Universal Launcher New Generation [2.x]

INTRODUCTION NOTE : This work is done for free. No one should take it to sell it or put on the PlayStore without my permission.

If someone find this application useful, feel free for a little donation (not too little otherwise it’s only for PayPal…) : 
Community Donation Page - goo.gl/FrUKUE
donations for THIS project are welcome here : paypal.me/EricCROCHEMORE

Previous thread : /thread/387/clockskin-universal-launcher-standalone-app

"Nothing as changed, but everything is new ! "

I’ve spent the last 3 month removing completely the clock engine in pure java and integrating a new framework (Cocos2dx) in C++ / Lua to replace it.
Why this framework : it’s a game framework that offers great performance and that is used in the superb watchmaker application.
Once again i started from scratch, nothing was existing, even the clockskin is done from scratch.

So what’s new with Cocos ?

• smooth animation at 60 fps even on very big watchmaker skin (was only 5-10 fps with big skins in previous version).
  • less memory usage : only a few Mo is used (from 100Mo to 10Mo for the same skin)
  • less CPU usage : from 50% to 22% for the same skin
  • Still not 100% compatible with watchmaker files but it’s not very far now…
  • clockskin compatibility is not 100%… battery charging is not managed for example…

Little demo :
using those 2 skins :
www.watchawear.com/contest-v2/download/28-contest/3092-opulence-nx5.html
www.watchawear.com/watches/watch-faces/download/2-watch-faces/4796-pulsar-dual-moded.html

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71Z0doVFNhWXpRVGs
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71V2NyX2V6NmF5R0k

Feature demo video in this thread: 
/thread/1004/les1-launcher-watchawear-faces

Notes :

• Pulsing default skin is not a bug, it’s a feature that shows that the engine is working good.
  • To use the wrist on gesture (with compatible watch), disable the system one and enable mine in the settings.
  • If you want to uninstall : first you need to go in launcher settings 3rd screen and click little button with “Uninstall me”, then go to system settings locate app settings there and uninstall there. 

Read more: /thread/758/universal-launcher-new-generation-2?page=26&scrollTo=6848#ixzz4dD68AUu4

Features :

• .watch file support (only not protected format)

• clockskin file support is not full : are missing arraytype : 17, 18, 97, 98 and 99

• date/time/stopwatch tags (reference here watchmaker.haz.wiki/).

• battery tags (except temp)

• sensor tags only steps/HR/accelerometer

• NEW some “series” tag support (only minute / hour)

• NEW timezone / weather

• NEW “skin pref” dialog in the 3rd setting page : the Main location is used for weather, the others are for timezone. You can also choose C or F for temperature.

• No counter/phone/device/calendar/tasker tags

• full script support

• NEW full shape / shader support

• markers / text (carriage return is not seen)

• NEW text shader support

• Bright / Dim mode, multi screen support

• NEW full lua support with wmschedule, tweens but no wmtransition…

• Double tap opens a dialog box where you can : choose between Night and Day mode, adjust the zoom factor and choose the skin.

• clockskin Skins can be read in ZIP format : no need to decompress a skin in the ClockSkin directory, just put the zip file.
    Note the the ZIP file should not contain the skin in a sub directory.

launcher bug fixes :
- widgets should be now alive

How to install the Launcher :

• install the APK
  • activate the correct authorisations requested by the app

Version 2.2.7 :

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71eVkwR1ZZdXVpeE0

Version 2.2.6 (DPI choice cycing):
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71a3ZlZkNSWXpxbEU

Version 2.2.5 (DPI choice cycing):
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71Nlh3d0R5clIxNk0

Version 2.2.4:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71UEtiN2VrVVJJMW8

Version 2.2.3 :
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71ZlhqaXR3SWpmUDQ

Version 2.2.2 beta :
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71T0VnOVVySjlfWTA

Version 2.2.0 :
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71c2pfcmtKY3BRVEU

Version 2.1.4 :
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71TnlKWld0dTQzT28

Version 2.1.3 :
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71SjktbjcwWUswdnM

Version 2.1.2 :
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71NjVQdlZaNjhrZzA

Version 2.1.1 :
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71SURUYlMxbHEwQnM

Version 2.0.10 (old):
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GWpu3oqY71Q2VJWFc1eU9qQ00

Wow, so many thanks for your work! A dream of all! Thanks again!

Excellent thanks for all the work, going to try it out!!

Hi, as I tried your last version on a Finow X5+ which wasn’t working, this release is working fine.
The only thing I can mention is that the font size is too big, so it cuts the font in the middle.
I don’t know if it is about the german language I choose or if it is an issue on the LEMFO Lem5 watch with Finow X5+ Software

Edit: I took the round skin now for the app. Without text it looks better :slight_smile:

Thank you for the effort, trying now…shoulde be good at all…!

Nice work. Works on a Z01 square watch. I have not test it completely but so far it works great. Will report back if I notice anything unusual. Fantastic work. Donation is in order. :slight_smile:

Are those watch skins in the demo available or just to show what this app can you.?

Little hint: if you have issues with changing the watch face, change the bright mode manually to a smaller one and keep your finger on the black ground out of the watch face.

Update:
Someone got it solved that the app assumes that it is square and not round?
I reinstalled it already. But it keeps the wrong settings saved

Update 2:
I solved it already:
it was necessary to delete the “WatchTmp” folder on the watch and I also deleted the “WachClockSkin_” file (I don’t see the whole name of the file on the watch).
After that I installed the Universal Launcher again and all is working fine

Hi Eric I’ve been following and using your Universal Launcher .allow me to post some observation to your new clock launcher.
positive

• it LAUNCH SOME ANIMATION IN THE WATCH SKIN

• it very smooth and very crisp in graphics

• it projects great improvements when i come to animations

negative

• i notice in some zips and watch it projects wrong positioning/ battery bar / and sometime it doesnt show the watch face , wherein in prev version it show
  • well no heart rate yet

this is only to give a feedback for future correction

PS:
Hopefully you remove the bright and scale mode , preference on the clock setting its agood ide, also the delay seems to be an advantage to avoid false trigger
again good improvement sir , thumbs up good Job

Mar 16, 2017 6:03:27 GMT 1 kapuzo said:
Hi Eric I've been following and using your Universal Launcher .allow me to post some observation to your new clock launcher. positive
  • it LAUNCH SOME ANIMATION IN THE WATCH SKIN

• it very smooth and very crisp in graphics

• it projects great improvements when i come to animations

negative

• i notice in some zips and watch it projects wrong positioning/ battery bar / and sometime it doesnt show the watch face , wherein in prev version it show
  • well no heart rate yet

this is only to give a feedback for future correction

PS:
Hopefully you remove the bright and scale mode , preference on the clock setting its agood ide, also the delay seems to be an advantage to avoid false trigger
again good improvement sir , thumbs up good Job

You can mail me the links to not working skins. Heart rate should now work on KW88…

Mar 16, 2017 2:34:13 GMT 1 buddyrm said:
Nice work. Works on a Z01 square watch. I have not test it completely but so far it works great. Will report back if I notice anything unusual. Fantastic work. Donation is in order. :-)

Are those watch skins in the demo available or just to show what this app can you.?

As always the launcher comes naked, except for the default one, you have to put the skins you like.

kindly PM me for you email addr so i can attach the watch/zip faces , by the way Im using zeblaze blitz

Eric,

I have a problem with this faces

Could u pls help… when i click on the watchface it starts blinking

I have a video. MSG me to trigerets@gmail.com and i will send it to you( if u need to see it)

Not working on KW88 stock watchface just keeps blinking, when you touch screen to change watchface nothing happens

Mmh, I have a lem5, and with the new launcher, i lost my widgets by restart and the clock skins are very tricky and most of all, does not work.

Thanks to kapuzo, i found that comments in the clockskin xml files is crashing some skins.
Correction is found. I will post the update, just trying to find some other issues.

Hi Eric, are the widgets working after restart by you ?

Here is a watch skin that used to work with the version 1.1.8 and not does not work with 2.0. It shows only the minute and hour hands. Nothing else. :frowning:

See the image. here of what it looks like with version 2.0     ufile.io/616ca

Eric, have a look.

Watchface skin available here.

yadi.sk/d/dl6JvTdq3Ea473

Uploaded a new version 2.0.1. Still the same link.
Should correct a lot of your issues.

Mar 16, 2017 15:51:06 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Uploaded a new version 2.0.1. Still the same link. Should correct a lot of your issues.

Still downloads as 2.0. should the file name not be 2.0.1 ?  
Mar 16, 2017 15:46:07 GMT 1 buddyrm said:
Here is a watch skin that used to work with the version 1.1.8 and not does not work with 2.0. It shows only the minute and hour hands. Nothing else. :-(

See the image. here of what it looks like with version 2.0     ufile.io/616ca

Eric, have a look.

Watchface skin available here.

yadi.sk/d/dl6JvTdq3Ea473

Eric, 2.0.1 seems to have corrected the issue with some of the watchface skins. Thanks