Watchface Designer

Thank you for your program and your kind for sharing and allowing us to use. I’m just trying to use for develope my own watch face with your program (don’t know when’ll finish ha ha).First (using) as of now I would like you to add the tips when we point the mouse on the icon so we’ll know what the icon works for in next version. Sorry for my poor English.

I have poor design ability.
In other words! I do not feel artistic.
Still, the app really gives me a chance to make my first watch face.
I bought the LEM5 because the KW88 broke down, but there are advantages and disadvantages.
Anyway, it’s a good app to design.

hi how to run this program on windows? thanks

Jul 6, 2017 18:03:19 GMT 1 ahsanshafqat said:
hi how to run this program on windows? thanks

This is a standard Java app. You need to have Java 8 installed and run the .jar file.

You can get Java, if you have it not installed already at: java.com/

For more information on how to run a .jar file, google suggested this page (among others): www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/run-a-jar-file-on-windows/

Jul 6, 2017 11:55:54 GMT 1 vrmagician said:
Thank you for your program and your kind for sharing and allowing us to use. I'm just trying to use for develope my own watch face with your program (don't know when'll finish ha ha).First (using) as of now I would like you to add the tips when we point the mouse on the icon so we'll know what the icon works for in next version. Sorry for my poor English.

Thanks. I'll try to add them tonight. I'll update the first post when I finish it.

Version 0.2.2 published. Now with tooltips and Simple Edge Emboss.

1 Like

Good job!

Suggest to add copy layer with styles command, and create rounded rectangular layer.
When possible add to transparency setting…

Good tool !'m play with them.

Was 5 min with this

Jul 6, 2017 23:23:22 GMT 1 mpmf said:
Version 0.2.2 published. Now with tooltips and Simple Edge Emboss.

Thank you for quick updated . Could you please make video for input month, week, date and power ? I've tried input power but not successfully.
Jul 5, 2017 5:59:03 GMT 1 zsolt m said:
Jul 4, 2017 21:19:46 GMT 1 mpmf said:
I'm developing a watch face designer in my spare time. It's no photoshop replacement nor a CSM replacement. I'm developing it because:

a) I don’t have a Photoshop license (and even if I had, I am… how do I say it… artistically challenged

)
b) I can’t get used to GIMP (and again, that art/design stuff is unreachable to me)
c) I use mostly Linux (although I do have Windows, and OS X, on other partitions)
d) But mostly because… It’s fun

Here is a video of me using my designer to create a (simple) clockskin watch face in 10 minutes. : Sorry, I forgot to include a link to the app. It’s a Java app, so you need to have Java 8 installed. Just unzip the file and run the .jar file.

Application download: drive.google.com/open?id=0B2IPqTzLnvSPQWd3WnNKVXEzN1E

So, what do you think? While I don’t have much spare time, I will implement more features if you suggest them…

Version 0.2.1
 - Bugs exporting ClockSkin and effects on Groups corrected

Link: drive.google.com/open?id=0B2IPqTzLnvSPU25Ya0JtcWxhYlk

Really good work!

Would be nice, when you choose thick layer, and set to month, then auto come name of monts.
And for style not just emboss, than setting for “bevel”, negative emboss…

Looking foward.

Very good idea! Thanks for sharing.

Downloaded and will be tested this week.

Jul 7, 2017 5:30:40 GMT 1 zsolt m said:
Good job!

Suggest to add copy layer with styles command, and create rounded rectangular layer.
When possible add to transparency setting…

Good tool !'m play with them.

Was 5 min with this

I’ve just released a new version that supports rounded rectangles (change the corner radius on any rectangle).
I’ll work on transparency next. 
Do you mean “copy all effects to another layer” with “copy layer with styles”? If so, I can do that, just have to figure out how to make it simple… maybe a popup menu on the layers tree?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jul 7, 2017 7:48:43 GMT 1 vrmagician said:
Thank you for quick updated

. Could you please make video for input month, week, date and power ? I’ve tried input power but not successfully.

I've done it. It's uploading right now (sorry, I have a slow internet).  When it finishes uploading, the video will be here: 

If you want to play with the project made during the video, here it is: goo.gl/Ww73xo

1 Like

Thank you for your video and updated. I’ve found (not sure it’s bug or not). If I opened your demo in version 2.2 it looks as your example (picture 1). But when I opened (same file) in version 2.3 it doesn’t look like your exmaple (picture 2).

, Would you add highlight in the working area when we select layer or vice versa ? ( so we can know what we are working with)

And Could you please add “Date”, “Year”, “Step” and “Heart Rate” ?

PS. sorry for large pictures.

I’ve updated the app. Thanks, vrmagician, for your bug report. It is now fixed (I had forgot a stupid assignment ). I’ve also added opacity support, so now you can set how transparent you want a layer to be, as requested by zsolt m. See the first page for the updated download link.

About the preview of the color selection, I’m using a standard java dialog. It may be possible to change it (I’m sure it is), but I don’t understand why you would want to change it. Maybe with an example I could understand the request…

I’ll be working on highlighting the selected layer. The “Date”, “Year”, “Step” and “Heart Rate” are also on planning, but I still have to think about how to implement it.

Thanks for the app, but i´ve a few questions. If i created a watchface in which format can i save them and what must i save?
Can i use it in clockskin-maker?

Thanks for your good work.

Jul 12, 2017 7:55:28 GMT 1 pego2007 said:
Thanks for the app, but i´ve a few questions. If i created a watchface in which format can i save them and what must i save? Can i use it in clockskin-maker?

Thanks for your good work.

After you finished your watchface (or not), you can save your work with .xml ex. "demo.xml" (as seen in mpmf's video). With .xml you can open again for editting. Once you finish all ,you just click File>Export as clock skin... after that you can load to your watch.

Yes, you can use it in csm.

Thanks, yes i can save my work with xml, but if i want export it as clock skin it cannot save. Must i rename it to *.watch or what for an ending ?

Thanks again

Peter

Jul 12, 2017 9:30:57 GMT 1 pego2007 said:
Thanks, yes i can save my work with xml, but if i want export it as clock skin it cannot save. Must i rename it to *.watch or what for an ending ?

Thanks again

Peter

No need to rename. After you File>Export as clock skin… the app will save to Folder named as .xml file ex. after click save and name file to “demo.xml” then File>Export as clock skin… app will ask you to save as C:\Users\zzz\ClockSkin\demo (just only for example). You’ll get folder “demo” after finished.

Thanks again for your prompt answer. Now it works perfect for me.

New version released (0.2.5). Link in the first post.

This new version adds a blur effect. Also, the selected layer(s) are highlighted on the watchface when they are selected. See the following short video for the highlights of this version.