Step by step guide

Hi. I have a KW88 with the latest software but have no idea how to load on new clockskins. I am not technically minded and the videos I have watched don’t help. Can anyone give me a step by step guide to adding clockskins. Much appreciated 

Feb 24, 2017 16:20:27 GMT 1 akela said:
Hi. I have a KW88 with the latest software but have no idea how to load on new clockskins. I am not technically minded and the videos I have watched don't help. Can anyone give me a step by step guide to adding clockskins. Much appreciated 

i will try to do one on the weekend and post it.

***the thread moved to the right section.

Thanks very much. That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ,please tutorial faces kw88

Feb 25, 2017 0:42:30 GMT 1 akela said:
Thanks very much. That would be greatly appreciated.

A good YouTube tutorial is here: 

My rule of thumb is that if the extracted watch face files include a “img_clock_preview.png” file, its compatible with the new firmware.  If that file is not there, you may need to create it.

There are some links to watch faces on this board or you can search in Google Image, or look on plus.google.com/communities/109827242607524552712 

One caveat is that I’ve had some crashes of watch faces on my KW88 that have in theory been adapted to the new firmware, so there can be a bit of trial and error to getting one that works flawlessly.

I have looked at the video over and over but still at a loss. Where do i put a clockskin folder. Can anyone give me a step by step guide. Feeling a bit stupid here :slight_smile:

Connect your watch to computer. Open it. You should see various dirs there (Android, Download, Music and some more). Make a folder and call it ClockSkin (I think that case doesn’t matter but… ).
Unzip watchface somewhere on your computer. You should get a folder with bunch of files insides (images and xml). Now copy that folder to ClockSkin folder on your watch.
Make sure that there is img_clock_preview.png inside (if not clone clock_skin_model.png and rename to img_clock_preview.png). Restart your watch and you should be able to switch to a new watchface

So to recap the folder structure should be like this: Internal memory -> ClockSkin -> [name of watchskin - it doesn’t really matter] -> lots of files

Thanks for the info. I am getting very disheartened with this stupid watch. Now it wont connect to the computer. It connected the first time but never again after that. Tried another laptop and connected fine and now wont connect to it either. Can anyone help before i throw this watch in the bin. totally frustrated now. All those watchfaces and my watch wants to annoy me. HELP ME PLEASE

When i try to add device ( KW88 ) to the computer it either says Driver unavailable or Driver Error but i can’t see the watch on the computer. The watch does charge when connected to the computer but nothing else.

I believe you have to go into your device manager (on your computer, with the device connected) and update your device drivers to MTP.  I’m pretty new myself but I think that’s what you need to do.  There’s a video I found somewhere on these boards but I have no idea how to find it again.

Mar 8, 2017 0:29:30 GMT 1 akela said:
When i try to add device ( KW88 ) to the computer it either says Driver unavailable or Driver Error but i can't see the watch on the computer. The watch does charge when connected to the computer but nothing else.

You can also check on a different USB port of your PC, check your cable to be sure it makes good contacts.

Thank you for your advice. I will give them a go and hopefully that will work. I will let you know how i get on. Cheers

Thanks guys for your help and advice. New faces added to my KW88. Nice. Looking for more if you guys know where i can get new ones for the new firmware. A safe website, went onto one site and it locked up my computer with a virus.

Mar 18, 2017 0:34:26 GMT 1 akela said:
Thanks guys for your help and advice. New faces added to my KW88. Nice. Looking for more if you guys know where i can get new ones for the new firmware. A safe website, went onto one site and it locked up my computer with a virus.

There’s already plenty here and on the G+ community.

Hi
I have created a number of watch faces and would like to have a go at sharing them. I have had a quick look at various pages in this forum, but cannot find out how to upload anything. Could someone point me in the direction of some instructions/guides/requirements please.

Mar 26, 2018 16:21:44 GMT 1 lidders said:
Hi I have created a number of watch faces and would like to have a go at sharing them. I have had a quick look at various pages in this forum, but cannot find out how to upload anything. Could someone point me in the direction of some instructions/guides/requirements please.

You should upload on the G+ community using your Google Drive accointances to link your creation.