Allcall w1disconnects with watch droid

Dec 6, 2017 22:18:32 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Dec 6, 2017 20:42:40 GMT 1 dom said:
Maybe I solved the problem! With watch droid if I have WiFi enabled along with bluetooth does not disconnect! Strange but it is so! I do not know why but if you have an active WiFi connection on the Smartwatch the connection works great! I will continue the test and will keep us updated. I also wrote to the developer, let's see what he says ..

You solved one problem only to create another. With Wi-fi and BT both on you will more than likely have a battery drain problem. The only solution would be to only turn them on in that configuration when you need BT calling. A good solution with drawbacks.

in fact solved is to say that at least I understood how to fix it, certainly not good and I have already written to the developer to understand the problem and maybe correct it

I had the same problem. But turning on GPS on W1 and on phone magically solved this. At least for now. So try this and experiment

Dec 12, 2017 22:28:00 GMT 1 mimo said:
I had the same problem. But turning on GPS on W1 and on phone magically solved this. At least for now. So try this and experiment

I have solved simply by activating the WiFi of the w1! Strange but that’s it!

Dec 2, 2017 0:47:25 GMT 1 yrag said:
I have the same problem so I dont think its your phone it must be allcall W1 and somthing to do with bluetooth calling that is available on this watch still try to figure it out

Dec 3, 2017 21:12:40 GMT 1 dom said:
Dec 3, 2017 20:52:04 GMT 1 yrag said:
hello Dom yes I have the exact same problem as you are having Bluetooth will not stay connected to my allcall w1 while using Watch Droid last about 20 seconds then disconnects reconnects then disconnects only while using watch droid other wise i have no problem. I have been in contact with developers of Watch Droid software they were unaware of the problem and are the ones that suggested memory erasers were the problem I have let them know that is not the problem lets see if i hear back

I wrote to the developer myself, but I did not solve anything. If you know something let me know and we hope to solve this stupid problem ...

I am having the same problem on my H2 with BT call app installed. Here is a link to my post on this forum: BT Call issues on H2

Just quickly glanced through this thread and would like to point out that using WatchDroid AND WiiWatch at the same time won’t work. Fixing by activating WiFi or GPS () is well counter-logic at best Those are like totally separate things (especially GPS) so why it would fix BT issues is beyond me. Could you come back and give us any info WD author gives? I tried to invite him to this forum soon after I discovered his app but he was slow to respond and seemed not interested
I’m not sure about details but bt usage by BT Call feature and WD are very similar but still there should not be interference between those two.

(and I’ll carefully re-read whole thread again when will have a bit more time)

Edit:

Just got hit with one of possible causes of this. BT communication is organized by channels. IIRC there are 32 channels there. Some of them are dedicated for purposes like phone book access, audio etc I think some of them are free to use for whatever purpose you want. Now if BT Call  and WatchDroid are trying to use same channel for different purposes they might force disconnect of each other (to gain access). I assume bt  connection is identified by MAC of bt device and channel (similar to the way TCP protocol works). Both MAC and channel are same just the packets that go over this are some uncontrollable mix of BT Call and WD informations.

Dec 15, 2017 11:10:28 GMT 1 nameless said:
Just quickly glanced through this thread and would like to point out that using WatchDroid *AND* WiiWatch at the same time won't work. Fixing by activating WiFi or GPS () is well counter-logic at best Those are like totally separate things (especially GPS) so why it would fix BT issues is beyond me. Could you come back and give us any info WD author gives? I tried to invite him to this forum soon after I discovered his app but he was slow to respond and seemed not interested I'm not sure about details but bt usage by BT Call feature and WD are very similar but still there should not be interference between those two.

Edit:

Just got hit with one of possible causes of this. BT communication is organized by channels. IIRC there are 32 channels there. Some of them are dedicated for purposes like phone book access, audio etc I think some of them are free to use for whatever purpose you want. Now if BT Call  and WatchDroid are trying to use same channel for different purposes they might force disconnect of each other (to gain access). I assume bt  connection is identified by MAC of bt device and channel (similar to the way TCP protocol works). Both MAC and channel are same just the packets that go over this are some uncontrollable mix of BT Call and WD informations.

An earlier post mentioned two BT icons on their phone for the watch. I also noticed this earlier and determined that when you pair the watch to the phone you get the icon that resembles a watch. The other icon is just a square. I believe that the other icon is for the WiiWatch or Watch Droid connection. I say this because after using a watch with the BT call function the two functions are independent of each other. Other words you can have BT call connected without a WiiWatch connection or WiiWatch connection without BT call active. Turing BT off disables all connections.

Dec 15, 2017 11:10:28 GMT 1 nameless said:
Just quickly glanced through this thread and would like to point out that using WatchDroid *AND* WiiWatch at the same time won't work. Fixing by activating WiFi or GPS () is well counter-logic at best Those are like totally separate things (especially GPS) so why it would fix BT issues is beyond me. Could you come back and give us any info WD author gives? I tried to invite him to this forum soon after I discovered his app but he was slow to respond and seemed not interested I'm not sure about details but bt usage by BT Call feature and WD are very similar but still there should not be interference between those two.

Edit:

Just got hit with one of possible causes of this. BT communication is organized by channels. IIRC there are 32 channels there. Some of them are dedicated for purposes like phone book access, audio etc I think some of them are free to use for whatever purpose you want. Now if BT Call and WatchDroid are trying to use same channel for different purposes they might force disconnect of each other (to gain access). I assume bt connection is identified by MAC of bt device and channel (similar to the way TCP protocol works). Both MAC and channel are same just the packets that go over this are some uncontrollable mix of BT Call and WD informations.

against all logic and work in a completely separate WiFi and Bluetooth and I agree with you! Yet without WiFi enabled on the Smartwatch watchdroid it is impossible to use it while with WiFi on, everything works perfectly! I’m often feeling with the developer and trying to understand the problem.

Dec 15, 2017 14:35:57 GMT 1 capt jon said:
An earlier post mentioned two BT icons on their phone for the watch. I also noticed this earlier and determined that when you pair the watch to the phone you get the icon that resembles a watch. The other icon is just a square. I believe that the other icon is for the WiiWatch or Watch Droid connection. I say this because after using a watch with the BT call function the two functions are independent of each other. Other words you can have BT call connected without a WiiWatch connection or WiiWatch connection without BT call active. Turing BT off disables all connections.

Those double BT icons are on each and every watch with Android platform supported by WiiTech (KW, Les1, Zeblaze Thor, H2, IQI, DM and probably some others). I always assumed that one is “regular” BT and the other is BLE but it’s not entirely true. One is for “client” part the other for “server” part.

BT Calling makes watch act as a headset and is using that “client” part. WiiWatch on you phone is “client” and watch counterpart of wiiwatch is acting as server

No one ever claimed that you need WiiWatch to have BT Calling

They are (and always were) separate functionalities

Bluetooth Auto Connect app allows to use different profiles for different devices, may be we may use it for split BT channels of WW & BT call?

I was having this exact same problem, and I know this thread is a bit old, but I figured out what was going on thanks to some back and forth with the developer and Googling like a boss: when your watch has WiFi on (even if it’s not connected to a network) if refuses to let the watch go to sleep, which keeps it connected to the app.

I experimented with this for a bit, and keeping the wifi on absolutely fixed it for me. :blush:

I have given up on wiiwatch, tried using wiiwatch 2 and neither of these works on my newer phone one plus 6 with android 9. So im only using watch droid with bluetooth auto connect and it works fairly.

One thing i find really annoying with the stock connectivity software is that my watch always vibrates and shows “phoneset disconnected” everytime it’s being disconnected, and you can’t disable that vibration no matter what, draining the battery. The only way to bypass this is to switch platform to iOS.