Stock launcher bad translation

Recently I bought the lemfo lem6, but the stock launcher in Spanish is very badly translated and I have tried to edit the apk; (apk easy tool of xda forum). I have managed to compile with the values-es string edited it but it gives me an error when updating …

Any one know how can i update the stock apk already installed? Also, i have tried uninstalling it first and installing the edited apk but no success; I have it rooted. I have tried too to preserve the signature of the apk by replacing the meta folder inf and the android.manifest without success either.

would be very grateful because my eyes hurt every time I use the watch and read such a bad translation.

Cheers.

Nov 8, 2018 14:48:04 GMT 1 lemach said:
Recently I bought the lemfo lem6, but the stock launcher in Spanish is very badly translated and I have tried to edit the apk; (apk easy tool of xda forum). I have managed to compile with the values-es string edited it but it gives me an error when updating ...

Any one know how can i update the stock apk already installed? Also, i have tried uninstalling it first and installing the edited apk but no success; I have it rooted. I have tried too to preserve the signature of the apk by replacing the meta folder inf and the android.manifest without success either.

would be very grateful because my eyes hurt every time I use the watch and read such a bad translation.

Cheers.

you mean the menus of the watch which you use in your native language?  or a translator?

Yes, the menus of the watch and other text of several stock apps…but i suppose that if i am able to manage translate the launcher i will can translate other stock apps.

I will try to deodex the app but any help will be welcome.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers.

Nov 9, 2018 10:06:42 GMT 1 lemach said:

what is the latest firmware on your watch?

It is the last ota update…dated at 26 of september

Recently I bought the lemfo lem6, but the stock launcher in Spanish is very badly translated and I have tried to edit the apk; (apk easy tool of xda forum). I have managed to compile with the values-es string edited it but it gives me an error when updating ...

Cheers.

Hey lemach,

Since you have root, why don’t you simply overwrite the stock launcher in /system/priv-apps with your version?
I replaced the stock launcher with the one from LEM5. They’ve changed the file name while keeping the package name the same, so I had to deleted the stock launcher by the whole directory. But if you are keeping all the file names the same, just copy the whole directory and overwrite everything.
Don’t forget to set permission for the files and directories right (644 and 755, I think. Check that against other installed apps).

Nov 20, 2018 9:17:21 GMT 1 tadd said:

Recently I bought the lemfo lem6, but the stock launcher in Spanish is very badly translated and I have tried to edit the apk; (apk easy tool of xda forum). I have managed to compile with the values-es string edited it but it gives me an error when updating …

Cheers.

Hey lemach,

Since you have root, why don’t you simply overwrite the stock launcher in /system/priv-apps with your version?
I replaced the stock launcher with the one from LEM5. They’ve changed the file name while keeping the package name the same, so I had to deleted the stock launcher by the whole directory. But if you are keeping all the file names the same, just copy the whole directory and overwrite everything.
Don’t forget to set permission for the files and directories right (644 and 755, I think. Check that against other installed apps).

Do not work as you can say…i think it works for you because both apps are signed with the same cert file. My mod apk are signed different and system do not allow install or execute it.

But recently i have purchased a wear smartwatch so already it is fixed for me. Thanks anyway for your help.

Greetings.