NOTE: You do this at your own risk and I will not be held responsible if something goes wrong
WARNING: YOU MAY BRICK YOUR WATCH
Knowledge: A knowledge of how to use the SP Flash Tool, install apps and follow instructions is mandatory. You also should be familiar with the use of ADB and sideloading apps from your PC to your phone.
I previously extracted the V1.4 OTA update ROM (posted elsewhere on this site) and obtained the boot.img and recovery.img files and modded them to get root from the boot.img and TWRP from the recovery.img.
I rooted the boot.img using the Magisk Manager model on an Android mobile phone (you can actually see what you need to do on a mobile phone)
I ported TWRP with the V1.3 TWRP recovery.img (posted elsewhere on this site) that I, in turn, had ported from a LEMX TWRP that was created by iscle. I used Carliv’s Android Image Kitchen for Windows to port
Both TWRP and root are working on my LEM8 without problem.
NOTE: If you have V1.2 or 1.3 that are rooted and/or have TWRP, then you can simply update to V1.4 by flashing the V1.4 system.img from Lem8 V1.4 System.img folder in the download below.
You do not lose root, apps, data, settings etc., but the security patch and kernel are not updated.
I have uploaded the following files and folders to Mega:
Apps – Contains RootCheck, Reboot and Magisk Manager
Lem8 V1.4 System.img – Contains V1.4 system.img
Modded IMGs – contains the rooted boot.img and the ported TWRP recovery.img
Original IMGs – Contains the original V1.4 boot.img and recovery.img from the extracted V1.4 update
SP Flash Tool – Contains the SP Flash Tool
Files – MT6739_Android_scatter.txt for SP Flash Tool
The download is given below.
• Download and unzip the Mega file given below.
• Sideload and install the three apps – ensure USB Debugging is on, the USB is set to transfer files and you are connected to the Internet
• Open the SP Flash Tool and load MT6739_Android_scatter.txt from the down load
• Click on the right-hand cell of the recovery line and navigate to the Modded IMGs folder and select and load recovery.img
• Do the same for the boot line
• Ensure that only the recovery and boot lines have ticks in front of them
• Click on the download button
• Turn off your watch
• With the watch charging plate NOT connected to you PC, securely mount you watch ont0 the charging plate
• Plug the charging plate into your PC
• A note will sound and a red bar and two yellow bars will flash across the bottom of the screen
• A big tick will appear if successful
• Unplug your watch and restart it
• When restarted, open Magisk Manager to finalise root and follow the onscreen instructions, a message will come up requesting Superuser permission. Accept and you have root.
• Check root with the root checker apk
• Open the reboot apk and boot into recovery to get TWRP.
You can elect to install either or both TWRP and root.
If you only install TWRP, then you need to use the adb command to get TWRP
“adb reboot recovery “
You can go back to the stock V1.4 by flashing the recovery.img and/or boot.img found in the Original IMGs folder.