X5 air fw 170825 request

Hi, im a new owner of the Finow x5 Air. It came with fw version 170825 and im looking for boot.img of this fw. I was not paying to much attention to the whole flashing thing and i managed to flash older fw (170718) over it. Watch is booting, display working but without touch. Tried many versions and nothing seems to work and i cant find fw with version i had installed on default. Thanks for any advice.

Oct 25, 2017 8:05:47 GMT 1 koziktom said:
Hi, im a new owner of the Finow x5 Air. It came with fw version 170825 and im looking for boot.img of this fw. I was not paying to much attention to the whole flashing thing and i managed to flash older fw (170718) over it. Watch is booting, display working but without touch. Tried many versions and nothing seems to work and i cant find fw with version i had installed on default. Thanks for any advice.

which FW did you use? did you flash the watch?

I had 170825 in the watch and i flashed 170718 via spft (download only) , i also tried firmware upgrade with preloaders and everything but still the same problem. Everything works except touchscreen.

Oct 25, 2017 9:49:49 GMT 1 koziktom said:
I had 170825 in the watch and i flashed 170718 via spft (download only) , i also tried firmware upgrade with preloaders and everything but still the same problem. Everything works except touchscreen.

ok, i understand now, the only way that might fix the problem is to flash the watch with the stock FW, you need to undersand that you can't use sp ftool to do FW upgrade, it is'nt that simple. download the stock FW for your watch choose download only and everything should be marked inlcluding preloader. that should fix your problem.

/thread/1408/x5-air-2gb-ram-firmware  (make sure this is the right FW for your watch).

thanks for your reply but this firmware is version 170718 and flashing doesnt fix touch screen issue. Im looking for firmware version 170825 as there could be some differencies affecting this touch problems. Thanks anyway if someone could dump emmc from their watch having 170825 or newer firmware would be great and ill appreciate it Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017 17:33:02 GMT 1 koziktom said:
thanks for your reply but this firmware is version 170718 and flashing doesnt fix touch screen issue. Im looking for firmware version 170825 as there could be some differencies affecting this touch problems. Thanks anyway if someone could dump emmc from their watch having 170825 or newer firmware would be great and ill appreciate it Thanks.

try again but with firmware upgrade option and make sure that the preloader is marked.

meantime i hardbricked my watch, but im back again after 3 HARD hours but unfortantely touch screen is not working, guess I have to wait till someone posts a newer firmware with working boot.img. My watch was build on 17.09.2017 so its maybe using different touchscreen and older kernels doesnt recognize it? maybe. So no luck till then anyway thanks for help.

Oct 25, 2017 22:09:13 GMT 1 koziktom said:
meantime i hardbricked my watch, but im back again after 3 HARD hours but unfortantely touch screen is not working, guess I have to wait till someone posts a newer firmware with working boot.img. My watch was build on 17.09.2017 so its maybe using different touchscreen and older kernels doesnt recognize it? maybe. So no luck till then anyway thanks for help.

i'll see what can be done.
Oct 25, 2017 22:09:13 GMT 1 koziktom said:

I have been talking to Finow for a while just now about this. They are absolutely certain that the firmware we have is the working firmware for the watch. We got it directly from them. Your firmware version was 17.09.2017 or this is when you purchased it?

EDIT - I am now having further discussions with the solutions provider - I will keep you updated…

On the motherboard i have version 170917 so i assume its a build date, in settings of watch when bought i had fw version 170825. I purchased the watck on 1st of october. Now when i check version in recovery i have build date 18.07.17, version 170718. Touchscreen still not working, even with older fw. I tried every combination of boot.img of modded x5, lemfo and kw88 firmwares and none works.

Oct 26, 2017 8:45:07 GMT 1 koziktom said:
On the motherboard i have version 170917 so i assume its a build date, in settings of watch when bought i had fw version 170825. I purchased the watck on 1st of october. Now when i check version in recovery i have build date 18.07.17, version 170718. Touchscreen still not working, even with older fw. I tried every combination of boot.img of modded x5, lemfo and kw88 firmwares and none works.

Ok after much digging around with friends in Finow I found out that a change was made to the touchpanel after all....

Here is the firmware for it goo.gl/J4R9Wv

Use upgrade firmware option in SP Tool.

Cheers

Thank you very much i was not hopping that someone could help so fast I will try to flash the firmware as soon as i get home and let you know if it helped.

Hi, so i flashed this 170825 firmware and watch is back and working well again thank you

Hi,
May I ask few question?
Is this new version for Finow X5 Air? My version is 170711…
Is there any significant different with 170825?

Oct 28, 2017 4:06:09 GMT 1 paman said:
Hi, May I ask few question? Is this new version for Finow X5 Air? My version is 170711... Is there any significant different with 170825?

in my opinion if it ain't broken do'nt fix it...i got an update for my watch and the update was big so i did it cos i thought if it is big that means significant improvement welll......wrong:/ flashed the watch with the stock FW and till today did'nt do the update. updates are'nt always needed.

OK Thanks.
So I’ll keep to my recent firmware.

main difference is new touch panel, so this update could be only new drivers for this touch panel. You can try to flash it but probably your touch screen will stop working. But you can fix it by flashing boot.img from your current firmware.

By the way I managed to flash Zeblaze Thor rom mod by Vell on my finow x5 with everything working, i can install apps and so, only google play and google services are missing. If someone wants to have this fw i can upload it and share with you.

Oct 29, 2017 12:59:58 GMT 1 koziktom said:
main difference is new touch panel, so this update could be only new drivers for this touch panel. You can try to flash it but probably your touch screen will stop working. But you can fix it by flashing boot.img from your current firmware.

By the way I managed to flash Zeblaze Thor rom mod by Vell on my finow x5 with everything working, i can install apps and so, only google play and google services are missing. If someone wants to have this fw i can upload it and share with you.

Yes, please share. I have been stuck on a hardbricked x5 air for a couple of weeks, and will try just about anything atm.

Hello, following link is dead, can you please send me the new link?
w618_wgl.x5air_16g128g.170825-211139

I can’t, I guess… Moved to lost round faces.
Edit: just noticed you aren’t talking about a watchface. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like