I’m the owner of a Thor Pro and like many i have a lot of connection problems.
Searching for a solution on this website really helped me a lot and gave me some ideas to try out.
I’ve also have been in contact with the developer of watchdroid, who has been very helpful and gave me some great advise, he also noted that all watches that are running android 5.1 and in turn have the Bluetooth call function, have these problems.
Here’s what I did:
- hard reset the watch so i start from scratch.
- didn’t allow the notifications acces, just pressed the back button and ignored it, you will now get this notification every time you boot up the watch. (i do not know if this was important)
- downloaded the wachtdroid app.
- connected the watch and my phone via Bluetooth.
- set up the watchdroid app, on the phone (via select smartwatch).
- I always keep the wifi on, on the watch.
optional (i think ):
*I downloaded “Bluetooth auto connect” on my phone and made sure the phone keep trying to connect to the smartwatch, this also makes sure the watch is always set up as headset.
it appears the connection, of watchdroid, is made more quickly this way. i set up this app so i would try to connect like 100 times every 5 seconds, let me know if you want me to go in to detail on this.
- the watch is still disconnecting from the watch really often, but this is not the fault of the app but is coursed by the very poor Bluetooth connection, if i put my had over the watch it disconnects right away, and if i keep it close to the watch, for example when I charge the phone and watch next to each other for the night, the connection is kept during the whole time.
- when I make sure the watch and the phone can “see” each other the connection is made right away.
- I put the watch in airplane mode and then activated the Bluetooth and Wifi, this appears gives me about 30 to 40% more battery life.
what i found was that the Thor Pro, or at least my Thor Pro, has a really poor Bluetooth connection, when i pair it with my old smartwatch i never have connection problems (range over 20m!), so i know for sure it’s the watch that is the problem.