Speaker problems

Hello!
Today after I was out running with my Prime, I wanted to make a call, and the speaker sounded really distorted…and the sound was very low. I tried to start some music to see if this was only when calling, but the speaker seems to have some type of problem. If I look into the openings on the side (speakers) I can see that one opening seems to be open and on the other side there is something covering the opening, inside… Is there anybody in here who knows about this or has anybody else had problems with the speakers? I rather not open up my watch to see more in detail…

Hope somebody can help out! I love my watch!

Regards, Freeman

1 Like

Its the waterproofing tape unfortunately . Its uncommon but not unheard of . If you do decide to open up the watch to release be vary carefull . You will have no warranty and can also damage usb connectivity if you are not carefull . Thanks

2 Likes

Oh, thank you so much for a very quick reply! How is it supposed to be, the waterproofing tape? It’s a new watch I got a while ago, the first one I got had a defect microphone. Now I have sound again…I connected a bluetooth headset to make a couple of calls, and when I disconnected the headset the sound worked again. Do you know if more people have had problems with their speakers/microphones on the Kospet Prime? I will not open it up, I rather send it back a second time if it really comes to that…

Regards, Freeman

1 Like

To be honest i have not heard of this on a prime before but i have on older lemfo models . I had it on my Lemfo Lem x . Although i wouldnt recommend this is " i blew air into the speaker " at force and it released tape .

4 Likes

Very good advice, I just blew with my mouth into the speaker and now it sounds way better! A million thanks! I’ll keep my eyes on the speakers!

2 Likes

Haha . I’m glad it worked :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

I have the same speaker problems with my Prime, I’m going to try blowing into the speaker and report back, just for statistics matters

3 Likes

Sorry to hear, hope it helps! Mine has worked since!

1 Like

Audio issues? I adore my LemT, but let’s be honest, the audio sucks, preventing use as a standalone device. You could open it to try to tweak it, but I found another solution. Polk The Polk Audio BT Boom Bit. They are small and clip to your clothes. They come in black, red, blue, and this white with mint green. The sound quality is great, and has a mic. The best $10 I ever spent. I bought 8 of them as stocking-stuffers this past Xmas. Even at the $30 SRP I would have bought them, but don’t tell Polk Audio. The battery lasts for days on standby and 3 hours in use. Now I can take calls with my watch and listen to music.

2 Likes

Blowing into the speakers does not work for me, I have tried a number of times with different pressure but it doesn’t seem to be affected at all by it.

1 Like

If it works, is it a permanent fix ?

Who knows . The tape may move back , it may not

Yep. Same problem here. Low volume, distortion. Every now and then it works fine for 5 minutes. Tried factory reset. Help!

Is your issue more of a problem with wifi on and it gets warm ?

Just tried the volume settings again. First minute or so it sounded good, then distorted and low volume. I disabled the WIFI. Still low volume.

Earlier I noticed the watch getting hot a little, but it had to work hard. I really wouldn’t like to send the watch back to China… What is you suggestion?
(I tried to upload two small vids, but I cannot yet.)

The awkward thing is , if you open up the watch you have no warranty . But this is not a software problem . This is a hardware issue . The batterys in these watches get slightly bigger when warm . I think this is why your issue appears after 5 mins . Tape inside blocking the speaker .

1 Like