SIM Network, hardly any signal

Hi All,

I’m Tom from Australia and found this forum and wondering if any of you would be able to assist.
I’ve purchased the Lem7 6739 for my son so we would be able to contact him without having to walk around with an mobile phone. The sim network signal is really poor and stops the watch from receiving or making calls. The watch is currently running on the V1.1 firmware is it worth trying to upgrade the firmware or is this really due to the hardware of the watch?
Is there any thing that could be done to improve the network signal?

Thanks!!

Hello tommyt,

the 6739 should be running on firmware Z28S-LEM7-V1.5 now. There should be an easy OTA update available (connect to WiFi) if you’re running on V1.1. Mayby that can help?

I am also from Australia and I have the same problem.

The V1.5 OTA update helps but does not cure it.

I also have a LEM8 that had a much better reception but is far from perfect.

Both watches work in a good signal areas but the LEM8 is much superior to the LEM7

Unfortunately I live in a poor reception area.

You might like to investigate relevant signal strengths of the various networks as they vary between localities.

You could buy a SIM card at low cost for a short time from each of the networks and test them for your localities.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks all, running V1.5 now but doesn’t make much difference, went with a Telstra sim thinking it would have the best coverage but tried a Vodaphone sim and had good reception. Probably will have to look for a Lem8 is it continues to be an issue