Zeppelin LZ127 retrograph

@doubledad released a version of this beautiful watch a few days ago. The task of mapping the complex movement of the hands appealed to me. I also added a floating light effect to the hands.
Enjoy.

Credits:http://zeppelin-watches.com

Download:Zeppelin_LZ127_retrograph.zip - Google Drive

Download .watch file: -zeppelin-lz127.watch - Google Drive

Here’s a video that shows the movement:Мъжки хронограф Zeppelin - 7682-4 - YouTube

clock_skin_model

8 Likes

Very very nice mate :+1::+1:

Made in Germany. Nice done and beautiful work! :clap:

1 Like

Thank you both, Tim and Vladimir!:blush:

1 Like

Terrific… And it seems it didn’t cause you too many sleepless nights!

1 Like

Assembling the Christmas menu took significantly more time.:wink:

1 Like

OH
MY
GOD!
FLIPPIN’ UNBELIEVABLE YOU ARE!

Look at the details in the concentric rings! And the floating light effect! It will take me awhile to figure this one out and learn from it! Thank you GIN! Good work takes time rather than copy and paste!

1 Like

How in hell did you figure out the exact timing of the second hand retrograde sweep to equal 30 total seconds when it goes back to zero??? :scream:
SO AWESOME!

1 Like

Well, I’ve often used the floating light effect. It is not that complicated. For one thing, I take a base hand. Then I create a layer that is illuminated from a maximum of one side. I now make 15 versions of this image, from transparency value 0 to 100 (255 to 0, in steps of 17).
I take these 15 pictures for the first 30 images in the image list, first descending and then ascending.
Finally, the 15 images are mirrored to get the next 30 images. Finished. This GIF is then placed over the base hand with the appropriate frame rate and the desired rotation.

1 Like

To be honest - I wrote the concept for the secondhand on my desk pad during a VERY boring buissiness call on Friday. It is actually very simple, it is 2 separate GIF’s.
The first one moves the second hand down from 0 (1st picture) to 28 (29th picture) in seconds. The 30th picture is empty. This results in a GIF with 30 images, frame rate is 1 per second, this is repeated continuously.
The second GIF is running in the last second in which the empty image can be seen. It is almost the same image list. However, this starts at sec 29 (1st picture) and ends at 0 (30th picture). With an animation that has an end point, the last picture is displayed until it starts again, so I added an empty picture (31th picture) and thus frame rate 30per second selected, since this animation should last exactly one second.
This animation is repeated every 30 seconds with a delay of -1 sec. So it starts every time at sec 59 and at sec 29.
At this point a note: The behavior of UL and WFD differs in the direction of the delay. In WFD -1sec is required, in UL +1sec.

2 Likes

My wife said lunch is 2pm so get off the forum and hurry up :+1::+1::+1: . And no texting when flying your private jet :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

2pm! Glory be, I’ll never make it! (Me thinks that was the plan! :woozy_face:) Hang on a moment! I’ve got it! Do you happen to have the phone number of the Blue Angels?! :airplane: :rofl: Cheers, Doons
P.S. I guess it’s ok for you guys to start without me, but don’t go wolfing down all the food!

Got it. VERY cool indeed!

Awesome. I use a different method.In WFD, I emboss the base hand (LOW HEIGHT AND SOFTNESS LEVELS) and set the light angle and elevation to my liking. I then create an animated layer by changing light angle creating 120 images. Once the GIF is completed, I set the rotation and GIF framerate values. (ie For a minute hand, the framerate would be 2 frames per minute). I then use the base hand for the shadow by deleting the emboss effect, re-colorizing the image to black, blurring it, lowering the opacity, then offsetting the center of rotation to be opposite that of the GIF hand.

1 Like

Were you the one on the business call with Gin? LOLz! :sleeping: :zzz: :phone: :telephone_receiver: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Just finished the black version:https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.com/t/zeppelin-retrograph-black-version/52600

1 Like

Fixed this version, too. I’m still working for a better battery indicator.

1 Like

I just uploaded a “.watch” version with an accurate battery indicator.

2 Likes