Xeric Atlasphere, Cypher Automatic and Decypher Automatic WIP

Note: I decided to create a new topic as the other one is crashing on my phone. This one is just updates.

Due to the birth of my daughter 2 days ago, I have been unable to do much work on my 3 Xeric faces. The 2 Atlasphere faces are pretty much done. I perfected the Cypher, at least the Blue and Orange one. I just need to apply the same changes to the white and silver. My only compunction is that I forgot to flip the numbers on the bottom half of the face. Still looks good though. I just started the Decypher Automatic, but all I currently have is the background.
images%20(2)
(this is a pic of the mechanical watch without the front face. It just shows the background and hands)

I am working on the hands next, and then the cover. Anyways, I will have this finished soon, but with the birth of my daughter and our impending move at the beginning of next month, my time to work on it will be very short, for the time being. I apologise for the delay and I thank y’all in advance for your patience.

Credit to: http://www.xeric.com for the image and idea.

Note 2: I also wanted to point out that Xeric, themselves, are calling these rare watches. The Cypher will be limited to 999 mechanical watches and the Decypher will be further limited to 300, making it Xeric’s rarest watch.

Note 3: I will also be making a Wear OS version of the Cypher and Decypher as to replicate the dimmer/glowing hands functionality. Unlike the mechanical Cypher, I will also be adding a dull glow to the seconds wheel as well. This will be an outside link to either my Facer or WM account. It should still be compatible with UL, but Will Not be compatible with stock Android launcher as it wasn’t designed as such. These versions will probably not be able to be finished until at least a week or so after the full Android versions.

That’s it for now. I should be posting the Atlasphere and Cypher faces within the next few days and the Decypher shortly after. Again, I apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience. Ryōshi-Sama out!

5 Likes

Congratulations! Nice watch face too!

@Louis_Peek Thank you on both counts. Just to clarify, the picture above is of the mechanical Decypher without the face plate with the numbers. My digital version doesn’t have the hands or the face plate. It’s just the white and black part.

1 Like

’Nother Update: The White and Silver Cypher is ready to zip & post. Blue and Orange needs to be exported and then it’ll be ready. I just need to change the second hand colour on the red Atlasphere Automatic and then both colours will be ready to export, zip and post. When I’m ready, I will post an animation of the alternative colour variant and a pic of both colours. Haven’t gotten any more work done on the Decypher Automatic, yet. Probably tonight I’ll be able to get more work done on it. That’s all 4 now.

1 Like

’Nother Update… Again…*:
Both the Cypher and Atlasphere watches are ready to post and will be posted before I go to bed. I will continue working on the Decypher ASAP. Moving day is looming ever closer, though, so I may not be able to post it before we move. Our next house is a temporary step and we will be having a second move 2-3 months from now. In any case, I will try to get back to work as soon as possible, but until I get settled, my work is gonna be a bit sporadic. Again, I thank y’all for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes

Update 2 June, 2019 It may be a bit before I finish the Decypher. The keyboard of my 2-in-1 decided to fail. I can still use the tablet, but without the keyboard, it’s gonna take a lot longer than expected. I’m not giving up, but I don’t know how long it’ll take. We are planning on getting another full laptop, but I can’t do much until then. Fortunately all my work is on a 32gb USB stick, so I can just move from 1 device to a other. I am planning on getting a 2,5in SATA enclosure to use with my 500GB or 1TB HD. I am also dealing with an eminent move. That will slow things down as well. I thank you for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

@Nicholas_Herczeg Congrats on the birth of your daughter best wishes to you and your family.

1 Like