TWRP 3.0.2 for X3+ (w612)

First TWRP 3.0.2 recovery port for X3+ (W612 board) with multi-language support.

Requirements

X3+ must have firmware v
SP Flash tool must be a newer version, I use the v5.1628

*** WARNING ***

DO NOT APPLY any OTA update after you have flashed this recovery! This could (soft)brick your watch.

OTA updates require stock recovery.

Notes

Stock ROM includes a service which overwrite recovery partition if it’s different from the stock.

To overcome this issue I included also a patched version of the boot.img from the v160831 ROM which is exactly as the stock version but the recovery overwrite service is disabled.

The included scatter file is modified to load both the recovery and the boot image files; no changes to partitions layout are present.

X3+ share the same w612 board and the scatter file of the X1+/D5+ but I can’t test my recovery on X1+ because I don’t have it. If you want to try this recovery and the included patched boot on your X1+/D5+ do it at your own risk.

Installation

To install, use the usual procedure for flashing the recovery with SP Flash Tool. Don’t do it if you are not 101% sure of what you are doing.

Usual disclaimers apply *** I am not responsible for anyone’s issues here. Use this at your own risk !! ***

1. Install required MTK drivers - follow one of the many tutorials available for this.

2. Use the supplied scatter file and just press “download”.

3. Make sure watch is powered off and then connect your watch to your PC and it will flash in few seconds.

That’s all.

After reboot, to access recovery use the “adb reboot recovery” command.

Download
goo.gl/n6jyU3

Great, thanks Ciro

thanks for this but would mind to create a back up stock rom for x3+ so that just in case any bootloop will happen, there is a back up rom to revert it back using SP flash tool. thank you! :slight_smile:

Thanks.
It works on D5+

Hello,
I just got a Finow X3 Plus K9 Bluetooth Smart Watch Android 5.1 MTK6580 from Alibaba.
I’ve done my fair share of rooting and custom roms on phones and tablets but this is my first smart watch. I do want to root it and what not.

I am trying to find the firmware version but to no avail.
I am hoping I can utilize your work.
Here is this info:

Kernel version is 3.10.72+

sw02@poweredge-r710-01 #1
Build # LMY471 test-keys
custom build version - ALPS.L1MP6.V2.19_CENO N6580.WEG.1.L

Oct 25, 2016 2:27:53 GMT 1 wootini said:
Hello, I just got a Finow X3 Plus K9 Bluetooth Smart Watch Android 5.1 MTK6580 from Alibaba. I've done my fair share of rooting and custom roms on phones and tablets but this is my first smart watch. I do want to root it and what not.

I am trying to find the firmware version but to no avail.
I am hoping I can utilize your work.
Here is this info:

Kernel version is 3.10.72+

sw02@poweredge-r710-01 #1
Build # LMY471 test-keys
custom build version - ALPS.L1MP6.V2.19_CENO N6580.WEG.1.L

We have the recovery for this but in the section for X1,D5, & X3 - this is for the X3+

Look here /thread/27/twrp-tools-root-pack

If anybody interested, here is patched boot.img from X3+ v161024 firmware
I don’t know if there is any differences with previous boot.img, I just got my X3+ 3 days ago
feel free to try it…

just place it in the same folder with ciro TWRP and edit the scatter file with notepad++ to flash it

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxiZHEAmp4SuZTN4eGk4LVN1WU0/view?usp=sharing

What would happen if flash-recovery-twrp_302-X3plus-20160916.img without the boot-X3plus-v160831-patched.img file???
I happen to something strange, when flash the recovery I do not work the heart rate app.
Watch the video

vk.com/video180601396_456239027

Dec 28, 2016 16:30:08 GMT 1 madakite said:
What would happen if flash-recovery-twrp_302-X3plus-20160916.img without the boot-X3plus-v160831-patched.img file??? I happen to something strange, when flash the recovery I do not work the heart rate app. Watch the video

Yep! It happened to mine too. Anyone knows what to do if we lose heart rate measuring capability after install TWRP?

Jan 9, 2017 22:48:35 GMT 1 indiglo said:

Dec 28, 2016 16:30:08 GMT 1 madakite said:
What would happen if flash-recovery-twrp_302-X3plus-20160916.img without the boot-X3plus-v160831-patched.img file???
I happen to something strange, when flash the recovery I do not work the heart rate app.
Watch the video

Yep! It happened to mine too. Anyone knows what to do if we lose heart rate measuring capability after install TWRP?

Quick update: A user on the forum noticed that if the device is rooted with Kingroot app, it doesnt lose HB sensor measure capability. So, i wonder if the problem resides on TWRP itself.

Jan 13, 2017 22:34:38 GMT 1 indiglo said:

Quick update: A user on the forum noticed that if the device is rooted with Kingroot app, it doesnt lose HB sensor measure capability. So, i wonder if the problem resides on TWRP itself.

Where did you see that news of kingroot?
It’s probably TWRP’s own fault.

The problem IS NOT the TWRP but it could be related to the patched boot.img, in the sense that it is an old boot image flashed over a newer system version.

If your watch is already rooted, my suggestion is:

1. Modify, rename or delete the script /system/bin/install-recovery.sh

2. Flash the newer boot.img

Then test again the HR and report back here.

Anyway I can use this for D5? I think I need higher version of TWRP to see this adoptable storage format of the custom ROM. 2.7 TWRP doesn’t see internal storage.

Jan 16, 2017 18:47:31 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:

The problem IS NOT the TWRP but it could be related to the patched boot.img, in the sense that it is an old boot image flashed over a newer system version.

thanks, did as you said, hr now ok!

is there a way - that TWRP 3.0.2 recognise the data partition.
thanks in advance
eike

Hi.
I’ve 612 160927 version
Can I use it?
Is the best for me. I did the downgrade yesterday from the newst version because of the battery draining problem.
Now I can use perfectly the smartwatch, but I want to root it to get the possibility of create a backup and to FIX EPO for the GPS.
Thanks in advance

Mar 2, 2017 21:05:27 GMT 1 carianis said:

thanks, did as you said, hr now ok!

I’m sorry that this is quite old, but what is the “new” boot.img that you’ve flashed and where to get it?
My build number is X3PLUS-v.s. 161222-1482336080
Thanks!

Mar 2, 2017 21:05:27 GMT 1 carianis said:
El problema no es el TWRP, pero podría estar relacionado con el parche boot.img, en el sentido de que es una vieja imagen de arranque pasó por encima de una nueva versión del sistema.

Si su reloj ya está enraizado, mi sugerencia es:

1. Modifique, cambie el nombre o elimine el script /system/bin/install-recovery.sh

2. Encienda el nuevo boot.img

Luego vuelva a probar el HR y reporte aquí.

Gracias, hizo lo que dijo, hr ahora bien!

No he trabajado esta solución

hello. one year ago I installed the twrp and the rom. the smartwatch Works well and I’ve more battery lifetime.
but… still having problems with gps. I can’t fix any sattellite. I’ve always a lot of sats in view but not fixed.
I’ve installed several apks to fix and I’ve a sim… so…agps should help, right?
I don’t know what to do or how I can return to the firs original rom
any idea?
thanks