X5 Air Bricked. (Soft?)

Hello there all you lovely people.

Right…
Basics first…

X5 Air
Had some minor, unimportant issues with it, gps and stuff. Hindsight tells me i should have stuck with the fw allready in the watch… but what can i say.

Downloaded- /thread/1408/x5-air-2gb-ram-firmware

Turned off the watch.

Flashed with Flash-tool in “Download only” mode.

Got OK. sign.

Now…

Not waking up. Completely black screen.

Basically same issue as emmail in this thread: /thread/524/bricked-finow-x5
 Red initialisation-bar, Error S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)

Whitenoise sound and all when i press the buttons…

Since it gives different indications in windows as i fiddle with the buttons, i can say tt seems like it, well perhaps hardware-boots in the background, but nothing comes up on the screen.
Now it will not accept any flash. Tried to make it react with some different fw, but nothing gives any other response than “Enable DRAM Fail”.

Im lost. Can anyone please help me get this thing back on it’s feet?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day/night.

Oct 18, 2017 23:53:13 GMT 1 redbow said:

sounds like battery issue than FW, try to disconnect the battery and reconnect put it to charge and then try to turn on it might take some time for it to boot so be patient. i hope it is'nt a  nother case where there are 2 models of the x5 air:/
Hello there all you lovely people.

Right…
Basics first…

X5 Air
Had some minor, unimportant issues with it, gps and stuff. Hindsight tells me i should have stuck with the fw allready in the watch… but what can i say.

Downloaded- /thread/1408/x5-air-2gb-ram-firmware

Turned off the watch.

Flashed with Flash-tool in “Download only” mode.

Got OK. sign.

Now…

Not waking up. Completely black screen.

Basically same issue as emmail in this thread: /thread/524/bricked-finow-x5
Red initialisation-bar, Error S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)

Whitenoise sound and all when i press the buttons…

Since it gives different indications in windows as i fiddle with the buttons, i can say tt seems like it, well perhaps hardware-boots in the background, but nothing comes up on the screen.
Now it will not accept any flash. Tried to make it react with some different fw, but nothing gives any other response than “Enable DRAM Fail”.

Im lost. Can anyone please help me get this thing back on it’s feet?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day/night.

Ok, can you flash the watch again using the firmware upgrade option in SP Tools?
Including the pre-loader.
It should be ok then.

Cheers

Pablo.

Thanks for the suggestions.

So i tried to disconnect the battery yesterday, but it would not recognize the watch when i re-connected. Found out today that i had to push the top button on the watch while connecting to make it visible when battery was disconnected. Still got the same message though. Even when setting it to “Firmware-Upgrade”.

Errormsg

If it’s of any importance, i seem to remember the fw-version was 170919 before i flashed it…

Oct 19, 2017 8:45:28 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

sounds like battery issue than FW, try to disconnect the battery and reconnect put it to charge and then try to turn on it might take some time for it to boot so be patient. i hope it is’nt a  nother case where there are 2 models of the x5 air:/

So i unscrewed the back again to check. Printrboard reads: W618_MB_V1.0. It’s the right one, isn’t it?

Oct 19, 2017 23:48:40 GMT 1 redbow said:

Oct 19, 2017 8:45:28 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

So i unscrewed the back again to check. Printrboard reads: W618_MB_V1.0. It’s the right one, isn’t it?

yes, it is, have you done what was suggested about teflashing just make sure the preloader is marked.

Oct 20, 2017 6:29:58 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Oct 19, 2017 23:48:40 GMT 1 redbow said:

yes, it is, have you done what was suggested about teflashing just make sure the preloader is marked.

Yes, but the same error appeared. I tried to flash the Pre-loader only, next, but i am afraid i got the same error message then aswell.
redbow Avatar Oct 19, 2017 12:00:42 GMT 2 redbow said: Thanks for the suggestions.

So i tried to disconnect the battery yesterday, but it would not recognize the watch when i re-connected. Found out today that i had to push the top button on the watch while connecting to make it visible when battery was disconnected. Still got the same message though. Even when setting it to “Firmware-Upgrade”.

Errormsg

If it’s of any importance, i seem to remember the fw-version was 170919 before i flashed it…

Oct 19, 2017 8:53:41 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:

Ok, can you flash the watch again using the firmware upgrade option in SP Tools? Including the pre-loader. It should be ok then.

Cheers

Pablo.

Thank you for your suggestion, but i had the same error when setting it to firmware-upgrade + pre-loader.

Sorry if i’m seeming as a little impatient here, but does anybody have any other suggestions or firmwares i can try?

here are a few you could try:
4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=787623&st=900#entry58829507

Oct 22, 2017 15:31:08 GMT 1 Exellent said:
here are a few you could try:
4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=787623&st=900#entry58829507

Thanks for the tip.
I tried a few, but same error still. Mind you, i had to use google-translate to understand most there. Tried what i believed to be the stock-fw and a twrp fw. I think the stock one is the same that is posted on the rom’s page on this board. (?)
Did you perhaps have any special fw in mind?

Well… i’m giving up on this watch. It’s officially hard-bricked, probably for good.
Think i will go ahead and order me a new one, looking at the lem5 pro atm. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Best regards, Redbow

That “ENABLE DRAM FAIL” error is from wrong preloader.

What version is written on the motherboard? (W616, 618 etc…)

You need the correct preloader!

So, i found that pablo11 posted the 170919 version on the firmware-update page. Thank you pablo!
It’s now working again!
I’m done retarding away with my flashings and will properly read the instructions before trying a new flash… And i’ll leave preloader alone…
Thanks for all the suggestions and help on my way to unbricking!

Best regards
Redbow