My experiences after two weeks

Feb 25, 2019 13:50:55 GMT capt jon said:
Feb 25, 2019 13:05:16 GMT glitterfart said:
i like the watch very well the music the wireless file transfer with sweech works great no need for any cables 4g internet all works great the only huge let down is the fitness app cant be so difficult for wiiwatch to upgrade the fitness app with a gps switch for more accurate reading the fitness app dashboard is great too but running 4 km on a track gives me 2.8 km on the hope .... why cant anyone at wiiwatch fix this

I somewhat agree with you but after looking at the WiiWatch Apps I don't use them. I use WatchDroid. All these watches are not exact in how they operate, so some of the issues could be with your watch.

But you are asking the wrong people. Why not post your requests with the developers in the play store and ask them to improve it.

in the wiiwatch feedback  tab made my point clear  

I got my Hope since 20 Feb and I have used it intensively. I have put my phone aside and did everything with my watch.

this is my experience

Pros
very responsive and

clear screen
wireless file transfer with sweech worked perfectly, I transferred around 1500 songs from my pc to my watch without any hickup
4g and wifi is excellent
bluetooth connectivity seems to be very strong keeps connection with my phone up to 20 - 25 m
battery life is acceptable
calling and receiving calls with an inserted sim card working great while there is a headset connected

Cons

using gps with (google fit, Strava, Runtastic) is way off running 4000 m gives me 4600 m I tried to fix GPS according to some recommendations on this site and others to no avail. I ran gps fix, GPS reset, GPS toolbox , GPS logger nothing helped. Any suggestion maybe I’m missing something I would prefer a GPS fix to work with google fit coz I’m using for over a year.
or I really would like to have the built-in fitness app with GPS connectivity as on the Zeblaze Thor 4 dual.coz the dashboard layout from the built in is very practical

The biggest issue is the lackluster loudspeaker I can’t receive any calls without a decent headset, the sound is too low even when pumped up to 15 and the sound is distorted so badly can’t understand anything even on low volume the sound is very distorted

I tried to address kospet via e-mail havent got any reply, good customer support could make this watch one of the best available on the market but unfortunately kospet doesn’t seem to be interested in customer care

Mar 7, 2019 9:15:55 GMT glitterfart said:
using gps with (google fit, Strava, Runtastic) is way off running 4000 m gives me 4600 m I tried to fix GPS according to some recommendations on this site and others to no avail. I ran gps fix, GPS reset, GPS toolbox , GPS logger nothing helped. Any suggestion maybe I'm missing something I would prefer a GPS fix to work with google fit coz I'm using for over a year. or I really would like to have the built-in fitness app with GPS connectivity as on the Zeblaze Thor 4 dual.coz the dashboard layout from the built in is very practical . => After calibrating GPS with the procedure I published in this forum the deviation is 3-4 metre . The biggest issue is the lackluster loudspeaker I can't receive any calls without a decent headset, the sound is too low even when pumped up to 15 and the sound is distorted so badly can't understand anything even on low volume the sound is very distorted . => I initially had exactly the same issue but after using for about 2-3 weeks it automagically works fine. Meanwhile I lowered the volume to 9 or 10

I tried to address kospet via e-mail havent got any reply, good customer support could make this watch one of the best available on the market but unfortunately kospet doesn’t seem to be interested in customer care
=> Kospet does not reply directly. That of course sucks. Maybe pablo11 can help you

Mar 7, 2019 11:19:13 GMT jockyw2001 said:
Mar 7, 2019 9:15:55 GMT glitterfart said:
using gps with (google fit, Strava, Runtastic) is way off running 4000 m gives me 4600 m I tried to fix GPS according to some recommendations on this site and others to no avail. I ran gps fix, GPS reset, GPS toolbox , GPS logger nothing helped. Any suggestion maybe I'm missing something I would prefer a GPS fix to work with google fit coz I'm using for over a year. or I really would like to have the built-in fitness app with GPS connectivity as on the Zeblaze Thor 4 dual.coz the dashboard layout from the built in is very practical . => After calibrating GPS with the procedure I published in this forum the deviation is 3-4 metre . The biggest issue is the lackluster loudspeaker I can't receive any calls without a decent headset, the sound is too low even when pumped up to 15 and the sound is distorted so badly can't understand anything even on low volume the sound is very distorted . => I initially had exactly the same issue but after using for about 2-3 weeks it automagically works fine. Meanwhile I lowered the volume to 9 or 10

=> Kospet does not reply directly. That of course sucks. Maybe pablo11 can help youHi  Jocky thx  for the quote  i pm you  

hi  Jocky thx for the quote  I pm'ed you  can you  paste a link  here I can't find your instruction to calibrate GPS  Thx in advance 

The solution that works for me to fix the GPS Problem (thanks to djelloul bbs.elephone.hk/thread-11201-1-1.html#.V3zPELiLRaS)

Install MTK Engineering Mode from Google Play

Close Wi-Fi Connection

Open MTK Engineering Mode

Go to MTK Settings

Go to Location

Open Location based Service

Go to GPS

Make sure GPS is off [Button GPS caption must be GPS(off)]

Select GPS MODE: Full

Select Delete

Go to the AGPS Tab

Disable AGPS (uncheck [Enable A-GPS]

Go Back to the GPS Tab

Enable GPS [Button GPS caption must be now GPS on]

Go to the outside (clear view of the sky is needed)

Got to the view tab

wait until you see at least 6 - 10 sattelites in green state

Go to the GPS Tab

Stop GPS [Button GPS caption must be GPS(off)]

Press the REF POSITION Button

Click on APPLY LAST LOCATION

Go to the AGPS Tab

Enable A-GPS (enable A-GPS must be checked)

Go to the GPS Tab

Start GPS [Button GPS caption must be now GPS (on)]

close MTK Engineering Mode

4 Likes

hi jocky thx a lot I followed the procedure as attached above and it really worked well 14/21 sats 9 were green the position reading is as close as perfect .when I start using fitness app such as google fit, strava, mapmyrun the readings are way off, Nike run club was the best allowed all the apps to connect to the GPS in the GPS settings high accuracy . I suppose there is no proper fitness app that works well with full android watches.
I give up in my quest to find a fitness app that works well instead someone comes up with a solution

thx again

There must be reasons for the large deviations. For example the position reading time intervals can be too large. For strava see this kb article:
support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917707-Bad-GPS-Data-What-Why-How
In one of the comments someone writes he sets the interval to 1 sec to prevent against bad gps readouts. I guess a similar solution exists for all of the apps you list.

Also make sure to set gps to high accuracy. See ridewithgps.com/help/improving-gps-accuracy (see my next post: set Location mode to ‘Device only’)

Please check if any of these tips work for you.

I myself use Runmeter and am quite satisfied with the maps and distance accuracy. However, the elevation readings seem to be way off. Probably the watch does not have the right sensors for that.

EDIT

see these threads:

www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/670mik/how_can_i_get_google_fit_to_give_more_accurate/

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-wear/yhf0UXFLl70;context-place=topicsearchin/android-wear/category$3Amanaging-notifications–apps%7Csort:relevance%7Cspell:false

it is suggested to disable wifi and cellular scanning and set the Location mode to ‘Device only’. If your GPS is calibrated then it should lock fast and should be accurate 

I will also try that tomorrow.

Thx Jocky for your assistance ill give it a shot 2moro

I have set Location mode to ‘Device only’ and tested during a cycle tour with Runmeter. Results are excellent: distance, elevation and run map accuracy are now 100% correct

amazing i did a 1000 m walk the first 500 meters were correct just turned around and walked the same distance gave me 600 meters device only ill do a test run later today

Hi, Jocky thx again for assistance without your advice I wouldn’t have come close to solve this I did a test run with Runmeter elite.
the distance I ran was spot on, the spoken notifications are very clear plus the email feature to send the workout results to your own email. even can plot the distance ran on google maps the location accuracy is about 100 meters off which i can live with as long the covered distance is correct

finally a working fitness app

About 2 hours ago I cycled the same route in reverse direction. Unfortunately, the map and elevation accuracy was by far not as good as earlier this morning. The distance was correct though. Perhaps I should upgrade to Runmeter elite…

Well, the elevation is pretty accurate whichI’m not interested in . The only thing is  the location is a little bit off find the attachment the email i get from my workout plotted on google maps obviously i didnt swim and i run on the nearest track this is a minor flaw which is perfectly acceptable for me

In the run elite  got a lot more options  it tells the time at  intervals  preset by yourself  it fades out the music  smoothly and returns after  the announcement  as it is now  I do really  like it 

this is  my route plotted on google maps each and  every workout, u get an email with all the details pretty amazing 

you convinced me, I will buy runmeter elite

ps: what did u set for location services ?

google emergency and location history and sharing

I mean which location mode? (high accuracy, battery saving or device only)

device only. I tried high accuracy and it’s way off (network and mobile data must interfere with the satellite signal

I tried device only with google fit the readings are much better too only 8-9 % off, but runmeter is dead on Had another 1.2 km walk between 10-floor buildings( narrow alley) run elite gave me 1.18 km which is pretty accurate

walked 2 laps on a track as on the picture above and it gave me 800 meters

I’m satisfied with the GPS performance. only the location is a bit off, so what

another test today the following settings gave me the best resluts accuracy device only mobile data off

wifi off

Newbie here. How in the world were you abke to start tracking on strava? I installed the app, but the round + button is on the lower right corner of the app and it’s covered because of the round display. Also i cannot press send button on fb messenger because the send button is also on the lower right corner of the app but the round display cropped it out.

Well, still nothing groundbreaking here I assume, except that the automatic forum migration has copied my posts as StormChild1. Could an admin link all my posts from the RoundAndroidWatches.com ex-forum to this user I’m currently using? Thanks!