Why round watches?

Why do these companies keep coming out with round watches when full android apps are not compatible with the round form factor? It takes workarounds and switching to square mode in order to use most apps relatively comfortably and then again it is not a smooth ride.

Now, these brands are probably not into catering to the user experience compared to Apple but still they could do better, I think. Guess their market primarily is China and they are able to sell well what they make. Or, may be people are happy using the basic built in apps and don’t care for using all the other apps from the Play store on the watch.

Just some thought.

1 Like

It is still the prefered design . However the Lem10 is a superb watch for me . Using daily

4 Likes

tribute to tradition

3 Likes

I agree. I have cast my Lem 7 and Les 1 aside for the Lem 10.

1 Like

As long as 95 percent of users prefer round watches, 95 percent of the devices offered will be round. I agree that square watches are better to use but visually I prefer round watches.

5 Likes

I have now clock with round screen, new clock I buy only with square with screen

In this case I think the LEM 10 is a very good choice.

1 Like

cropped android 7 and no NFC

none of these watches has NFC. If this is important to you, you will need patience. I have a LEM 10 and I think this watch is one of the best rectangular watches on the market.

2 Likes

xiomi is going to release what I need: square screen, interchangeable straps, nfc, SIM card (esim)
(5 November presentation)

1 Like

that sounds interesting. Which operating system is used?

1 Like

I might be interested if it has “always on display”, 3 gb ram and 32 gb rom as well

Ok, wear OS. I’m out.

2 Likes

eSIM, I’m out too. BTW, any news on an upgrade to LEM4 Pro? 4G model with improved/new hardware/software? . That is just about the ideal/usable form factor for full android watches…

1 Like

No upgrade as such but as you probably know there is the new Lemfo Lem T gaming watch .

1 Like

It’s not wear os but the custom os made by xiaomi called as miui for watch.

It seems that MIUI for watch will be based on WearOS (like MIUI and full android) as the Xiaomi watch has a snapdragon wear 3100 processor, but Google won’t allow xiaomi to modify WearOS… Maybe it’ll come up with something new

If it runs full android apps though (or if devs make a huge library of apps specifically for it lol), Xiaomi can have all my money

1 Like

It should be similar to what apple is doing with its watch os.

It is not a full android watch with 99% certainty. Thus, this forum is not the right place to discuss this device.

2 Likes