Why cannot modified the LEM10's system.img?

I modified the LEM10 system.img (just deleted several built-in software). when the file SP to the watch, Why did it stayed on the BOOT interface, it could not start normally?
It’s not have any problems with the LEM8 modified by the same method.

I am not sure I can help. Do you have rooted boot.img installed?
I’m sure you need that.

What I found is this (on several Mediatek device):
If you do changes to /system in TWRP using adb shell they disappear after normal reboot. (stock boot.img)
But with rooted boot.img changes survive a reboot.
Still don’t know how boot does that. But it does.

thank you
I have no rooted boot.img installed before I installed system.img.but when I SP a modified system.img to my LEM8,I also no rooted it……
I still don’t know how to install TWRP on LEM10.
how can I get a rooted boot.img file of the LEM 10?

Our friends on 4PDA did it.
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=966040&view=findpost&p=89331961
Use google translate to understand

Basically what’s happening here is that verity is enabled for the system partition in ramdisk (stored inside boot.img).

If you disable it, you’ll be able to edit the system partition.

1 Like

Opps! The link has expired!
When I click on it, I am prompted 404:sob::sob::sob::sob:

how can i disable it?:confounded:

tweakradjes link works fine for me. To disable verity just remove “,verify” from the fstab file in the ramdisk folder in boot.img

3 Likes

@tweakradje @noidremained I will be prompted 404 no matter how I click that link.
If you can download it, could you upload the file?thank you!

Have you disabled verity?
As for the link, I’m getting a 404 as well, but you can use the magisk app (in your phone, maybe) to patch the stock boot.img

In case someone still comes to this thread and is looking for a way to download twrp for the lem 10, there’s a new link in this post: New LEM10 v.0.9 (3/32) Firmware 2020-03-02 (March)

2 Likes