New World Record

As some of you may have seen from other threads, I have achieved 30 hours continuous standby on the H2 with everything off except the 2G/3G radios, well I’ve exceeded even that, the new record stands at:-

33 continuous hours with battery drain of 89% (100% - 11%, which extrapolates to circa 37 hrs), beat that!

Nov 3, 2017 16:23:44 GMT 1 tedted said:
As some of you may have seen from other threads, I have achieved 30 hours continuous standby on the H2 with everything off except the 2G/3G radios, well I've exceeded even that, the new record stands at:-

33 continuous hours with battery drain of 89% (100% - 11%, which extrapolates to circa 37 hrs), beat that!

same with the S1:) i get great result even with wifi on and gps on:)
As some of you may have seen from other threads, I have achieved 30 hours continuous standby on the H2 with everything off except the 2G/3G radios, well I've exceeded even that, the new record stands at:-

you have an active 3g data connection during this period? or just network connection? also interesting: if yes, how many mails you receive per day (average?) and how much time you spend in chat apps (fb messenger / line / whatsapp)?

i had the issue on the lemfo, that when i activated 3g data and used it, that my average use will drop down under 12 hrs (from 60++ hrs with the general setup as yours)

i have to mention, that i receive a lot of mail (around 100 per day, that i really need to read, mostly with attachements)
and also use a lot of line (like whatsapp) at work.

so my usage might be also a little “demanding”

combined usage of mail and line might be around ~ 1 - 2 hrs per day (screen on / 3g data on and using) in most cases the watch went down after 10hrs than

Nov 8, 2017 7:13:02 GMT 1 seb84 said:

that is ALOT....i noticed that when i get alot of notifications and the screen turns on at that time battery drains faster but still only whatsapp msgs i reply with the watch if i'm not around the my phone.

you have an active 3g data connection during this period? or just network connection? also interesting: if yes, how many mails you receive per day (average?) and how much time you spend in chat apps (fb messenger / line / whatsapp)?

i had the issue on the lemfo, that when i activated 3g data and used it, that my average use will drop down under 12 hrs (from 60++ hrs with the general setup as yours)

i have to mention, that i receive a lot of mail (around 100 per day, that i really need to read, mostly with attachements)

combined usage of mail and line might be around ~ 1 - 2 hrs per day (screen on / 3g data on and using) in most cases the watch went down after 10hrs than

no data connection

effectively the watch is just used to receive calls and texts, my lifestyle means I generally have continuous access to bigger and better devices for other notifications and email, if I didn’t I would not consider the watch a viable solution for replacing my smartphone and no way am I interested in carrying around two devices

so the watch is virtually a standby device, and even then the battery consumption is extremely variable, sometimes only lasting 10-12 hours, which I am attributing to the android 5.1 battery drain bug and my living in an area of poor reception, not to mention my sim is a 3G/4G one, and I’m to tight to waste the pre-paid credit I have on it so I won’t be changing networks for a few months at least

I conduct several similar battery tests on my I4 Air when it I first got it and published them here in the I4 forum. This is one of the tests, all had the Sim card installed other conditions noted on first line. This test with the standard launcher went for 70 hours. The one with Eric’s launcher installed last for 67 hours.

What can I say besides I’m really liking this I4 Air.

Update: Battery Status. 400mah battery installed.

1700 - 100% Sep 20th Wearing all day and night. Gesture off. Normal use for how I use watch. Airplane mode. Limited Cell when needed. BT Droid when needed. Hibernation manager on.

0935 - 80%

Sep 21 (time on 16h 35m)

0900 - 41%

Sep 22 (time on 23h 25m - cumulative 40h 0m)

1700 - 26%

Sep 22 (time on 8hr 0m - cumulative 48h 0m)

0900 - 15%

Sep 23 (time on 16h 0m - cumulative 64h 0m)

With 15% remaining that averages out to about 6.25 ma per hour used. 15% of 400mah = 40mah remaining. That works out to about 6h and 27m or a total battery life of 70 hours for this test.

Nov 8, 2017 10:14:52 GMT 1 tedted said:

no data connection

effectively the watch is just used to receive calls and texts, my lifestyle means I generally have continuous access to bigger and better devices for other notifications and email, if I didn’t I would not consider the watch a viable solution for replacing my smartphone and no way am I interested in carrying around two devices

so the watch is virtually a standby device, and even then the battery consumption is extremely variable, sometimes only lasting 10-12 hours, which I am attributing to the android 5.1 battery drain bug and my living in an area of poor reception, not to mention my sim is a 3G/4G one, and I’m to tight to waste the pre-paid credit I have on it so I won’t be changing networks for a few months at least

sad thing. i really hoped there would be a bigger improvement with the h2. maybe you check my thread, i actually got 60 hrs and more on the lemfo with the same setup as yours.
check here: /thread/1418/lem5-battery-savings-automatization

you can do a sync. every hour in this setup, without draining too much.

i see captjon get the same results on the i4 air.
i think sonia is still better of with the mtk6572. she reported all day 3g connection. would be really great we see one of the new gen. watches do this again

Nov 8, 2017 8:10:37 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

that is ALOT…i noticed that when i get alot of notifications and the screen turns on at that time battery drains faster but still only whatsapp msgs i reply with the watch if i’m not around the my phone.

right, i have a lot of traffic. mostly even private, but during work hours. for me the phone is often a pain. i have very small pockets and i really would liek to leave it somewhere and just have the watch with me.

with the lg i’m fine for now, but it doesn;t make me completely happy. skype, what i only use for work, but what is very important for that reason, currently isn’t running on wear e.g…
also i miss a complete appstore and i also had no time to look into the squahsfs problem (lg uses this, what makes many things impossible). there is a way to exchange this to ext3, but this is wear now and not belong here.

i got now the confirmation for the order of the 1200mAh battery for the lemfo. should arrive next week. also my garmin is on the way (but i consider this a fun watch).

i really want to see, what the almost 270% up battery for the lemfo brings.

i ordered a few of those, so i would consider this once also for the lg (should be amazing, but i’m not sure if i want to do this now, while it is fine as it is). and also for my next purchase, i want to keep one on hand.in general this battery should fit all sizes of watches in the area of 1.4" to 1.5". the one i ordered now is a little higher than the original one and square, so it will need some mods on the lemfo to make this work, but as fas as i measured all should fit well, without moving components, but just adjusting the battery-holder inside the watch

batteries in the straps, is another option, but considering the space the antennas take, will be hard to realize.

all my tries to get a transreflective screen watch, wasn’t succesful until now. the manufacturer not sell this screen and the regarding watch anymore.

Nov 9, 2017 6:08:24 GMT 1 seb84 said:

you found that size of battery for the watch??? are you sure it will fit? 

seb84 :
I like to know, where you found such a big battery ?

Nov 9, 2017 9:35:52 GMT 1 mgk said:
seb84

:
I like to know, where you found such a big battery ?

they just released a new batch of batteries on alibaba.

let me see if it really fits, than i give a description with links for everything.

www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Blue-Taiyang-754040-1200mAh-3-7v_60187478388.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.kLgNQ5

here the link.

the original is 4.4 mm x 35 mm x 35mm round lithium type

that what i have ordered now is essentially bigger as you can see in the link 7.5 mm x 40 mm x 40 mm

the case of the lemfo is big enough for the 40 mm as you can see i my thread:

/thread/1543/lem5-finow-x5-battery-project

there is a case of 5 mm size around the batterie so i will have to cut it. but in general it holds only the display connectors, speaker and vibro motor. there is enough space left to just cut out some plastic. the height will be an issue. there is still around 1.5 mm left on the top left, also the original battery has a sticker, that makes it thicker than the 4.4 mm. so if i’m lucky, i get there around 2mm i think the last 1 mm i’ll have to trick a little (bigger seal and longer screws or something like that / maybe a selfmade adapter)

let me get the parts first. i know its a little crazy anyhow, maybe aslo oo much work on something like this.

Nov 9, 2017 16:36:24 GMT 1 seb84 said:
www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Blue-Taiyang-754040-1200mAh-3-7v_60187478388.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.kLgNQ5

here the link.

that what i have ordered now is essentially bigger as you can see in the link 7.5 mm x 40 mm x 40 mm

there is a case of 5 mm size around the batterie so i will have to cut it. but in general it holds only the display connectors, speaker and vibro motor. there is enough space left to just cut out some plastic. the height will be an issue. there is still around 1.5 mm left on the top left, also the original battery has a sticker, that makes it thicker than the 4.4 mm. so if i’m lucky, i get there around 2mm i think the last 1 mm i’ll have to trick a little (bigger seal and longer screws or something like that / maybe a selfmade adapter)

let me get the parts first. i know its a little crazy anyhow, maybe aslo oo much work on something like this.

Don’t claim to know much about electrics but you do need to be sure your device is compatible, I believe it’s the output voltage that’s important, i.e. your new battery should not exceed the output voltage of your old battery.

But then if you used to work on photoelectric cells your probably a lot more knowledgeable than I.

Nov 9, 2017 17:31:24 GMT 1 tedted said:
Nov 9, 2017 16:36:24 GMT 1 seb84 said:

here the link.

Don't claim to know much about electrics but you do need to be sure your device is compatible, I believe it's the output voltage that's important, i.e. your new battery should not exceed the output voltage of your old battery.

But then if you used to work on photoelectric cells your probably a lot more knowledgeable than I.

you are right, both run the same specs in general. they just different in capacity

The main thing you need to watch out for is the screen cable .

If it has to be lengthened in any way you are stuffed.

This strap cable is finely tuned for the screen and should not be altered in any way.

At 7.5 mm thick I don't see how you can do this without messing up that cable.

I know this because I spoke to the manufacturers about it myself.

Good luck though and let's hope it works

pablo11 AvatarNov 21, 2017 7:54:02 GMT 1 pablo11 said:

The main thing you need to watch out for is the screen cable .

If it has to be lengthened in any way you are stuffed.

This strap cable is finely tuned for the screen and should not be altered in any way.

At 7.5 mm thick I don't see how you can do this without messing up that cable.

I know this because I spoke to the manufacturers about it myself.

Good luck though and let's hope it works

right. might be a problem, but it is possible to trick here a little.

the cable for the display is one time layed over the battery and than goes in a bow around the other board. it’s quite short, but a very simple trick will lengthen it (the cable itself is to fragile). but you can cut the board on top, till reaching the connector for the display. while it’s wrapped around, you will gain quite a few mm.

i still say its crazy, but i thought about the assembly, should work. the backplate will be the main issue (adapter cut, i think is easiest and cheap)

look in my thread for the mod, you can see it on the pictures there. (http:///thread/1543/lem5-finow-x5-battery-project)

I’ve tested the battery and it’s 600mah-650mah in capacity. And if only in watch mode (airplane, no bt/wifi/gps) pedometer. The watch consumed ~6mah (~1% drain per hour) but when all the bt/wifi/gps active the watch drain at least 5% per hour even without using those function (mean just enable and bt/wifi connected)

Nov 28, 2017 9:08:40 GMT 1 sklchan said:
I've tested the battery and it's 600mah-650mah in capacity. And if only in watch mode (airplane, no bt/wifi/gps) pedometer. The watch consumed ~6mah (~1% drain per hour) but when all the bt/wifi/gps active the watch drain at least 5% per hour even without using those function (mean just enable and bt/wifi connected)

for me the watch lasts more than a day with only 3g on and gps but with wifi and BT on for about 2hrs i get around 20hrs-24hrs of usage.

I’m wondering some whatch faces have many different functions installed. Does this influence the batterylife in anyway?

Jan 16, 2018 14:30:38 GMT 1 KTM said:
I'm wondering some whatch faces have many different functions installed. Does this influence the batterylife in anyway?

bound to, anything that updates has to use power, likewise anything 'listening' for activities will use constant power, i.e. if you have your gestures, (pedometer and wrist flick), turned on the software constantly checks to see if the conditions are being fulfilled