Question regarding warranty problems

I do not have a hardware issue with my watch, but just had a question regarding how to go about getting warranty service if need be. First of all, Lemfo’s webpage does not give any information  that I can find as far as how long the warranty is, and who to contact if one has a problem. There is a phone number and email address, but it seems to be only for distributors, not end users. A support link sends you to links to AlieExpress, Ebay, and Amazon, where I got mine, but I have never contacted a seller for warranty assistance. The documentation that came with the watch gives no information at all. This forum, and possibly XDA, is the only source of support I can see for this device. I live in the US. Is there a US address or contact in case disaster strikes?? Thank you to anybody that can help. This forum has been a great source of information since I got my Lemx!

I did not get any info with the watch either, and as watch is sold world-wide, maybe the best answer is to ask the shop where you purchased the watch.

I purchased from China, so I do not expect any warranty assistance due to distance from Australia/ high cost of shipping to return watch to China

1 Like
Jan 10, 2019 21:29:14 GMT 1 yoyo5757 said:
I did not get any info with the watch either, and as watch is sold world-wide, maybe the best answer is to ask the shop where you purchased the watch.

I purchased from China, so I do not expect any warranty assistance due to distance from Australia/ high cost of shipping to return watch to China

Mine came from Amazon. I can return it up to the end of this month, but they do not handle warranty issues. That is up to the manufacturer. They do offer service plans, but none was offered for this watch. I find it odd that nowhere does it even say how long the warranty is!

Jan 11, 2019 21:28:47 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

Jan 10, 2019 21:29:14 GMT 1 yoyo5757 said:

Mine came from Amazon. I can return it up to the end of this month, but they do not handle warranty issues. That is up to the manufacturer. They do offer service plans, but none was offered for this watch. I find it odd that nowhere does it even say how long the warranty is!

My personal opinion about warranties on Chinese products is there is no warranty and I buy anything from there with that in mind. If I should require repair or replacement and it does happen under their “warranty” it is an unexpected benefit. Its mostly due to the inability to communicate with them, their strange requests (repeated requests for a video or pictures of an item that you did not receive) and the difficulty in actually returning the item to them.

cranstonsnord

If you have a hardware fault in the future you can email them at order@lemfo.com and explain that the RASC support forum has told you to contact them about your problem.

I have problems with both of my LEMX devices.  Both screens have some sort of issue that is affecting the digitiser, this has caused ‘Blank’ touch areas on the screen.  I can’t now use either of my devices…

I’ve emailed aliexpress_service@lemfo.com aliexpress_service@lemfo.com twice with no reply.  I have also ‘contacted’ the Seller on Aliexpress where I purchased both devices, again no reply.  The Chinese don’t seem to respect ‘warranty’ issues once the ‘sale’ has been complete and ‘finished’!  Be warned!

Its a bad experience and I’m not surprised they have such a bad reputation.

The Aliexpress Store I’d avoid is: lemfo.aliexpress.com/store/1095026

Jan 16, 2019 10:32:19 GMT 1 7030123 said:
I have problems with both of my LEMX devices.  Both screens have some sort of issue that is affecting the digitiser, this has caused 'Blank' touch areas on the screen.  I can't now use either of my devices..

I’ve emailed aliexpress_service@lemfo.com aliexpress_service@lemfo.com twice with no reply.  I have also ‘contacted’ the Seller on Aliexpress where I purchased both devices, again no reply.  The Chinese don’t seem to respect ‘warranty’ issues once the ‘sale’ has been complete and ‘finished’!  Be warned!

Its a bad experience and I’m not surprised they have such a bad reputation.

The Aliexpress Store I’d avoid is: lemfo.aliexpress.com/store/1095026      

I would try the link given in the previous post. Normally , at least if you are based in the US like I am, warranty issues have to be resolved by the manufacturer, not the retailer that sold it to you. The retailer would only swap it if it was within their return window they gave you. After that, you have to deal with the manufacturer. The problem I see is I cannot find out what the actual warranty is on the watch. There was no warranty documentation in the watch packaging, and I cannot find any on their web page.

HI 7030123 “I have problems with both of my LEMX devices. Both screens have some sort of issue that is affecting the digitiser, this has caused ‘Blank’ touch areas on the screen. I can’t now use either of my devices…”

If you paid by credit card, try contacting your bank and request a chargeback (the bank reverses the payments because the goods are faulty/ major failure). In my country Australia, the banks have this chargeback process, and I have had to use it on 2 occasions with AliExpress shops , and always received 100% refund back to my credit card.

Hi

My lemX is starting to show the same lines.
Contacted the seller, they asked me to send it back to china “for repair”…
I’m not sure I wanna spend another 30€, when it’s obviously a manufacturing default.
Tried to upload the pic here, but not sure how :confused:

Do you have any updates since january?

Bex

My screen is now showing extra lines and small dots.  Please ignore the large very bright spots, these are just reflection off house lights 

Please any idea what is happening to it? Will it effect the life of the screen, usability of the watch?

1761.jpg

Very disappointing, since I love(d) everything about this watch.
I’m a big guy, and finally found the right sized smartwatch for me :confused:

Mine doesn’t have any problems but I do have film screen protector front and back , but I realize that the LPTS display maybe have some down side because my Zeblaze Thor 4 pro has some dots like 6 off those in the right side of the screen I did make a complaint all the troubles like send it back that I have to paid , for repair and wait like 4 months to get it back soo stupid deal, so at the end of the dealing I did get $40 and keep the watch. The seller was Banggood dealing with them no problems even I have the device for almost 4 months.
Yes I am big guy too and this watch is nice

Mine has some issue where the battery runs down twice as fast as it did when it was new about 5 months ago. It is pristine condition otherwise. I thought the Amazon seller was going to replace it, but it looks like the actual seller is in Chine, but the watch was shipped to me here in the US from a US source. They want me to send it back to China. That is going to be rather expensive and I do not want to put more money into it. I also have an issue where I have to pay for return shipping on a defective product. I am just going to use it it as it is as it is working normally otherwise, I just have to charge it every day.

Apr 12, 2019 10:38:54 GMT 2 yoyo5757 said:

My screen is now showing extra lines and small dots.  Please ignore the large very bright spots, these are just reflection off house lights 

Please any idea what is happening to it? Will it effect the life of the screen, usability of the watch?

That checkerboard pattern is very odd. Is that visible when the watch is on?

Yes the checkerboard does show when on.

Watch is only 4 months old, and this has just started appearing.

So very keen to understand if anybody can say what this is and if it effects the life of the screen, usability of the watch?

Apr 13, 2019 4:35:13 GMT 2 yoyo5757 said:
Yes the checkerboard does show when on.

Watch is only 4 months old, and this has just started appearing.

So very keen to understand if anybody can say what this is and if it effects the life of the screen, usability of the watch?

I did some research on your problem, and it is possible it is some problem with a  cable that connects the LCD to the watches main circuit board. Somebody on another forum had a similar problem on a mobile phone LCD, and he said said the problem was with something called a flex cable, which I think is just a small flat ribbon cable. I have swapped out a few batteries in iPhones and have seen these. Unfortunately, I do not think this watch can be opened, at least not easily. Worst case is the LCD is going bad. It is very possible that your issue could affect the watches longevity. 

thanks for the research, appreciated

My watch has just started showing this pattern when the screen is off. So now along with my battery issues, I have this problem. The seller at Amazon twice told me they were going to replace it, but I have not heard from them in over three weeks, so that is that I guess. I could send it back to China for replacement, but that would cost me $40.00 or more and I am not willing to put any more money in this device. What started as a nice and interesting device, has turned into essentially throwing $200.00 away. I am really disappointed. I am going to use this watch sparingly until it gives up the ghost, and just go back to my Samsung S3 until I can find something of better quality with a large face. :frowning:

My experience with Amazon was good on an Oculus go, they agreed to return , paid the return postage from Australia if $62, and did full refund when they received the goods. I would try following up with Amazon again by email as their system keeps track of email chain

I contacted them one more time, and this time the seller wanted me to return my watch to their west coast warehouse here in the US first, then they would send me a replacement. They said it would be a used one as they did not have new stock. I thought about it, and decided against it. I was too afraid I would never see the watch again. This seller has been good at responding to emails, but as I said, not too good with follow up. My watch is not 100%, but at least works and I have what I paid for. I was also hoping to see the used replacement first. I could have ended up with a watch that was returned to them for another reason, and just inherit a new set of problems. I knew when I bought this watch that if I had problems, there would be no US based warranty support, but was really surprised a few months ago when this seller told me not to worry about it, they would take care of it. They only did half the job! This is the only negative experience I have ever had on Amazon. :frowning_face: