GPS issue with lemfo lem8

I replaced the cable, the watch is properly connected as windows gives the sound notification and the watch says it is connected by usb and wants to know what to do (charge, transfer files…), if I connect the watch with sp tools open, after clicking on the download button, the lower bar becomes red, but the flashing procedure doesn’t start. How can I check whether the drives are installed properly?

You have to turn the watch off before you put it on the base. (Power it down completely.) It seems counter-intuitive, but the watch can not be booted as you transfer the firmware from SP Tools. You also have to click download BEFORE you put the watch on the base. None of this is obvious.

Jan 2, 2019 15:24:39 GMT 1 jlc said:
You have to turn the watch off before you put it on the base. (Power it down completely.) It seems counter-intuitive, but the watch can not be booted as you transfer the firmware from SP Tools. You also have to click download BEFORE you put the watch on the base. None of this is obvious.

Interesting...

I can connect my Lem8 with the usb charger before i click the download button. And the watch runs and ich click reboot and it runs than through the hole prozess…

But of cource, maybe it works like you said. Hopefully!

1p4zi4 AvatarJan 2, 2019 14:43:14 GMT 1 1p4zi4 said:
I replaced the cable, the watch is properly connected as windows gives the sound notification and the watch says it is connected by usb and wants to know what to do (charge, transfer files...), if I connect the watch with sp tools open, after clicking on the download button, the lower bar becomes red, but the flashing procedure doesn't start. How can I check whether the drives are installed properly?

The lower bar have only color when it loads the firmware into the program. After this, when you click the download button, nothing is changing in the bar, only the whole skin with the loaded files is greying out. 

Can you show us a screenshoot?

Here are videos where you cann see the process:

/thread/2368/lemfo-lem7-z28-m6737-model

Thank you all, finally I did it! It was the cable and the drivers not installed properly, I reinstalled manually in the device manager using “install legacy hardware” function. I did the other steps as before, and finally connecting the watch sp tool recognized it and started loading the firmware. Now the watch shows version 1.3, and what is best, gps seems working better (I have gone out for a walk and the preinstalled app updated kms).

Thank you again

1p4zi4 AvatarJan 2, 2019 18:28:31 GMT 1 1p4zi4 said:
Thank you all, finally I did it! It was the cable and the drivers not installed properly, I reinstalled manually in the device manager using "install legacy hardware" function. I did the other steps as before, and finally connecting the watch sp tool recognized it and started loading the firmware. Now the watch shows version 1.3, and what is best, gps seems working better (I have gone out for a walk and the preinstalled app updated kms).

Thank you again

Thats great!

Have fun with your watch!!

Jan 2, 2019 18:31:33 GMT 1 oel said:
Thats great!

Have fun with your watch!!

Thank you! I’m already in love with it😁

Are there any release notes for this Firmware?

I’ve got SP Flash Tool v5.1824.00 running on ubuntu 18.04. It seems to recognize the LEM8 but nothing happens when I try to download to the watch?
I noticed that the Z29-LEM8-V1.3 directory contains several DLLs and an EXE file. Does the update ONLY work under windows?

In Answer to my 2nd question.
Yes you can install with the Linux version of SP Flash Tool from spflashtool.com/ using instructions from forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/tutorial-how-to-setup-spflashtoollinux-t3160802

However, even after adding the unix user to the dialout group I still had to run flash_tool as root e.g.
$ sudo su -
#./flash_tool

Starting it with “$sudo ./flash_tool” did not work nor did launching the app from the file browser

Hi

I have also recently bought a LEM8 smartwatch and noticed the battery life was not too good, at best lasting a day on standby without doing any calls, GPS, browsing, etc., i.e. just using it as a watch. I think it may not last a few hours if I start making calls, browsing, etc.

My LEM8 is currently on Build Z29-LEM8-V1.2 and I have been following the thread above about upgrading the firmware to 1.3. If I put my watch on its charging base and then connect the base to my laptop, the laptop recognizes the LEM8 and can view it as a folder but with no files in it. Does this mean that the drivers are already installed for the LEM8 and I do not need to do this step again?

Would appreciate any advice.

My gps too can’t fix, i have firmware versione 1.2. I want to upgrade but i can’t install drivers using Dpinst64.exe. I launched the exe with administrator rights but i see 3 drivers and installation fail message. I use windows10 64bit.

Problem resolved. I folllowed istructions skipping the windows driver installation (maybe windows 10 already has these drivers), and finally the lem8 has firmware v1.3. Now gps fix very well.

Hi

Will flashing using the suggested firmware void the warranty in case something goes wrong?

Thanks

Feb 12, 2019 0:46:27 GMT tekkiddo said:
Hi

Will flashing using the suggested firmware void the warranty in case something goes wrong?

Thanks

No,
But please read up on it first.
Make sure you have installed the vcom drivers (in win 10 you should disable driver signing before you install them)
There is a link to our YouTube channel at the top of this forum and there is a video for flashing firmware.
Also many other videos out there on the web.

If you learn before you flash it’s actually quite safe.