Rooting your watch has changed

Now that we are working with the Open Watch team you can find all the TWRP recoveries in our Development section here: /board/56/twrp-recoveries

Your watches should have their own sections and that is where you will find custom recoveries made for your watch if we have them.

Rooting is explained here /thread/894/twrp-latest-boot-img-on and is the same for most if not all MTK watches.

Most recoveries can be found either here /board/9/custom-roms-support    or here  /board/17/custom-roms-support

If a recovery does not exist for your particular watch - it means that we either do not officially support it or it just has not been made yet.

Please do NOT use rubbish like Kingroot or other "one click" solutions - they are well known for injecting unwanted material and in some cases MALWARE into your system files which are extremely hard to remove !!

So there is no longer a "root kit" - this was a legacy kit made back in the days when there were only a couple of round android watches available.

Useful resources for downloading SP Tools and drivers here spflashtool.com/

pablo11 AvatarNov 7, 2017 1:23:45 GMT 1 pablo11 said:

On spflashtool.com: - the windows button and the first link is downloading the version 5.1628Win - it's a link also for version 5.1524 On other site: spflashtools.com/category/windows we can download more recent versions

Please advise if (for our watches, X3+ in my case) we have to stick to version 5.1628 in order to flash the TWRP like /thread/85/twrp-3-2-x3-w612

Thank you!

Nov 26, 2017 18:20:26 GMT 1 mihaiaron said:

On spflashtool.com: - the windows button and the first link is downloading the version 5.1628Win - it's a link also for version 5.1524 On other site: spflashtools.com/category/windows we can download more recent versions

Please advise if (for our watches, X3+ in my case) we have to stick to version 5.1628 in order to flash the TWRP like /thread/85/twrp-3-2-x3-w612

Thank you!

no, you can use the latest version of sp f.tool:)

Nov 26, 2017 18:20:26 GMT 1 mihaiaron said:

Thank you!

Hi There, can anyone please tell me if i can change the watchfaces by flashing a K98H Android 4.1 MTK6572A 1.2 GHz Dual Core 1.3 "3G Smartwatch

Dec 14, 2017 14:00:11 GMT 1 benholland said:
Hi There, can anyone please tell me if i can change the watchfaces by flashing a K98H Android 4.1 MTK6572A 1.2 GHz Dual Core 1.3 \"3G Smartwatch

sorry, we do'nt have support for this watch

Hi Pablo and Sonia,

Can the kw99 watch also be rooted as described in the three rooting the proper way?

I am using the latest fw found on the kingwear website (its dated 28 may 2018).

Rooted several phones in the past but have not yet rooted my android watches.

BTW Just wondering would rooting programs like Kingroot/Kingoroot also workshop in rooting? Most android 5 phones were rootable with Both.

Greets

Jul 16, 2018 8:27:09 GMT 1 ranja said:

better not, better use the method here to root your watch and yes you can root the kw99, just install recovery and use supersu to root the watch.

i have a z10, basically a thor,les1 and di06 clone from everything i can tell. it has the same specs as di06, reading around it seems as though i should use the method/files for the les1. not new to this but really want to make sure i get everything right. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. i’ve also been unable to get the dl links to work…

Sept 15, 2018 1:07:32 GMT 1 b said:
i have a z10, basically a thor,les1 and di06 clone from everything i can tell. it has the same specs as di06, reading around it seems as though i should use the method/files for the les1. not new to this but really want to make sure i get everything right. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. i've also been unable to get the dl links to work...

you can use the les1\thor zip files for your watch.

what links are you trying to download? (pablo11)

do you mean you can’t extract them?

should i use inharmony?

Sept 23, 2018 15:45:20 GMT 1 b said:
should i use inharmony?

i'm not familiar with this what is it for?

it’s one of the (inharmony) twrp.img for the watches that would end up with inverted touch panel (les1 and di06 according to xda) (on this site the thor and les1 are kind of lumped together). my watch has the same specs as the di06 so i’m unclear which category my watch would end up in, inverted or not. i managed to find and download the ‘all devices core tools root pack’ there were something like 209 errors unpacking it.

Please ask your question in our Dev section.
We are working with OpenWatch and so they should see and respond to your question here /board/56/twrp-recoveries

Locking this old legacy thread now.