UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

I thought 2.6 had over-heating issues.

Thank you for the advice, I’ll try it too.
v2.6 is in the first post of this topic. :wink:

My watch overheated on 2.7.
Using 2.6 I had a better battery and no overheating. Then TWRP came along and with Amplify and Universal GMS doze I am getting some amazing battery life, at least in standby.
The battery discharge is smooth and steady, no more sudden battery drops with no apparent reason like I used to have.
I am now having discharge that is less than 1% an hour when idle, 4G and wifi on.

4 Likes

How to? TWRP got it, how next?
Thx

Oh, that’s right. Ooops my bad.

1 Like

twrp :
https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.com/t/twrp-for-kospet-optimus-pro-kw-c8-lflt/49351/15

for the 2 mods you need xposed and magisk, installation of those is explained in the link above by mr.@Gianluca_Borrelli.
for anything else search this forum or xda, everything is there and easy to find

1 Like

Hi Pablo. Thanks for your usefull contributions.

I think Kospet Pro is a good hardware device, but the software need some improvements. Some of them are easy ones and it could be done in a fast way. For example:

Lite OS version (low consumption):

• The display is too dim (ans many users say). In a sunny day, you can read nothing. With a good light sensor this would be well corrected, but as it is not in the hardware, could not be included an adjustable brightness (yes, the more brightness, the shorter battery, but is user decission). THIS COULD BE SOLVED ONLY BY USER ADJUSTABLE BRIGHTNESS.
  • The idea of using primary colors to turn on only one color pixel, I think it is a bit too much to save energy. I would provide priority to aesthetics rather than consumption only.
  • On Lite OS you cannot see the battery. (¿). This is easy.
  • On Lite OS on Kospet, the Date is too small and barely readable…(¿). This is easy too.
  • On Lite OS you have only two option: always time, or time on wrist movement. The problem is that at night automatically turns on and if you wear the watch at night and you slepp with somebody else…this may be annoying. So you have to turn to intelligent watch and low consumption, wasting battery unnecessarily. Solution: option to see what only on pressing button (EASY again…).
  • on Lite OS Why not to be able to see the received notification in the phone directly on watch screen?, and not just to provide a notification? (at garmin they do with no too much power consumption and, the NRF52840 can do it, really).
  • On Lite OS The hear rate monitoring only is active when you go to the heart rate screen. Why not a once to a while automatic monitoring such as Garmin and others? (why I want to see on the main screen the bpm I has at 12:00 AM yesterday?. What is usefull for?).

Also some cases are a bit astounding:

• brands don’t want to integrate GPS because is battery consuming?. Why not to let the user to take this decission?. Easy again…but depending on Brands. The .apk you provide in here is really usefull.
  • It integrates really with Google Fit?. I’m receiveing very strange things. Someday with only Smart android on I receive nothing, other day with only Lite OS I see strange things (?). But it can improve.

Anyway, Pablo, as I said, I think the hardware is very good, and today there is a difference of this board compared to, for example, Ticwatch, because the battery, the memory, the RAM.

But the software is still not mature.

There is any possibility we may see some of these improvements in a future firmware version (at least the easy ones?)?. Or we can forget about it and, as in many cases…”What you have is what you get and only bugs will be corrected"?

Also, the Android GO will be updated on these watches, or it will be needed to acquire a new hardware version?.

Thanks for reading me Pablo, and thanks a lot for your patience and work for all the community.

j.m.

6 Likes

Did you know that you can edit your post?

1 Like

Could’nt find the button :slight_smile:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think there’s anything on XDA regarding Optimus Pro?

I’m not sure, but why not have a look at xda?

1 Like

I did and found nothing, that’s why I quoted @fuuz, thought maybe he found something.
Anyway, this forum is good enough. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not appearing to me… (?), even being my own reply…

Not even if you click on the three dots? I’m sorry, nur my view may be an other.

No. When click on three dots, appears ok, ticket and erase buttons. Nothing else…
Edit: strange, now it appear edit button in THIS reply.

And also in other replies… something has been changed :slight_smile:

Now I can Edit. Thanks…

Thx for reporting. I will have a look and try to change it.

Now is OK. I see the edit now. Thnx!

I was suggesting xda regarding xposed modules, magisk and such.
There is one topic on Optimus Pro there but it’s mostly about nothing.

1 Like

Ah yes, got it.
@fuuz Have you tried using a kernel manager app to change the stock kernel settings?