Trouble will all audio recording, long audio files garble

Picked up a new LEM8.  Can’t get any type of audio to record for more than 10 minutes.  Including the stock “Sound Recorder” app.  Multiple apps tried from the play store.

.wav, .mp3, 3gp nothing works.  All apps confirmed to work on my phone.

Reset back to factory a couple of times hoping an app was responsible.

Video records fine for long periods of time with audio disabled.

Considered re-flashing but seems risky.  Even open to downgrading, not married to 7.

Just upgraded to the lem8 v1.3 update listed in the ‘firmware’ thread. (incorrectly notated as the v1.2 update) It did NOT fix the bug. ALL audio types distort and compress (and are unusable) during recording except the audio in the stock ‘video’ app.

Even the stock “Sound recorder” app doesn’t work correctly.

Could someone else with a lem8 confirm this error? It is super easy to reproduce. Just record more than 10 minutes of audio (or video with audio) with anything other than the stock “Camera” app. Even bone stock with nothing installed and using the “sound recorder” app.

If 1 other persons lem8 is working correctly I’m inclined to think this is a hardware problem. If not it’s a problem with the entire watch line.

TIA.

Fortunately I bought the watch on Amazon. I’ll return it and see if the next watch functions correctly. I’ll post the result here.

ALL sound recording is BROKEN.

OK got the brand new replacement lem8 today and it has the same exact problem. DO NOT buy a lem8 until someone can solve the problem with the stock sound recorder app producing distorted recordings.

I confirm the problem with the audio recorder stock app. Recorded audio files are distorted and have very low quality. Fortunately, this is not a valuable feature for me.

Dug down further. The distortion happens when the watch goes to sleep. It seems the CPU is too slow to keep up with any audio encoding. This is simple to replicate. Start a recording and press the ‘action’ button from the watch face. The portion of the audio that is recorded during sleep is only small chunks of the microphone input. Soon as it comes out of sleep, the audio is normal again.

This does not happen to the same apps on Android 5 and 6 on smartphones.

Apparently there is a v1.4 for the LEM8, does anyone know where to get it?

This looks to be an Android 7 problem. If you need to do background recording (like a podcaster doing interviews or such) Android 7 isn’t for you. Android 5 does not have this problem. My new Bakeey i3 works fine.

Apparently it’s some sort of background app killer creating the problem.