UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

All Optimus fw. it was bad for me 17-18% / hours!! Now 4.6%

the watch has a total battery charge of 800 mA. you won’t be able to use it for a long time. but I use system.img from thor5

I hope this don’t sound silly, but had you ever tried the MTKnoLED.apk on the Optimus as discussed above in this thread?
That solved the battery lasting problem for me and a number of other users.

ohh… sure! Just read :wink:

1 Like

personally, I application MTKnoLED.apk installed

1 Like

While updating to 2.6 I got this error: and now I cannot power on the Optimus.

Ever experienced this issue? Any help will be appreciated.

and also this one while retrying:

mmm…

I need some idea… the watch was turned off, but I read that other people flashed in long stand by mode…

1 Like

Ok, now I get this message “[logo] Download Flash 100%” : is the last message for a good flashing outcome?

the watch should be turned off when you flash it, so you’re doing that right.
the first error message supposedly means that the flashing was interrupted(probably the watch lost the connection with the computer)
the two later messages can mean that the firmware isn’t compatible with your device or that you are using the wrong settings.
Try using the firmware upgrade option instead of download only

Thank you, just a good news: after the last message I powered on the device and it resulted still with the old ( 2.5 ) firmware, and all is working fine (except for the usual overheating issue that I have on the 2.5 firmware version and make the device completely unusable).

Now I am guessing if I should keep betting and retrying… this seems a lottery.

I have to add that the firmware is the right one for the Kospet Optimus Pro 3/32 :

Btw, what is the difference between “Download Only” and “upgrade firmware” options?

1 Like

Bingo!

Had to uncheck Preloader… but this is still a lottery.

Definitely not for simple users… or Apple-like users :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now 2.6 is correctly installed: I will report here my experience about battery lasting and overheating issue.

I only the system uploading,so is the description…

I missed the description you are telling about, and only find a number of tutorials here and there… I don’t think this should produce a significant difference in the result anyway…

What version of Kospet firmware did you use as “core” with the replaced system.img from Thor 5?

Has anyone tried the 2.6 Kospet core and only flashed the Thor 5 system.img?

Sadly, I have to report that the 2.6 firmware didn’t solve the overheating issue for me.

current conf on 2.6:

• removed location permission from browser/assistant/ anyaother doesn’t need it
  • mtknoled installed
  • fix google service - updated
  • no auto-sync at all
  • disabled background data from any app

STILL, I get the overheating message (and the message that close any 3rd party apps) whenever I use:

• Youtube App - after 5 to 10 minutes
  • Google Maps - after 5 to 10 minutes
  • Playing a video in any Browser - after 5 minutes
  • Bluetooth are paired and I am phone-speaking/messaging on whats-up/searching something with voice input/etc…

I’m using the Optimus as standalone device with sim, so this is a problem that points to a complete failure for the purpose.

I just wish to gently ask a check by the users that don’t have the overheating issue:

are you able to open a browser of any kind, going on YouTube, and playing a video for more then 15 minutes without the temperature raising so much?

Thank you

P.S. no problem on the battery life side with 2.5 or 2.6 and this conf.

i tried it with 2.6 as the base.

I using 3.0 fw base,Thor 5 system.img. Now 3.8% discharge per hours.
[Gianfranco_Campana] it is working the full thor firmware on optimus pro?

Dont flash the full firmware. You will hardbrick your watch then.

Lol no,I flashed full firmware,i am using full firmware of Thor 5 with replaced boot.img,my battery reduces 1-3% per hour with Bluetooth continuous on

Good evening,
I have the same problem with all firmwares (except v2.6 cause I haven’t tried it yet). I think it’s a problem related with SIM card signal as here in Italy (I guess you’re from Italy too) cellular network is not good admin other countries. Which operator you’re with? I’m with WIND. Let me know.
Cheers

Dear,you replaced it Optimus Pro (?? firmware.) only boot.img the rest Thor 5 full in firmware? SP FlashTools settings how should it be?
boot_change2

Greetings from Italy :slight_smile: a Iliad user here. Using only 3g signal. Btw, this also happens using only wifi…