The battery of my Les1 cracked open the watch!

Yesterday, 17th of April 2018, the battery on my Les1 “blew up” during charging. The housing of the watch was completely cracked open. I’m not joking! This is serious.

In the morning I forgot to put on the watch so it was left on the dock for over 24 hours. Did it overload? I found the watch this morning with the housing cracked open on the back side and the screen “shattered” or cracked/crackled in the top part (see pictures - sorry for the size). 

After exactly one year of use (ordered on the 23rd of March 2017), the battery started acting weird. Sometimes the watch would work normally, most of the time it would switch off at about 60-65% battery load (after 35% drainage). Then it would automatically reboot and during reboot, it would switch off again. Only with the charging dock connected, the watch would reboot normal/full, without switching off during reboot. After full charging, sometimes it would drain from 100% to 5% in about 15 minutes.

I de-installed apps and watch faces and did a “factory reset” 3 times, trying to find a way to solve the problem; no improvement. During charging, the watch would get hot. And now the battery just cracked open the entire watch during charging. (the watch was charging, connected to my laptop when it happened).

See below.

The side view: the watch cracked open

The front view: the screen of the watch was scattered.

Wow explosion ?!

Normally the charging circuit will shut completely off after the battery is fully charged with the watch turned off. When it is charged in the “on” position it will cycle on and off just enough to maintain a full charge. I have confirmed this many times by observing the charging cycle using an inline volt meter. In your case the multiple problems you had with the battery prior to this incident should have been a warning that something was seriously wrong with the battery and to continue to use it in this condition you got the expected result. If the motor is acting up in your car you don’t just keep driving it until it fails, you have it repaired. Since unless you can do it yourself it is nearly impossible to find someone repair one of these watches. Just glad you were not wearing it when it happened.

Apr 21, 2018 18:14:06 GMT 1 jcsmits said:

what you described is'nt normal, most likely the battery was the big problem, shame that now you can't do nothing:/ i prefer never to leave my watch over night charging and it is always on i never let it shut off i prefer to charge it when it is on, it seems to have better impact on the battery life.

I’m experiencing exactly the same symptoms again, now with my Lemfo Y3 watch.

What happened?
Google Play Service-notifications start to pop up; “Google won’t run if you don’t update Google Play Service”. The number of notifications is extreme; 3 or 4 directly after one another; the watch is going wild. At that point the battery starts heating up.

What did I change? I installed a SIM card with a data subscription a couple of hours earlier. And one of the apps on the watch automatically got updated. Nothing else changed.
Setting on the watch: updates are only allowed using wifi.

The same notifications now also start to pop up for apps like CCleaner and other (running in the background?); “CCleaner won’t run if you don’t update Google Play Service”. Without updating Play Service, CCleaner still runs fine, by the way.

To me it looks like there are multiple tasks running at the same time, and Play Services wants to manage the apps in the background, trying to send notifications and (?) contacting the Playstore continuously.

Sometimes (no logical explanation) the watch suddenly switches off. Re-booting is no problem and after re-booting the battery level is OK.

I’m trying to update Play Service but for some odd reason I can’t open Google Play Store anymore; it’s shows a white screen only.

I still have to fix this; need to figure out if this is caused by a memory issue; (deleting the cache memory).

I’m also considering a factory reset, although that didn’t solve the issue last time. After 2 resets the problem persisted and in the end the LES1 was destroyed…

PS: “Google forum” on the topic of the PlayStore not working: "The Google Play Store could sometimes become unresponsive or freeze randomly… "  more at productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/igott0g5SRY

Apr 21, 2018 18:14:06 GMT 1 jcsmits said:
Yesterday, 17th of April 2018, the battery on my Les1 "blew up" during charging. The housing of the watch was completely cracked open. I'm not joking! This is serious.

In the morning I forgot to put on the watch so it was left on the dock for over 24 hours. Did it overload? I found the watch this morning with the housing cracked open on the back side and the screen “shattered” or cracked/crackled in the top part (see pictures - sorry for the size).

After exactly one year of use (ordered on the 23rd of March 2017), the battery started acting weird. Sometimes the watch would work normally, most of the time it would switch off at about 60-65% battery load (after 35% drainage). Then it would automatically reboot and during reboot, it would switch off again. Only with the charging dock connected, the watch would reboot normal/full, without switching off during reboot. After full charging, sometimes it would drain from 100% to 5% in about 15 minutes.

I de-installed apps and watch faces and did a “factory reset” 3 times, trying to find a way to solve the problem; no improvement. During charging, the watch would get hot. And now the battery just cracked open the entire watch during charging. (the watch was charging, connected to my laptop when it happened).

See below.

Side viewThe side view: the watch cracked open

Front view: the cracked screen

The front view: the screen of the watch was scattered.

Dear, you still have destroyed Les1. I need a switch for him off. I’ll pay you for that part. In my Les1, it’s a short one. All the best