Possible fragility of the backside of the shell?

Straps come off with the rear cover.
So yes, it should not be too difficult

Sorry I misunderstand exactly what you mean.
Do you mean they will send the band and rear cover complete or just the back cover and I will have to fit my bands to the new back cover?

According to another members photo - it looks like it’s all one piece.

Rear cover:

1 Like

Lemfo official store are sending me a rear case/shell with bands attached to replace my cracked rear shell. I am awaiting shipment and tracking reference.

I am pleased with the response I have received so far :blush:

@Promethian : I’m happy for you and I hope they’ll do the same with my case.
Yet, I fear there is a weakness in the design and the problem will happen again and again…

Hello to all,
I am also waiting for the agreed receipt of a new backcover from the lemfo team (I don’t know if with or without a strap), but they didn’t specify whether it was reinforced or if it was the same one that was broken.
As soon as I receive it I will let you know.

I understand your fears, however this option is better than being without the watch for 2 months while it is sent back and replaced for a complete new item.
You could always request a full refund and return the faulty item.

If there is an inherent design weakness then we should/will be seeing many more of these reports.

Hello to all.
Waiting for the new backcase I started to study how the strap was fixed. I discovered that in reality it is not a unique piece with the backcase, but it can be taken apart. The strap is fastened with a pin that has at its ends two nuts which are cylindrical and have no notches to be unscrewed with a screwdriver. With a fine beak pliers and, patience, I managed to take them apart. Of course, I think it will be harder to reassemble them.

3 Likes

When I spoke to support on the official Lemfo store I specifically asked them to send a the backcase and straps assembled. They agreed so I’m hoping I will not have to disassemble/reassemble them. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi there, just to keep you informed :
After several emails exchanged to find a solution, the Banggood support team offered to send me a new back cover. They didn’t mention if the straps were going to be included.
I agreed (being ready to do the manipulations). I’ll now wait and see.

By the way, did someone got news / statement from Lemfo, about a possible re-design of the back cover?

I tried emailing Alan_LEMFO but the emails keep bouncing back :frowning: Anyone else had this issue?

Lemfo official store say they have posted my new back cover but I have been unable to get them to give me a tracking reference :frowning: .
Delivery time is 25-30 days. I hope it doesn’t go missing in the post as I could be waiting forever.
If it arrives I will post back!!

Banggood says they are going to send me a new back cover as well, but I see this order is still in status “processing”.
So I think they are still waiting for Lemfo to send them some back covers and then only, they will send it to me.
Conclusion : it may take weeks… like, many weeks before I can finally use my Lem T :frowning:

Edit : the sending of a new back cover from Banggood is delayed (“back order” status).

I really don’t want to put my Lem T into a drawer during months

Could someone give me some direct email to Lemfo, in order to ask for a direct sending?

I was contacted by the lemfo team (ebay), informing me that for the backcover it should be sent from China because the new backcover is not available from the Italian warehouse. Apart from the fact that it is not specified if the part will be a modified part or simply a copy of the existing one, this report makes me think that the solution times will be quite long. This means that the smartwatch will stay in a drawer for a long time.

1 Like

Any update on the fragility problem with the back case? I have yet to receive my lemfo Lem T from AliExpress and I’m afraid it will have the same issues.

Morning . Lemfo is well aware of this problem and as you know members have been sent replacement backs . As for a update on new vs old models only @pablo11 will know details on this and what has been done to help with this random ( not all ) issue . Thanks

2 Likes

Yeah, as Tim said - Lemfo are well aware of the problem and to be honest I believe they dealt with the problem pretty quickly because I not seen many reports of this recently.

2 Likes

Same here… yet to receive new back as yet.
Disappointingly they were shipped with no tracking information, or none that I know of, after continually asking for tracking number.

He’s not waiting for a back . He is awaiting his whole new watch . Hope you get your replacement back soon .

1 Like