Lem8 bootloader, rooting watch

It seems nobody supports rooting the 7.1.1 lemfo lem8.  Wouldn’t be a problem if the bootloader wasn’t setup for the wrong kind of device.  Most of the bootloader text is off the screen, but you can make out enough to see you need to the volume up button to agree.  This is just poor planning.  There are multiple smartwatch friendly bootloaders out there.

lem8 7.1.1 background behavior is bad for continuously running apps

You can’t change it without root

lem8 is fairly obscure so jailbreaking apps don’t work.

“fastboot oem unlock” reboots into an unavigatible screen you can’t read or select anything on

Am I missing something?

There are claims that people have rooted the LEM8 and there is a TWRP out for it. They are stated in LEMFO LEM8 - New model for November 2018 /board/67/lemfo-lem8#ixzz5dkuNHE8p posts.

I have requested links to these but no one yet has supplied one.

If you get lucky could you post the links?

Jan 26, 2019 23:34:45 GMT 1 enviro8 said:
There are claims that people have rooted the LEM8 and there is a TWRP out for it. They are stated in LEMFO LEM8 - New model for November 2018 /board/67/lemfo-lem8#ixzz5dkuNHE8p posts.

I have requested links to these but no one yet has supplied one.

If you get lucky could you post the links?

I have rooted the LEM8, although I have not yet located a suitable TWRP image for it.  You don’t need TWRP to root it, and you do not need to unlock the bootloader at all.  Use Magisk to patch the boot image from the LEM8 and write it back out to the watch using SP Tools (flashtool).  The bootloader does not validate the contents of the boot image, so you can update it at will.  That goes for recovery as well, assuming you find a TWRP image you want to use.

Note: You can download a boot image file by downloading the stock firmware which you can find on this site.  The firmware also includes the scatter file that SP Tools requires.

SP Tools is not exactly intuitive, but there is plenty of documentation for it available on the web.

Thanks for the tips. New things to try.

TWRP built from source (not ported) is posted here /thread/2736/lemfo-lem8-model-november-2018?page=15&scrollTo=32732

Feb 20, 2019 7:59:49 GMT RASC Moderators said:
TWRP built from source (not ported) is posted here /thread/2736/lemfo-lem8-model-november-2018?page=15&scrollTo=32732

Thanks for that

I will give it a try