LEMFO LEM8 - New model for November 2018.

Nov 17, 2018 17:08:51 GMT 1 seb84 said:

if you are asking me i do'nt have the lem8 but as i heard mtk6739 and A7 should imporve preformence and battery life way better than previous versions.

Tuesday :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Nov 13, 2018 19:49:20 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
This is my wife modeling the Lemfo Lem 8

You wish, ok I know Christmas is coming, but I doubt it.

My watch is 3 mile away :+1::+1::+1::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well . Its on my wrist . Following my Lemfo Lem x , wow this has one tiny screen . Build quality superb but not the sim cover not flush in corners ? Back of watch curved , sim cover flat so corners slightly raised . We shall see if this is a problem .

Set up / firmware flawless for now !

Have one on my wrist right now also, arrived today. Let toy around, the minutes in use so far; nice! much better than Lem7 IMHO

give some feedback on battery life and if the os is stable?

i have the feeling my fingers are nervous…

I would say, the battery life is awesome. I took it at 6am, then turned on 3G, GPS and Bluetooth on. Always paired with my phone.
For sure, the always on display is ON.
I’ve put on the charger at 21:30 and the battery was still like 45% left. So, 15hr with 55% usage (with Always on).
I used a lot today, since it was my first day. Checked notification 2 or 3 per hour.

I do have a bit of bias. Since my other Android watch only last 4 to 5 hour with same setting, I felt this one is really good battery life so far.
If you consider always on, I believe this is quite a battery life. Oh, the always on is, for sure, a bit dim…it could be a bit more brighter or should be adjustable.

Nov 21, 2018 2:25:55 GMT 1 seb84 said:

give some feedback on battery life and if the os is stable?

i have the feeling my fingers are nervous…

Wow . Gps lock 3 seconds ? Even in a fast moving car ? And i thought the lemx was fast . Battery so far :-

GPS On
Wifi On
Shake to wake on
Bluetooth on and connected
Screen maximum !
Always on clock - on
Universal launcher installed

Down to 75% in 4.5 hours ( pretty impressive eh ! )

And please note “ shake to wake “ function at lot more responsive than other watches as stated by pablo11 .

I’ve been using it for a week and I’m impresed with the watch it’s almost perfect but I found an issue (sad) once you connect to your Google account and start using 3rd part apps the watch randomly keeps awaken and that makes the battery drain very quickly 

wifi on, 3g on with sim,  the watch can last in stand by almost 2 days

but with the Google account signed and the same configuration just last like 10 or 12 hours in stand by

I have to restart it in order to make the watch sleep again but when a notification from an app came the watch keeps awake again
I turn off the auto sync, try disabeling funtions, Factory reset but nothing Works 

Its the first watch i have that has this issue the lem X even with the WhatsApp web conected all day dont drain the battery like that

Nov 21, 2018 17:03:31 GMT 1 xsxpx said:

disable google services and google play store and use them only when you need to, also you can just disable notifications from any app and also stop sync and updates by google services and play store.
Nov 13, 2018 15:13:41 GMT 1 timka said:
Tell me please where to find the firmware for lem8?

check the firmware section.

Nov 21, 2018 17:43:42 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 13, 2018 15:13:41 GMT 1 timka said:
Tell me please where to find the firmware for lem8?

check the firmware section.

Hi Sonia, do you know what changed from 1.0 to 1.1? I wasn't able to find any change log.

nekojiru55

sorry, no i do’nt, why? was the original firmware 1.0?

Nov 21, 2018 19:29:59 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:nekojiru55

sorry, no i do’nt, why? was the original firmware 1.0?

Yup, mine says, v1.0
At least, I do not see OTA yet.

nekojiru55

better wait for ota and if you wo’nt get it then flash manually.

Nov 21, 2018 17:42:39 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 21, 2018 17:03:31 GMT 1 xsxpx said:

disable google services and google play store and use them only when you need to, also you can just disable notifications from any app and also stop sync and updates by google services and play store.

I think first I will update the firmware and test it to see if there’s an improvement

The only change in the firmware update is the QR code for the WiiWatch2 app

pablo11 AvatarNov 22, 2018 23:21:48 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
The only change in the firmware update is the QR code for the WiiWatch2 app

I flashed this update and now my watch, with 3g, wifi on and all the apps I use installed, last 20 hrs with one charge 

Don’t know if the update fixed the issue with the drain or just was that the firmware weren’t installed correctly from factory

xsxpx

flashing can do good to battery life regadless what the specs of update when you flash and use upgrading it cleans everthing also data about the battery and it kinda reset it.