Wii Watch and Watch Assistant WiiWatch

I currently have WiiWatch 2.2.1 on my phone to connect to a Thor 4 Plus.

It looks like ‘Watch Assistant WiiWatch’ (from looking at Google Play Store) is more functionality rich (e.g. a map of where I’ve walked) compared to ‘Wii Watch’.

Hence, is ‘Watch Assistant’ suitable for use with my watch please?

Can ‘WiiWatch’ and ‘Watch Assistant’ be used together on the same phone and watch?

Do I just uninstall ‘WiiWatch’ and install ‘Watch Assistant’?

Really appreciate any help or advise?

Many thanks

Any help please?

Basically can I replay ‘WiiWatch’ with ‘Watch Assistant’ please?

Thanks!

Jan 16, 2019 18:30:21 GMT 1 winchesterstoke said:
Any help please?

Thanks!

(Revision of Wiiwear, Wiiwear is still available for old users) This was copied from the Watch Assistant - WiiWatch app discription.

Wiiwear is an app that I used with one of the first watches I purchased that was running a much earlier Android system . So my guess is it probably would not work or work very well. Besides if you read the many reviews it barely gets one or two stars with a lot of issues from the users. I don’t remember my experience with it, since those earlier watches did not work very well. But all the reviews alone would keep me from even trying to use it. But it is your watch and nothing to keep you from trying it but I would not recommend trying to run both of them at the same time. Since they connect via BT they probably would not both work at the same time.

Jan 17, 2019 14:31:43 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Jan 16, 2019 18:30:21 GMT 1 winchesterstoke said:
Any help please?

Thanks!

(Revision of Wiiwear, Wiiwear is still available for old users) This was copied from the Watch Assistant - WiiWatch app discription.

Wiiwear is an app that I used with one of the first watches I purchased that was running a much earlier Android system . So my guess is it probably would not work or work very well. Besides if you read the many reviews it barely gets one or two stars with a lot of issues from the users. I don’t remember my experience with it, since those earlier watches did not work very well. But all the reviews alone would keep me from even trying to use it. But it is your watch and nothing to keep you from trying it but I would not recommend trying to run both of them at the same time. Since they connect via BT they probably would not both work at the same time.

Many thanks! I think I understand this a bit more  (it's my first entry into these things!).

So basically I could use various alternatives to WiiWatch on my phone - i.e. my watch isn’t tide into WiiWatch?

If so, any quick links to the best/recommended alternatives would be really appreciated?

THANKS! 

Jan 19, 2019 0:41:11 GMT 1 winchesterstoke said:
Jan 17, 2019 14:31:43 GMT 1 capt jon said:

Many thanks! I think I understand this a bit more  (it's my first entry into these things!).

So basically I could use various alternatives to WiiWatch on my phone - i.e. my watch isn’t tide into WiiWatch?

If so, any quick links to the best/recommended alternatives would be really appreciated?

THANKS! 

I personally prefer Watch Droid. However, the current version in the Play Store has most of its desirable features discarded due to Google Security requirements. You can still download version 9.1, the last before the downgrade at (Watch Droid). There is a separate app for the phone and watch. Download both and transfer them from your computer to the devices and install. This way you also have a backup copy on your computer in case and when you need to reinstall them. DO NOT install any updates to these apps unless the developer says it is ok in the play store.  There are others like MD2 but I have never used them so I can't comment or recommend them.
Jan 19, 2019 14:26:27 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Jan 19, 2019 0:41:11 GMT 1 winchesterstoke said:

THANKS! 

I personally prefer Watch Droid. However, the current version in the Play Store has most of its desirable features discarded due to Google Security requirements. You can still download version 9.1, the last before the downgrade at (Watch Droid). There is a separate app for the phone and watch. Download both and transfer them from your computer to the devices and install. This way you also have a backup copy on your computer in case and when you need to reinstall them. DO NOT install any updates to these apps unless the developer says it is ok in the play store.  There are others like MD2 but I have never used them so I can't comment or recommend them.

Thanks! Is there the best place to download these from please?  Cheers
Jan 22, 2019 2:33:50 GMT 1 winchesterstoke said:
Jan 19, 2019 14:26:27 GMT 1 capt jon said:

Here is the site I use. Watch Droid Apps

Make sure you select Version 9.1.

Jan 22, 2019 14:44:14 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Jan 22, 2019 2:33:50 GMT 1 winchesterstoke said:

Thanks!

I’m trying to install Watch Droid Assistant on my watch and it says “the format is not supported”. I’m using Android 7.1.1. Any ideas please?

Thank you.

Jan 25, 2019 19:52:38 GMT 1 winchesterstoke said:
Jan 22, 2019 14:44:14 GMT 1 capt jon said:

Thanks!

I’m trying to install Watch Droid Assistant on my watch and it says “the format is not supported”. I’m using Android 7.1.1. Any ideas please?

Thank you.

I’m not sure what the issue is. I have a Lem7 that is running 7.0 and it works fine. I have not see other posts indicating it does not work with 7.1.1, only 5.1 watches that have BT call installed. Which version are you trying to install?

Jan 27, 2019 15:52:15 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Jan 25, 2019 19:52:38 GMT 1 winchesterstoke said:
Thanks!

Thank you.

I’m not sure what the issue is. I have a Lem7 that is running 7.0 and it works fine. I have not see other posts indicating it does not work with 7.1.1, only 5.1 watches that have BT call installed. Which version are you trying to install?

I’m trying “Watch Droid Assistant 9.1.apk”.

I used the link that you kindly provided.

Am I doing something silly (wouldn’t be that rare for me!)?

Cheers!

new update is somewhat dope!