Real bluetooth phone calls from watch

I am editing this as it is the first post here regarding this topic.
The official response from Mircowear is that the H2 will carry this feature and the firmware in newly purchased watches will have this built in
I am in discussion with them to get permission to release the firmware here - but if they release it as an OTA there will be no need to rush into it.
So short answer is that right now it does not have this feature but it will be available soon - hopefully for existing owners as well.
Hi,so,if i buy the H2 and get it sometime next month, will it already have this feature? Or do i still have to do some OTA firmware updating? Please coz i wanna make sure before i purchase. Thanks!

At the moment do no have the update yet since I have H2. Just be aware of H2 have a bad battery mostly die off below 25%.

Nov 3, 2017 8:10:59 GMT 1 gtryan2017 said:
At the moment do no have the update yet since I have H2. Just be aware of H2 have a bad battery mostly die off below 25%.

it happens everytime it reaches 25%?

It happen between 20% to 25%.

gtryan2017 do you have sim in? How is signal quality? It always happen at 20%-25%? Or sometimes? Watch turns off? Can you turn it on? What battery percentage it shows after power on? If you can’t turn it on connect it to charger. It should light up for a moment with bootlogo and then show battery charge.

Try charging it fully (until it shows 100%) while powered down. Turn it on, turn it off. Charge up to 100% while powered down. I usually do something like this every other week or so.

Nov 4, 2017 18:41:44 GMT 1 nameless said:gtryan2017 do you have sim in? How is signal quality? It always happen at 20%-25%? Or sometimes? Watch turns off? Can you turn it on? What battery percentage it shows after power on? If you can't turn it on connect it to charger. It should light up for a moment with bootlogo and then show battery charge.

Try charging it fully (until it shows 100%) while powered down. Turn it on, turn it off. Charge up to 100% while powered down. I usually do something like this every other week or so.

I do not have the sim on it when this happen. I only on wifi for updating the google play and exploring the watch. When it happen, I’m unable to turn it on back on except charge it for a couple of minutes then able to turn it on back. 

I will try the your method later on. Hopefully it won’t die off suddenly on below 25%. Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

Nov 4, 2017 10:56:05 GMT 1 gtryan2017 said:

same happens to me, it need to be calibrate but most apps need root and the other process which can be done without root can damage the battery:/ 

try this   play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&hl=en i was not able to calibrate with it, maybe for you it will work it does’nt seem need root.

Nov 5, 2017 18:38:00 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

same happens to me, it need to be calibrate but most apps need root and the other process which can be done without root can damage the battery:/ 

try this   play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&hl=en i was not able to calibrate with it, maybe for you it will work it does’nt seem need root.

I believe is battery issue. It happen to my old smart phone which got a bad battery. It die off around 20%. While recharging starting from 1% to 5% then jump back to 20% and so on. 

Update: DO NOT USE the BATTERY CALIBRATION application. It will drain the battery and mess up the battery. 5 hours 50% power drain without using it (Everything off). Power off and recharge show 25% only. Worst apps ever.

Nov 5, 2017 19:59:06 GMT 1 gtryan2017 said:

Nov 5, 2017 18:38:00 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

I believe is battery issue. It happen to my old smart phone which got a bad battery. It die off around 20%. While recharging starting from 1% to 5% then jump back to 20% and so on. 

Update: DO NOT USE the BATTERY CALIBRATION application. It will drain the battery and mess up the battery. 5 hours 50% power drain without using it (Everything off). Power off and recharge show 25% only. Worst apps ever.

When you reference "the Battery Calibration" app which specific one are you referring to? There are many and the one I use works fine. I get 30 -40 hours of use time on my I4 Air, with a Sim card installed.
Nov 6, 2017 14:07:32 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Nov 5, 2017 19:59:06 GMT 1 gtryan2017 said:

When you reference "the Battery Calibration" app which specific one are you referring to? There are many and the one I use works fine. I get 30 -40 hours of use time on my I4 Air, with a Sim card installed.

which app are you using?  are you always on 3g?

I believe that Sonia was directing the question at gtryan but I’ll post my information also. I install and test all apps on my phone before putting them on a watch. I currently use this Battery Calibration successfully on my devices. I also have a Speedtalk Sim Card installed, works on 2G primarily or 3G, through T-Mobile network. T-Mobile has announced that they will support 2G until 2020.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.batteryapps.batterycalibration&hl=en

i have the watch:) and i just love it, install google gesture or settings search and locate battery, click on the top and there change to what you want so watch wo'nt shut down in 25% or 20%. if this is not the case you better calibrate the battery and if you still having problems then it is the battery which is the problem.

So has anybody installed this firmware,(as opposed to having a watch delivered with it), and found the ‘new’ fitness app, (note: not the ‘old’ health app), shown in the youtube review soniasophie posted on another thread, i.e. the one that has the different sports activities?

Dec 17, 2017 21:29:53 GMT 1 tedted said:
So has anybody installed this firmware,(as opposed to having a watch delivered with it), and found the 'new' fitness app, (note: not the 'old' health app), shown in the youtube review soniasophie posted on another thread, i.e. the one that has the different sports activities?

my watch came with the new firmware most likely the it includes the new fitness app, i will check that and notify here.

I am having an issue when my watch is connected to my phone via Bluetooth. It says no device connected when i try Bluetooth calling but i can use the find my phone function and receive notifications just fine. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks everyone!

Feb 1, 2018 2:30:38 GMT 1 alphalegion23 said:
I am having an issue when my watch is connected to my phone via Bluetooth. It says no device connected when i try Bluetooth calling but i can use the find my phone function and receive notifications just fine. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks everyone!

which app do you use for notifications? the bt calls app does'nt work well with other apps that needs bt (works fine with wiiwatch) and other bt devices like headsets.

Did you connect the BT Call app through the app itself or just on the phone? What you are describing sounds like the app is not connected. On the last page of the app is where you connect. Other words the BT call app requires its own connection separate from the watch BT connection. Sometimes it may reconnect automatically but you need to initially and some devices each time you start the watch establish the connection.  If you are not sure watch the video on this forum on how to use BT call feature.

I had the same problem. I managed to solve with the help of the application -

Watch Droid Assistant(is set to the clock ) and Watch Droid Phone(installed on your smartphone). A standard application for connecting hours and a smartphone - it works terribly.

I made my own watch face and this has a dual coloured outer ring battery state indicator, red/green. The watch stays on until the green (charge) section has all but disappeared around 3%, at what point after that it turns off I don’t know. Certainly at 20% it is all OK.

Jan 15, 2019 19:07:24 GMT 1 mrmike said:
I made my own watch face and this has a dual coloured outer ring battery state indicator, red/green. The watch stays on until the green (charge) section has all but disappeared around 3%, at what point after that it turns off I don't know. Certainly at 20% it is all OK.

Why u say that in this topic ?!