Rooting Kospet Hope

Hi! Does anyone already received usb cable and was trying to root Kospet Hope? It’s even possible?

no problem with magisk

Jan 29, 2019 11:31:31 GMT 1 jockyw2001 said:
no problem with magisk

Did you try to regulate CPU speed after? Can you tell if by doing that battery life is better?

Jan 29, 2019 13:25:38 GMT 1 maro33 said:
Did you try to regulate CPU speed after? Can you tell if by doing that battery life is better?

I didn't have time yet to start underclocking tests, but I will certainly do that soon.
Jan 29, 2019 11:06:30 GMT 1 maro33 said:
Hi! Does anyone already received usb cable and was trying to root Kospet Hope? It's even possible?

Only shipped two days ago
Jan 29, 2019 16:09:05 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Only shipped two days ago

Indeed, the official cable is shipped since 2 days. Like pablo did, I have built my own custom cable a few weeks ago and have root ever since

Hallo, can you be so nice and write down a tutorial for brave.root.beginners:)
Thx, whatever you decide.
Or if you an expert … i dont know how difficult it is… can you create a zipfile which can be flashed over the lokalupdate which includes for the buildprop “persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1”

OK, I’ve Rooted Pretty Much every android ive ever owned from phone to tablet. But i need to understand the benefits of rooting the watch?

Jan 29, 2019 14:56:48 GMT 1 jockyw2001 said:
Jan 29, 2019 13:25:38 GMT 1 maro33 said:

I didn't have time yet to start underclocking tests, but I will certainly do that soon.

Im waiting for my cable, its going to come in not more than two weeks. Till then I hope you'll do all the tests and please recommend as how to squeeze the best of this watch after rooting

Benefits for me…i hope it works: camera2api enable. -> like the camera… raw pics…own editing
More i dont need
Oh…and maybe i can fix the not working gps

A question from a totally newbie in this thing of rooting the smartwatch: after having rooted it, is it possible to remove those useless native apps (such as the calendar)?

Jan 29, 2019 10:31:31 GMT jockyw2001 said:
no problem with magisk

Can you give us instructions of the rooting procedure? Which TWRP did you use?

to root it I dumped all flash partitions with sp flash tools and then patched the boot.img with magisk manager on my android phone and flashed that to the watch

Here is a patched boot and TWRP recovery for the Hope
If you don’t know how to use it - research it or don’t use it.
I would always reccommend patching the very latest boot image with Magisk manager but you can use this one if you want.

drive.google.com/file/d/1mz0bn_vezjl-Hx8QR1xSAORVTECtXAYE/view?usp=sharing

I received the cable this week and already installed TWRP and rooted the watch. Many thanks.

Can someone check if this app will allow BT calling and messaging… It needs root to install a blutooth stack for Sim Access

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.rsapinstall

Its called Bluetooth Sim Access Install at the play store

Feb 17, 2019 21:02:18 GMT helfouli said:
Can someone check if this app will allow BT calling and messaging.. It needs root to install a blutooth stack for Sim Access

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.rsapinstall

Its called Bluetooth Sim Access Install at the play store

no, it wo’nt do you use sim in the watch? 

Nah… Trying to save on battery.

Also, tried the SIM but I don’t think the watch runs the same frequencies as my carrier. It wouldn’t connect to my towers.

…speaking of root. I went to sign into LastPass on my Hope and i got a warning message that my phone was rooted and as a result, info on this and other may be at risk." I just got the watch on Saturday and just started playing with it. Any thoughts as to why LastPass would generate this warning?

Ho do you get the watch in a mode where it connectable with MTK Driod Tool and SF Flash on the PC?
Usually called download mode or similar ?