Official Break Fix Support for Kospet Hope

I’m on the border about buying a smartwatch from a non mainstream brand. I certainly have my eyes on this product.

However, on inspecting their website, the support button goes here. Is official product support provided here?

In addition, the contact us page has dead links, the warranty and service pages go to a useless about page, and there are other spots that could be seen as ‘red flags’.

I am absolutely not calling this product/brand fake, but I don’t want to buy a product and be left with no support, no warranty, and there isn’t even a privacy policy.

Thoughts please? Thanks (:

Dec 12, 2018 1:20:43 GMT 1 lewis2399 said:

you can be asure that you'll get all the technical support from here their watch is amazing and it is only the prototype and not the final product any issues with the watch warranty, hardware, software  you will get from here. 

Ordered it yesterday from gearbest and got shipping notice today. I paid 153$ which includes a leather strep and shipping insurance. Hoping it is a better watch than what I had before (lem7, thor4)

Dec 13, 2018 6:18:19 GMT 1 jockyw2001 said:
Ordered it yesterday from gearbest and got shipping notice today. I paid 153$ which includes a leather strep and shipping insurance. Hoping it is a better watch than what I had before (lem7, thor4)

i am not familiar  with the thor 4 but with the lem7 i am and it was also a great watch and i've used it with 3g\gps all the time and got at least 15hrs to 20hrs a day. it is all about what runs in the backgroun

Dear Support,

There was a new system upgrade. I would like to know about the changes.
What was repaired? Has battery power been optimized?

MOLY.LR12A.R2.MP.V5.23.P10
Kernel: 4.4.22 dec.17.2018
Build: Hope_B_20181217

Thanks

I think this is getting a bit out of hand.

The watch has a data on and off switch as shown in the photo which works perfectly.

The fact that this does not work with the Universal Launcher is a shame. The data switch had to be removed from the cellular settings in the 4g watches because it was causing a bug.
But:
This watch and all the others were not made to support the universal launcher - the universal launcher is fantastic but it is a third party app. Not official.

The always on screen will never be 100 % in sync with real time or it will use more battery. I believe the update interval if you leave it on is almost 5 minutes. Which I think is acceptable given the watches have never had this feature before a few weeks ago.

The background task killer is now an option after the OTA.
It was found that the watch was aggressively killing all third party apps as the screen went off - to save power.
I discussed this with the firmware team and it is now a choice.
It is a setting that can be accessed by going to watch settings / More / background cleaner and turn on or off.

The included cable you get with the watch is for charging only.

A data cable will be available for purchase as soon as it is ready.

The straps can be changed with any good quality strap and I recommend you purchase a good quality leather strap rather than rely on the stock one - if you want to change it.

The OTA adds the taskill option and fixes some compatibility with Google apps in the square mode view.

I hope this helps.

Dec 28, 2018 18:21:45 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:robert76

, sorry only tomorrow i’ll have time to check this out.

Tim And Pierce Collins

, one of these days i’ll understand you:) 

Thank you so much.
And if you’re there.
How do I set my SIM PIN?
And, don’t ask for a PIN?
The SIM settings are a little poor.
Can they fix this?

The pin can be set on a regular mobile phone.
While the watch does not allow you to SET a pin - it will allow you to unlock the watch if the sim has a pin number already.

So just set the pin on your regular mobile phone and then put the sim in your watch.

This is what the manufacturer recommends.

This is a support thread for owners of the Kospet Hope.

It is not a thread to request changes or express other opinions you may have.

I will open another thread for this type of discussion - suggestions for the brand owner.

But - for now, this thread is for customers who have genuine issues and need help.

Not a place for getting the answers and then criticising the brand…

Tim And Pierce Collins
soniasophie9697
ricktop

Amazing… Really.

When I get back from my holiday I will fix this up…

Hi Everybody!

I just purchased on BangGood webstore a KOSPET Hope but received without SIM Card cover…
Means: I received the parcel / box and everything seems OK. Anyway I felt strange that SIM contacts are not covered!

After check in internet I found that some MISS THE SIM CARD COVER!!!

Do you know where can I find / buy a SIM Card cover to KOSPET Hope?

Thank you in advance and wish all you a good 2019!
Paulo

1 Like
Dec 30, 2018 12:23:24 GMT 1 paulocantante said:
Hi Everybody!

I just purchased on BangGood webstore a KOSPET Hope but received without SIM Card cover…
Means: I received the parcel / box and everything seems OK. Anyway I felt strange that SIM contacts are not covered!

Paulo

I will make enquiries for you.

I am moving this to the support thread

Hi Everybody!

Paulo

Can you give me your order number and show me where you have seen that other customers have not received the sim cover ?

hi, i just received the HOPE but it cant recognize the SIM card and via BT and without SIM is not possible aswer to the call. please help me.

how can i change the order of the apps on the hope watch so i can put my most used apps first in the arc position.
tried everything but no result
also i am unable to get ok google anywhere i have put back to factory also
thanks

Hi, I have spoken to Kospet about this and they say that they have arranged for Banggood to send you a sim cover.

Can you let me know if you have worked this out with them now?

Cheers

Pablo11.

Hi Everybody!

Paulo

hello there,

is there a service centre for kospet hope 4g in asia? few days ago during in developer mode accidently changed the screen resolution into dual and into 4k mode, the touch has become unresponsive couldnt apply action further. tried the kospet after sales team few times, do anyone has the contact details?

They can’t fix this unless you return it. But as it is not a fault with the watch you would be better waiting for the usb cable and flash the firmware on the watch.

The usb cable should be on sale by now. You can check the Gearbest store.

pablo11 AvatarJan 22, 2019 2:41:38 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
They can't fix this unless you return it. But as it is not a fault with the watch you would be better waiting for the usb cable and flash the firmware on the watch.

The usb cable should be on sale by now. You can check the Gearbest store.

£2.60 delivered to UK . Ali express :wink:

Bargain

I Received the Kospet Hope $g (3+32Gb) today
The wifi MAC address changes with each reboot on this watch
(the first 3 sets remain same while the last 3 are randomly changed)
so am not able to keep wifi mac filtering activated on my Wifi Router.
is it a hardware problem or software