Smartwatch Charging - Kospet Prime

Hi,

My question might sound silly but I am just trying to be cautious since I am a smartwatch noob here.

For charging my smartwatch, can I connect the charging dock to mobile charger connected to plug point or should I charge using laptop only?

You can plug in the usb charger into anything . Power bank , usb wall socket , computer , plug etc :+1:

3 Likes

Thanx @Dr_Andy_Vishnu

1 Like

Your welcome . Enjoy your new watch :+1:

1 Like

As long as the output is 5V DC.

1 Like

Hi community. New member here.
First time owner of a full android watch, enjoying it and glad I went with the Prime.

Wondering what your charging habits are? Do you charge your primes every night over night?

I myself tend to charge it up to 100 beforr bed and leave it off the charger until the next morning.

I personally charge mine overnight every two nights depending on usage . I have mine tethered to phone via watchdroid and also have a sim in watch for when running etc . If i’m getting low i charge each night . Everyone will be different

1 Like

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu I have the following 2 questions:

1. Are you sure it is a good idea to leave the watch overnight on charging? Smartphones have a resistor which gets activated when the phone is completely charged. Hence, there is no problem in leaving smartphone on overnight charging. However, I don’t know the smartwatch mechanism. Wont it effect the battery life of the watch?

2. How do your watch last for 2 days after charging? Coz I have also tethered my watch albeit with Wiiwatch2 and I don’t even have a sim.

RK

I have it turned off when charging and never have a issue . As for sync watchdroid seems better on battery for me . Also -

Have you turned off google sync ?
Are you leaving wifi on ?
Turn pedometer off

Thanks

1 Like

Thanx @Dr_Andy_Vishnu

I will try with these settings.

RK

1 Like

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu Thanx for the settings suggestion. Now the battery lasts for more than 24 hours.
Any suggestions for quick or faster charging? My 4000mah mobile battery gets charged in less than 1.5 hours but the watch takes more than 2 hours even in switched off mode.

RK

1 Like

Sorry but apart from switching it off its a no . Enjoy :+1:

So finally I guess my Kospet Prime has got accustomed to my usage pattern and made all the internal adjustments for power usage by itself. It has been more than 25 hours since I last disconnected from the charger and I still have 70% juice left.

RK

2 Likes

Which communication have you enabled ?

• WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile signal
  • GPS

WiFi [need based]
Bluetooth [always ON tethered with Watch Droid]
GPS[always ON]

RK

1 Like

And the mobile signal, do you have a SIM installed ?

No. I haven’t installed SIM.

RK

UPDATE: It has been more than 50 hours since I last disconnected my watch from the charger. Apart from the usual usage, yesterday I used the watch for navigation for nearly 1.5 hours.

I still have 42% juice left in the watch battery.

RK

4 Likes

UPDATE2: It has been more than 74 hours since I last disconnected my watch from the charger and I still have 16% juice left in the watch battery.

RK

4 Likes

Please also show the details, which parts used the power :ok_hand:

2 Likes