UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

I underclocked the CPU more than a week ago as said before and had no lag so far.
The overheating issue had not disappeared though: yesterday I manually updated my apps from Play Store and after the second app update I got the overheating issue. I was on WiFi and Bluetooth, no SIM card inserted, no data sync, only the manual update process underway (same test condition I experienced before with other ROM versions). As I mentioned in some posts before, the issue is related with Internet data transfer ( download or upload) or maybe the problem is in the gapps integration in the ROM. As soon as I can (probably next weekend I will try v2.6 ROM, since now I tested 1.6, 2.5, 2.7 and 3.0… So far same issue in all ROMs.
@pablo11 can you provide a ROM without gapps? Maybe MicroG? Probably is worth testing…
@pablo11 can you report the issue to the Kospet guys?
Cheers and thanks for help.

I wonder if you have a bad antenna connection. If the signal of the receiver/transmitter is weak, autogain circuitry will operate at maximum gain constantly.

2 Likes

@Louis_Peek interesting point from you. In the next few days I will open my Watch back cover to replace it ( I’ve experienced a back cover crack). Would be nice to have a video tut about that and maybe some information about what to check inside the watch (antenna connection, battery connection, etc…). Maybe @pablo11 can help with this point.
Cheers

I understand that all third-party processes will now be stopped? (ver.3.0)

What do you mean ?..

this means that in order to save power, the application processes that I installed are disabled

What application processes are you refering too ? Thanks

I am also confused about this?

What I meant was that if you install an app and you need it all the time, you need to uncheck the box next to that app in settings. otherwise, after turning off the display, the process of this application will be disabled (this applies only to new applications. Applications built into the firmware work without changes)

specifically, the application for calls - true phone

I understand.
But just to be clear - this setting has always been in all the firmware versions.
It was just in a different place and we thought that having all these performance related settings available in one easy place would be better.
So the shortcut folder was created and added to the apps menu.

1 Like

Hi all,
please, I would like to better understand what does it mens telling “battery lasts 1 day, or 2, days, or 3, days…” etc

What “a day” means for you ?

8 hours? (tipical working day)
12-16 hours? (tipical ordinary life day)
24 hours? (standard definition for a day)

Thank you

And for the statistical point of view, just another 2.5 firmware overheating problem here.

Personally if you manage your watch correctly you should get a good long day from it . Say 12 hours ( sim , gps , bluetooth ) . Wifi and google sync a big killer . Obviously everyone uses for different things and some cannot manage watches well . Hard to be specific but for me charging daily after a long day normal . Let me know if you want me to be more specific

Feel free to try other firmwares as others have posted . Various results from different users as you will see

Hi Tim, thanks for your answer: funny, I always thought that a day was 24 hours… but I am in-line with your results.

I am about to try the 2.6 firmware because the overheating issue. Let’s see.

1 Like

Sounds good . Good luck with firmware :+1:

Is it mandatory using a windows 7 PC for the flashing procedure?

I only have Windows 10 PC

Windows 10 good flashing

1 Like

Windows 10 can be used too,I use windows 10 for flashing

1 Like