder location is in /data/WiiwearClockSkin.
However there seems to be something stopping us adding our own skins.

So here we will be looking at this issue - any rubbish posts will be deleted.

Cheers

Pablo11

pablo11 AvatarJan 28, 2017 3:41:12 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
This thread is for ricktop and me and some others who are looking at what is needed to make the new KW88 launcher accept our custom faces. Much like the X series or Eric's launcher. I have already established that the folder location is in /data/WiiwearClockSkin. However there seems to be something stopping us adding our own skins.

So here we will be looking at this issue - any rubbish posts will be deleted.

Cheers

Pablo11

I’ve not looked in the code yet, but if you see the preview when choosing the skin that mean that it is stored somewhere else…

Looking in the code, it’s easy : bitmap and online clocks are stored in a local DB, so if the clock is not in that DB it is not proposed in the select screen.
So if i’m not wrong, then no hope on this…

Just found something else : it seems it’s looking for a “clockskin” (all lower case) directory in the SDcard.
So maybe just renaming the “ClockSkin” into “clockskin” ??

I will try that

Nope, no luck

Why would they store them in a DB like that? It means that a firmware upgrade is required to add faces…