watch stuck in boot loop

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I used my watch this morning for a run, its a Domino DM368. After the run I put the watch on charge. Came back after a couple hours to find the watch rebooting. I could not switch the watch off, so I waited until the battery went flat. I thought I could just reflash the firmware to fix the reboot fault, but SP Tools will not detect the watch so I can not do the firmware. I have uninstalled and reinstall the drivers, but still no luck, any suggestions? The battery at the moment is dead, do I need to have some charge in it for SP Tools to detect the watch? If I try to start it up it starts to boot loop again.

Thanks

Koush

Feb 18, 2018 14:12:24 GMT 1 koush said:

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I used my watch this morning for a run, its a Domino DM368. After the run I put the watch on charge. Came back after a couple hours to find the watch rebooting. I could not switch the watch off, so I waited until the battery went flat. I thought I could just reflash the firmware to fix the reboot fault, but SP Tools will not detect the watch so I can not do the firmware. I have uninstalled and reinstall the drivers, but still no luck, any suggestions? The battery at the moment is dead, do I need to have some charge in it for SP Tools to detect the watch? If I try to start it up it starts to boot loop again.

Thanks

Koush

can you see if the watch got corrosion? it might be just that and if so you can try clean it and see if it helps, try again install drivers and usb mtp and you do'nt need the watch to be on to flash it sometimes it takes several of tries till the watch is connected to sp.f.tool.

Hi Sonia,

Where do I check for corrosion, the watch has never been wet and the contact on the rear are clean, nice gold colour. I have been charging it all afternoon, it will not turn on now. I have checked if there is voltage at the charging cable and I am seeing 5.5v, so the cable is providing power. I will continue to try to flash it, thanks for you suggestions. One question, does the watch have to some battery power for the SP Tool to work?

Thanks
Koush

Hi Sonia,

Its working now, I think I have a dodgy cable, it charges ok, but the data part I think it has an intermittent connect. When I moved the cable it started to flash, when I released the cable the flash stopped. I was able to hold the cable in the right position long enough for the flash to complete. I started the watch, but it switch off half way booting so I will charge it up overnight and see if it turns on.

Thanks
koush

Hi,

Charged up overnight, flash went through perfectly, the watch is alive again, I guess it was not the cable, but low on battery power and there was not enough to complete the firmware install. just one question, how can I install custom watch faces to the watch?

Thanks
KOush

Feb 19, 2018 7:57:09 GMT 1 koush said:

do'nt use flashing again so you wo'nt risk damaging the watch, try Eric's launcher:)

ricktop

I solved the same problem. I removed the baterry and put it to charge in an external source. So I put it back on the Thor4Pro and flashed.