Warranty experiences - Tomtop and BangGood

I’m still waiting over 8 months later!!! for BANGGOOD to repair and return my Thor 4 watch which failed due to a split appearing in the backing plate and a charging pin falling out. Endless bullshit apologetic replies to my emails just stringing me along and I am sure they have no intention whatsoever of honouring their warranty on this product. When I eventually opened a complaint with Paypal, BangGood responded by saying the watch was repaired and ready to send but they couldn’t do that until I Cancelled by dispute with Paypal, so I cancelled the dispute and guess what?! No watch was sent by BangGood and they even gave me a bogus EMS consignment number that doesn’t even exist! Now I am past the time that Paypal will allow me to open a dispute, so I will never use Paypal again that’s for sure. These companies are just crooks. And I have found that TOMTOP uses the same tactics as well, I had to send 2 x Thor Pro’s back for repair or replacement as they both stopped charging or turning on within a week of each other (obviously substandard batteries died in the arse) both with less than 3 months of use. I have been waiting since March 2019 on those with the same all-talk-no-action replies from them. To add insult to injury Banggood offered me an AUD$80 refund on a AUD$194 watch! Not that they probably would have paid that anyway even if I accepted…:frowning:

After endless delaying tactics by Banggood they have finally given me a AUD$120 refund on a Thor 4 that cost me AUD$190 (plus the $30+ it cost to send it back for the repairs that never eventuated!!) what a disgraceful way to run a company. Paypal also took a further $5 off so I only got $115 back on a $220 investment. Beware of how these companies flaunt their own warranties.
I am still waiting for TomTop to do something about the 2 x Thor Pros I sent back in March… :frowning:

@aeger I can certainly sympathize with the problems you are having with these companies & suppliers. I have found myself in similar situations a number of times when I was collecting watches. I purchased mainly on Ebay and I found that Paypal was extremely good at making Sellers either replace, repair an item or refund the purchase price…even to the extent of making the Seller pay my return postage costs. The main thing is, once you have opened a dispute with a Seller through Paypal NEVER close it until you have received either the replacement item or a refund. If the seller refuses to take any action to remedy the problem, Paypal always settles the dispute in the buyers favor by making a full refund of the purchase price. If Bangood & Tomtop accept Paypal as a form of payment, then I would imagine they would have had to agree to accept Paypal’s terms of service? In any case, at least your problems have served as a warning to others who may be thinking of making purchases off these two companies to carefully consider the problems you have had. Thanks for letting us know about the poor treatment you received. Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

Thanks for your message. I did open a dispute with Paypal but Paypal said more than 3 months had passed so they wouldn’t take any action. That was when Banggood told me my watch was repaired and ready to send but first I had to close my dispute with Paypal before they could send it! lol. Of course I informed them that the dispute was now closed with Paypal and of course no repaired watch was ever sent to me. The moral of this is now I won’t ever use Paypal again as the only decent form of protection I think is with an actual Credit Card.

@aeger Hi, Yes, I would agree that a credit card is absolutely the best form of protection when buying online…especially if you are going to buy off a number of different web sites. I only use Paypal for shopping on Ebay…and once I open a dispute I refuse to close it until the Seller can provide me (Or Paypal) with absolute evidence that they have addressed the problem in a satisfactory manner. When I buy on other sites…Amazon, Wish, etc. I use a credit card because most credit card providers are very good at protecting consumer rights. By the way, I see that all your problems are with THOR watches. Is that just pure bad luck, or do you think the quality is definitely lacking in these watches? Cheers, Doons

Well, I have 3 different Zeblaze watches (Thor, Thor S and Thor 4). All of them are running without any problem. I would say that the quality of them is good.

1 Like

My experience has been this. First bought a Thor 4. The microphone functioned so poorly people couldn’t understand what I was saying (I posted a YouTube clip of that which is out there) I sent it back to Banggood and that time they replaced it straight away! The replacement Thor 4’s mic worked fine! About 3 or 4 months down the track a split developed in the backing plate and a charging pin fell out. I don’t know what caused the split, if it was expansion and contraction from heat or sweat, or battery expansion, anyway I sent it back and so began the arduous process of getting no action and only lies for 9 months and finally a refund or should I say theft of half what I paid for it. Now just before my Thor 4 stopped working I bought my dad a Thor Pro for his birthday. I really liked his Pro and the transflective screen. So I bought myself one very soon after. Both of our Thor Pro’s stopped charging or turning on within 2 weeks of each other. Keep in mind he would have used his less than mine so I really think it is a case of poor quality batteries in that model or batch. These Pro’s were bought from TomTop and have been sent back since March. I really hope I get them repaired or replaced but I am not so confident as I seem to be getting very similar responses from TomTop as I got from Banggood :frowning:

I should add my dad and I only had our Thor Pro’s for approximately 3 months before they both stopped functioning. In my case it was working great until one morning when I went to get it from the charging cradle and found it wouldn’t turn on or charge at all no matter what I did. That’s when I posted a message on my Facebook saying my mobile number was currently not working ( I don’t own a handset) . My dad messaged me then to say his Pro was not charging or turning on as well. Thinking it may have been just the cradles I ordered 2 of them but alas they made no difference and i wasted $20 again. So I got the return to base approval from TomTop, sent both of them back together and have been waiting patiently ever since. First they told me a technician was coming from China to Hong Kong to fix them, then they told me they were being sent from Hong Kong to China for repair. This was all after a practically 2 month period between when I sent them before they even confirmed they had received them, they kept telling me that they hadn’t arrived at the factory, even though the parcel had tracking on it which said they had received the parcel over a month prior. Then apparently there are always Chinese holidays occuring whenever I send an enquiry and they tell me to contact them again in a week or so… In my desperation I ordered a Thor 4 dual last week (this time from AliExpress) I am either a glutton for punishment or an eternal optimist!

Thor 4 Dual arrived, doesn’t show up on my computer through USB, yes I have enabled debugging. Can’t remove the backing plate to put in sim card, yes I have removed the screw, I have even tried using sticky tape to pull it off. The plate sits so flush there is no way to get even my smallest screw driver in to prize it open. Am I a magnet for of all the faulty Zeblaze watches or what! :frowning:

Finally got it open with a paper clip and some undue force!

and strangely the USB function miraculously fixed itself after putting in the SIM, no idea what was going on there. Anyway, does anyone have proper instructions for these watches?