UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

If this is still happening after a factory reset then you should go back to the previous firmware release.
Please make the full reset first and test again.
Which version did you have before you flashed?

I have been testing this version since it was made and I don’t have this problem but that doesn’t mean it is not happening for you.

updated yo last version my Optimus Pro, still having overheating problems that seems related to cellular network. it is a big issue as I plan to use Optimus Pro as a phone replacement. Hope you can provide a better radio for me.
cheers

thanks, I started to think I was tripping about the heating issue
just rolled back to 1.6 then OTA to 2.5.
still, nice to see that kospet is working on a better firmware for our watches.
hopefully they’ll get it right sometimes soon

2 Likes

Anyone up for sharing their experience so far with the latest update?

I just noticed the FW that was preloaded on my watch when I received a few days ago is only lacking the - “p” at the end of the name.
Does the “p” stand for Pablo? :rofl:

Hi,
The -p on the end of the firmware file just indicates that this build “passed”

That’s all there is to it :slight_smile:

the watch gets warm and the battery drains fast on 2.7 .
2.5 is much better.

1 Like

Interesting. Do you know was 2.7 released? It was pre-installed on mine.
Any chance you know where to get 2.5? Or perhaps the next update is close enough.

can i install it to the 2/16 version?

No you can’t install a 2/16 on a 3/32.

Thank you for the feedback :+1:

i downloaded 2.7 from here.
I don’t remember what firmware my watch came with but I remember that there was a couple OTA updates since I got the watch. so I was running 2.5 before I flashed 2.7
2.7 didnt work for me due to the overheating issue and battery drain.

what I did was I flashed 1.6 which you can download from kospet forums, and then I did the OTA update to 2.5 . I wish I tested 1.6 some more, but I didn’t

1 Like

Alright thanks for that info. Tempting but perhaps I’ll just wait for next update. One anecdotal story doesn’t quite sell me on the trouble of getting to 2.5.
Of course I’m not having overheating issues.

Why the 2/16 version is still on the 1.9 version. However, pro has 2.7

Probably because there were not as many bugs to fix.

I can see if there is a new 2gb /16gb version if you want?

Yes, please. It would be great if you could find.

yeah it’s a bit of a mistery.
a firmware should work all the same on any watch, still mr. Gianluca_Borrelli too reports the same overheating issue, while others don’t have that problem.
go figure

Well, I just got home after an afternoon out in the town walking around. This is only my 4th or 5th day with the watch so still testing. I did definitely notice the watch getting a little more than warm, I’d say on the heated side, a few times. Seemed to be when multitasking a few times. I was listening to a podcast while downloading an app from Google play over 3G.

So maybe I will try that 1.6 to 2. 5 rollback.

Definitely a bit of mystery to me how the battery is draining.
It does look like Bluetooth is a big power use. I thought BT is suppose to be low power? I’m using a bt 4.0 wireless earphones.
Maybe bt 5.0 will be our savior.

Anyways, so fuuz, your saying on 2.5,your not getting heat and longer battery life?

Any idea what 2.7 did for us?

what I’m saying is that the battery life got shorter after I flashed 2.7 and the watch started getting much warmer than with 2.5.
it naturally heats up when using demanding apps for longer periods of time and such now running 2.5 too , but on 2.7 there was significantly more heat and the watch kind of would never cool off completely even when idle. I think, as another user pointed out, it had something to do with the LTE radio , as I have a sim card installed and I do use a fair share of cellular data.

anyway, 2.5 works pretty good for me. I do get more than 5-6 hours from a full charge in any (reasonable) scenario

btw good point with BT 5.0 ear phones. I have a pair of those , I’ll test them out tomorrow although I believe the best solution would be to put a newer BT version in the watch itself (next time around that is)

cheers

Alright, thanks for the update.
I just rolled back to 1.6 and 2.5 is updating now.
I’ll give an update in a few days to see how it’s going.

Yea I tried a pair of bt 5.0 headphones today and it didn’t make a difference. I’m sure the bt chip in the watch will have to be updated for there to be a change.

I’ll post the 2.5 version for those who are interested.
My experience is that 2.7 is better for the long standby mode but 2.5 is better for regular Android watch usage.

1 Like