What are your top Daily to Useful apps?

It IS focussed on full android watches…:wink: But still you can make some Wear apps work on our watches…

I’ve installed the app successfully on my phone and sent the apk to the watch. The watch asks me if I want to install the received apk, it seems to install, but then the app doesn’t open.

Using your link I get the same error I got arriving to the Play Store from the website, telling my device is not compatible with the app version, because that link points to the Wear OS version (as you can see in the details), but I can’t find another version on the watch.

1 Like

Hi . Forgot to get back to you . App doesnt work on watch whatever i try . Says " not compatible on this device " . Tried everything . Never mind eh

Sorry to hear. The link goes to the normal, non-wearOS for phones. I just clicked it and reinstalled on my phone running Android 9.0. This is very strange.

What watches are you guys who cant get the app to install or load using?

Sorry to hear. What’s your watch brand and model?

Thor 4 duel . Thanks

1 Like

The link goes to the android version if clicked on phone or pc, and on the wearOS version if clicked on the watch, even if it is an Android 7.1 device (Lemfo Lem 8).

1 Like

I thought so too, that’s why I asked people to use the watch to download from the link thinking you all used full android and not wearOS, lol.

strange. you could use an apk editor and change the minimum android version but that’s maybe an overkill and not worth it? someone here might be able to do it for you if you provide them with the .apk

To be honest i only downloaded as you said it was the " holy grail " of apps :grin::grin: . I’ll stick with my trusty Runmeter

1 Like

ok, sorry about that! These things are so complicated in regards to compatability

1 Like

Why minimum android version? You have android 5 and can install, we have android 7 e cannot install.

Hi guys!

I think I have some great other apps to fill the list:

Umbra: it’s a really nice icon pack which looks nice and fits nicely to the interface of the watch.

Control screen rotation: use fullscreen apps like YouTube in portrait mode so you can watch to it on your wrist. Set it to portrait mode.

Button mapper: choose your own actions when buttons on your watch are pressed. By example, press 2 times the back button will show you the recent apps window.

Android tv: control you android tv(box)

Yatse: control your kodi (including widgets)

Ring: check who is at the front door

Nest: control your thermostat

Macrodroid: automate things on your watch. By example WHEN screen turned on THAN enable wifi (really awesome app which also can improve battery life if configured the right way) (including widgets)

Hue essentials: control your Philips Hue lights including widgets

Home: control your house using Google home

I hope I gave you guys some inspiration!

9 Likes

Hi all!!!

some apps…

AirMore - File and media transfer under browser

Setting Search - All android settings

nBubble- Little pop up notification

Uninstaller- Uninstall one click either apps

ScreenStream over HTTP- Verry good apps screen stream over web browser on my pc

swiftly switch pro - little floating menu, quick icons

Thx!!
I hope I could help

5 Likes

These minimum android versions have their own min api number. I got wearOS google fit to install properly and launch (but crashed after a sec or so) on my full android watch by changing this number in apk editor.
Read more about it here:

https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/target-sdk

1 Like

Hey! Nice apps.
I was just trying to get button mapper to work… It installs but I can’t get the permissions to be accepted.
It goes back to the main button mapper screen with a quick toast message saying permission denied.

Any suggestions?

Try some alternatives such as Buttons Remapper, ClickClick, or another Button Mapper (there’s one and there’s the other).

Anyone can give suggestions on how to install the icon packs? I just tried multiple ways and not successful.

1 Like

Hi . Install them and re-start watch . They should appear in universal launcher ready for selection

1 Like

The one thing I didn’t try :slight_smile:
Nice!

1 Like