WARNING: Risk of fire from LEM10 charging cable

Some time ago I replaced the LEM10 strap with a metal strap. One day I charged the LEM10. When the battery was fully charged, I removed the charging cable (just removed it from the watch, but the charger was still in the socket), and then I walked away to do something else. About fifteen minutes later, I returned to the LEM10, and at this time I found that the charging cable had been attracted to the metal strap. The metal strap is extremely hot and has melted the end of the charging cable. I think if I find out later, the charging cable may fire broke out. If there are flammable substances near the table, the consequences will be unimaginable.

Guysļ¼Œthis is not a joke, please remove the charger at the same time when removing the charging cable from the watch, to prevent the charging head from attracting to other metals.
I donā€™t know if this is a case of LEM10 or a common problem with other watches that use magnetic charging cables. Anyway, be carefulļ¼

8 Likes

From the time I was a very young child (Well before Electricity had been invented actually! :woozy_face: :smile:) I was toldā€¦ā€œWhen your finished using itā€¦Turn the switch off & pull the plug out on ANY electrical deviceā€ It was good advice back thenā€¦because if you do forget to switch it off, well pulling the plug makes dead certain that an incident, like the one above, cannot happenā€¦and perhaps even more so today with the plethora of devices each with itā€™s own charging cable, dock, etc. So easy for something like what is mentioned above to turn into a real tragedy. Cheers, Doons

Which is why I prefer to use a charging stand. I made this one for my I4 Air my old primary watch. I since modified it to work with my Lem 10.

5 Likes

nothing really works properly on the lem10. Iā€™m mostly using thor pro atm though its battery is crap. get a different watch. thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Well, I havenā€™t any problems with my LEM 10. Everything works fine, in my opinion. Some problems that I know from all the other watches, but nothing more!?
Could you specivy your problems?

2 Likes

I agree the Lem 10 is one of the best working watches of the 8 or more that I have owned From a KW18 up to a Lem 7.

1 Like

Hey. Well these are the problems

Screen touch calibration godawful
Weak-ish BT
GPS becoming with time very unreliable
Heartrate sensor sometimes works for a few minutes
Google play store problem, many APPs not available
Cellphone reception is horrible
Screen too bright at lowest setting
Canā€™t use speaker for dialogs, or movies. Any sound below cerltain level gets lowered and louder sounds gets too loud.
I really dislike this watch. Iā€™ll be resetting it for the fourth time

1 Like

I think we established a long time ago you got a poor very early model ( shame :disappointed: ) . And i must agree with others i truly love mine with no hardware issues at all . Remembering back you gots your before anyone i know ( including us ) .

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got feedback from other users with newer units having some or all my issues.

1 Like

Heads up for what? This is not a problem with the watch. Its operator error. The watch did not come with the metal band, He installed it and failed to recognize the potential hazard he created. Its good he shared his experience with us.

1 Like

Because the magnetic connector could get stuck in many places, not just the strap. Mine was actually stuck to a lamp foot on the floor. Luckily hadnā€™t shortened it out.

2 Likes