My experiences after two weeks

Yes migrating the forum was not an easy task. We have merged your user, it should be ok now. Welcome Here !

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the hard work!
Have a nice day / weekend!

have u tried square mode

“sleeping monitoring i use liflog and senseme works well and no impact on battery life”

do you want to install these programs on your phone or on your watch? Thanks.

On your watch, otherwise what’s the point having your big and bulky watch on your wrist?
The Kospet Hope is a standalone device, it doesn’t need a companion, so you should install everything on your watch.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I have no experience and I wanted to make sure.

1 Like

5 days without a post means without proper support from Kospet this watch will slowly die.

Yeah, it can run full Android apps on its miniscule screen, it has a lot of RAM and ROM, BUT it doesn’t have a real community, only us discussing what it could have been instead of this and the problems with its quality…

A bit more love from Kospet’s side would have made the Hope my daily driver, but I’m still using my good ol’ Amazfit Stratos - it’s AWESOME, though it has incomparably weaker HW, but at least it’s good for what it is.

I know there’s Optimus Pro, but it’s just another gimmick, because a dual display watch would have been amazing, a dual SoC one isn’t. Yeah, I know, I could buy TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE, that’s exactly what I want, but for my walks the Stratos is just PERFECT.

Sorry, but for me the Hope was my last gadget with MediaTek SoC, it’s soooo past compared with Qualcomm’s stuff… And this opinion is not after two weeks, but almost 8 months of barely turning my Kospet on.

But what does that have to do with the fact that it is running a mediatek processor exactly?

1 Like

Dont understand a lot of your post ? If you have barely turned it on in 8 months why would you say its a poor watch ?

" 5 days without a post means without proper support from Kospet this watch will slowly die "

Also dont understand your above comment . Thanks

PS - This is more than just a community . Support is offered where we can

4 Likes

@StormChild: I am glad to hear that you are so satisfied with your “Amazfit”. The only thing I do not understand is why you are still a member of this community? Just to slander a little bit about fullandroidwatches from time to time? Is it perhaps a specific form of Tourette?

4 Likes

No, I’m sad because the Hope has AWESOME hardware, but without any real support from the manufacturer it’s not what it could have been. No, I’m not trolling, I’m healthy, if I can help to anybody I will, but I wanted to express my own opinion in the topic I’ve opened many months ago.

I’m also sad, because on @SmartWatchTicks’ amazing YT channel I always see the same 3 or 4 watches under different brands. Believe me, I really want to love my Kospet, it’s superb, but still doesn’t have the newer fitness app with GPS support, although the watch has a pretty accurate GPS receiver. It has a good enough AMOLED display, although it has stock Android without proper support for a tiny display like this. It’s small and sturdy enough, has a big battery in it, but I just can’t wear two watches, so that’s why I had to choose the Stratos. A lot (or at least a few) of us wanted to have a proper fitness app, but Kospet hasn’t even replied to the community. I bet KingWear has at least a few dozen - or a few hundred, or even a few thousand - workers, so they could have chosen two or three of them to communicate with us here.

I don’t have enormous expectations, but what could have been better with a bit of extra love from the manufacturer’s side, it’s still an AMAZING piece of HW without the proper FW/SW.

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu: you don’t have to understand my post, as I wrote, I just wanted to express my feelings about my watch a few months later, not hurting your feelings. You all doing a great job, but you just can’t fix what the manufacturer broke or not implemented. This is a great community, but discussing things we just can’t fix without the manufacturer being present… Well, as I said it’s my own opinion, but since the Chinese army is using MediaTek SoCs, they won’t provide any useful source code to the community. I have a BlackView BV9500 phone, I love it, but since it has an MTK P23 SoC, there won’t be anything like a custom ROM for it.

@G1NT0N1C: yeah, I am, because at least the Stratos is the best for me for what it is. It has a lot weaker HW, but it’s perfectly fine for a daily driver - again, for me. Do you think I’m ill? Do you know me? Did I say you’re mentally ill? No, so please, let others express their opinions without judging them, if they didn’t judge you.

1 Like

It’s like always: wordy ranting. If you spent more time reading the posts in this forum you’d know that @Pablo11 yesterday released the Fitness app with integrated GPS. So it is not true that we are discussing problems here instead of solving them.
Personally, I find Amazfit very boring. But I would never get the idea to post long posts on my opinion in an Amazfit forum. Simply because it does not help anyone and leads to no result.

4 Likes

It’s OK that you are not happy with some things and happy with others.
The problem I have with your earlier post is that so much of it is misinformed.

Kospet has good support - I know because it is us.
We are their official first level support.
We have addressed many of our members issues with Kospet products. So I am not quite sure what you mean by “they have no official support” ?
I am an official partner of the board / firmware manufacturer of all these watches.

Saying things like “dual display” - when I guess you are talking about the Dual chip operating system - is confusing and incorrect. The dual chip OS is exactly that - a fully functional Android Smartwatch or the Bluetooth Fitness interface system.

Anyway, I get that you’re not happy but all that you have achieved is
a) upset people (I know you probably did not intend to but…).
b) confuse people
c) I am still not sure why you keep flaming the Kospet Hope? Of the many watches discussed, this is one of the most reliable and good value products available. We have given access to tools which provide root access to the watch as well. Allowing the more tech savvy users to customize the OS as needed.

So - what is your problem with this product?

I’m interested in why you cannot use your watch. But at the same time - let’s be sensible and not turn this into a slagging match which ends up with so many posts having to be removed due to the lack of value to everyone.
Cheers
Pablo11.

6 Likes

Hi do you think lite os will get touch support on our watch or it will always be buttons,because nrf52840 has much more capabilities like music control,notifications display,call reject,and it probably can even support a small UI type interface,and can you give info about any internal updates? @pablo11

1 Like