Clockskin Transfer

I’ve created an app to help transfer clockskins to our watches. You can see more about it in the following video.

This is the support thread of that app. If you have any problems, or suggestions, please use this thread to mention them.

Clockskin Transfer is freely available on the Play Store (for easy installation): play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.marcoferreira.clockskintransfer

Hope you enjoy it  

I don’t see it available for my HUAWEI watch.

When I try to install it from the play store it says “this item is not compatible with your device”

SORRY i just noticed the notice (not Wear OS)

Sorry to bother you.

great Marco i will look forward tomorrow

Great job Marcos, I was waiting for an application like that. You got it

Jul 26, 2018 14:28:02 GMT 1 leafar said:

Thank you. And it's getting better I've already added the ability to upload zip files with nested zip files, and am adding the ability to upload an (uncompressed) clockskin folder (although I'm not sure if this is really a good idea). Also, in cooperation with Eric, we have already implemented the ability to select the active watch face from the browser (only for Universal Launcher). I'll update the app soon (I hope), and after Eric updates his Universal Launcher, I'll also launch an update with the "activate watchface" option enabled

By the way, I’m open to new suggestions, of course

Jul 26, 2018 23:34:56 GMT 1 mpmf said:
Jul 26, 2018 14:28:02 GMT 1 leafar said:

Thank you. And it's getting better I've already added the ability to upload zip files with nested zip files, and am adding the ability to upload an (uncompressed) clockskin folder (although I'm not sure if this is really a good idea). Also, in cooperation with Eric, we have already implemented the ability to select the active watch face from the browser (only for Universal Launcher). I'll update the app soon (I hope), and after Eric updates his Universal Launcher, I'll also launch an update with the "activate watchface" option enabled

By the way, I’m open to new suggestions, of course

I have a suggestion. Can you make a “Create Preview” for selected faces, like a collage, for showing off your work? I’ve made over 50 faces using WFD and would like to make a preview of them to post online. I love WFD and CST. Keep it up!

Where can we get this? On the Playstore? if yes, what is the name?

Thanks

Aug 5, 2018 11:28:29 GMT 1 klausm said:
Where can we get this? On the Playstore? if yes, what is the name?

Thanks

It’s Clockskin Transfer. The link to the playstore is in the first post: 

I had the same idea a while ago, but I did not develop it, thanks for the application, very useful! I use it with a KW88 and it works perfectly.

Hi Marco

I can’t open that IP address???

And for me, it looks weird with the last four digits 8080???

And I have the app open on the screen and the watch and PC is on the same Network.

So what can I do?

Thanks
Klaus

Sept 6, 2018 7:49:43 GMT 1 klausm said:
Hi Marco

And I have the app open on the screen and the watch and PC is on the same Network.

So what can I do?

Thanks
Klaus

The last four digits being 8080 is correct. You enter the IP address exactly as shown on the watch. Notice that the address is composed by 5 numbers. The first four are separated by a point (.). The last one (the 8080) is separated by a colon ( : )

For example: 192.168.1.65:8080

Notice that the 8080 comes after the : (the colon separates the address from the server port). Maybe you didn’t notice the colon and entered a point instead on your browser?

Sept 7, 2018 0:39:20 GMT 1 mpmf said:
Sept 6, 2018 7:49:43 GMT 1 klausm said:
Hi Marco

So what can I do?

Thanks
Klaus

The last four digits being 8080 is correct. You enter the IP address exactly as shown on the watch. Notice that the address is composed by 5 numbers. The first four are separated by a point (.). The last one (the 8080) is separated by a colon ( : )

Notice that the 8080 comes after the : (the colon separates the address from the server port). Maybe you didn’t notice the colon and entered a point instead on your browser?

Yes, I know all that, and I have typed it in correct I have even tried to copy and paste without any luck?

Sept 7, 2018 12:11:41 GMT 1 klausm said:

Yes, I know all that, and I have typed it in correct I have even tried to copy and paste without any luck?

Is the laptop and watch on the same WiFi network? I don’t think it will work across 3G/4G.

It’s impossible to copy from the watch. I haven’t implemented that functionality. Also, copy from the watch to paste on the PC??? There’s something happening that I’m not understanding… If the watch shows you a local IP address (something starting with 192.168) and your PC is on the same network, then it should work. Unless you have some kind of firewall on your PC or router, but the port 8080 is a standard one and should be open to outgoing (from PC to watch) communications by default…

Is it possible for you to post a video of you starting the app on the watch and showing what appears on the browser on the PC (no need to show yourself or any personal data)? I believe that would help me diagnose the problem.

Sept 7, 2018 18:37:01 GMT 1 mpmf said:

It's impossible to copy from the watch. I haven't implemented that functionality. Also, copy from the watch to paste on the PC??? There's something happening that I'm not understanding... If the watch shows you a local IP address (something starting with 192.168) and your PC is on the same network, then it should work. Unless you have some kind of firewall on your PC or router, but the port 8080 is a standard one and should be open to outgoing (from PC to watch) communications by default...

Is it possible for you to post a video of you starting the app on the watch and showing what appears on the browser on the PC (no need to show yourself or any personal data)? I believe that would help me diagnose the problem.

No I haven’t copied anything from the watch! I copied the IP address on my pc from the post in here to my Browser er on the PC, just to make sure I didn’t type it wrong.

It will not help to make a video because it will not be showing anything else than the front page on your App with the two arrows telling me to go to that IP address in my Browser, and I assume that must be the Browser on the PC. So when I do that the Brower tells me that the site can’t be reached.
And they are on the same network.

Sept 8, 2018 5:15:52 GMT 1 klausm said:
No I haven't copied anything from the watch! I copied the IP address on my pc from the post in here to my Browser er on the PC, just to make sure I didn't type it wrong.

It will not help to make a video because it will not be showing anything else than the front page on your App with the two arrows telling me to go to that IP address in my Browser, and I assume that must be the Browser on the PC. So when I do that the Brower tells me that the site can’t be reached.
And they are on the same network.

But the address in here is an example. For every watch in every network the address is (most probably) different. That’s why the watch tells you exactly what the address is. The video would show both the address presented on the watch and the browser’s reaction to that same address (including the time it took to react and the message presented)…

Sorry I don’t understand, the app on the watch is showing me the same IP address as in here 192.168.1.82:8080 isn’t that the one I should type in my Browser?

Sept 8, 2018 10:55:17 GMT 1 klausm said:
Sorry I don't understand, the app on the watch is showing me the same IP address as in here 192.168.1.82:8080 isn't that the one I should type in my Browser?

If the watch is showing that address, then yes. If it still doesn’t connect while the watch is showing the address, then there’s something wrong on your network (Firewall? VPN? Proxy?)... By the way, which watch are you using? And can you check the IP address of your pc? It should have the same first 3 numbers as your watch, but a different forth number.

I am using the new KW88 Pro with Android 7

My computers Ip is 192.168.1.1